Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have a hunch that McCarthy will have more 11:00 - Jan 21 with 6759 viewsbenfleetblue

Job offers and be in more demand than the person who we end up replacing him with ! I can see him going to a Norwich or a Sunderland type club and with a bit of investment end up getting a side promoted whilst we continue to struggle along with no money !
I have a hunch that McCarthy will have more on 17:18 - Jan 21 with 812 viewsJ2BLUE

I have a hunch that McCarthy will have more on 17:05 - Jan 21 by Trequartista

if you can prove this, i'll withdraw it.

Your point needs no evidence? My point based on logic does? Typical.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I have a hunch that McCarthy will have more on 17:44 - Jan 21 with 776 viewsGuthrum

I have a hunch that McCarthy will have more on 16:08 - Jan 21 by Mullet

Apart from the bulk of his management career such as Wolves, Sunderland, Ireland etc far outstripping that assessment.

Let alone his job here being far more than just galvanising in 4:1 ratio with this season in the balance.

Setting aside the Ireland job, I would say that McCarthy has had difficulty in pushing his teams beyond promotion and bare survival in the Prem (his highest finish was 15th).

And a lot of his success at Town has been by galvanising and forging the spirit within a set of not outstanding players, rather than any tactical flair or innovation. McCarthy's Ipswich runs far more on morale and determination than technical brilliance.

I haven't suddenly decided he's a bad manager, but there are some things McCarthy is better at than others.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I have a hunch that McCarthy will have more on 17:50 - Jan 21 with 771 viewsMullet

I have a hunch that McCarthy will have more on 17:44 - Jan 21 by Guthrum

Setting aside the Ireland job, I would say that McCarthy has had difficulty in pushing his teams beyond promotion and bare survival in the Prem (his highest finish was 15th).

And a lot of his success at Town has been by galvanising and forging the spirit within a set of not outstanding players, rather than any tactical flair or innovation. McCarthy's Ipswich runs far more on morale and determination than technical brilliance.

I haven't suddenly decided he's a bad manager, but there are some things McCarthy is better at than others.

Without doubt, but "not good enough in the Prem" isn't a yardstick for the Ipswich job. At least until he gets us there, which is Evans' fault.

I'd also dispute "technical" aspects given the sides mentioned absolutely tore teams apart at this level and played brilliant football, so did we at his best here but not as consistently (again down to Evans). This is also reflected in the way he's made that "442/Dino Mick" type nonsense into a joke.

He's also one of the best at this level for his in-game management and steering his teams throughout the 90 mins. It's been his forte for decades and is as crucial as man-management or team talk aspects.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I have a hunch that McCarthy will have more on 06:55 - Jan 22 with 679 viewstextbackup

So what, he doesn’t fit this place.
Didn’t care about him before he came and won’t after he leaves

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024