Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
**END THE MISERY** 12:58 - Jan 21 with 23487 viewsmadmouse1959

P 45 up the A 45.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 17:56]

shampoo dave

Because the vast majority.... on 17:30 - Jan 21 with 7461 viewsBent_double

Because the vast majority.... on 16:28 - Jan 21 by Bloots

....of our players are crap and the owner won't invest enough money to improve the squad.

There's 2 reasons for you.

How can you say 'the majority of our players are crap'???

2 or 3 maybe who are L1 standard, the rest are fine for the Championship.

The problem is surely how they are coached and told to play during games, not that they are crap players, a different manager and different approach is needed, that's all.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

**END THE MISERY** on 17:47 - Jan 21 with 7445 viewsBenters2

Lol that will please the blue tints.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:04 - Jan 21 with 7420 viewssolemio

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:30 - Jan 21 by Crawfordsboot

Agreed. The Cobbolds oversaw one of the most successful periods in the history of the club. They viewed a crisis as “running out of port” in the boardroom.

Gotta keep some perspective,😄
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 14:35]

You have raised the only point in this thread that has not been discussed thousands of times recently.

It was not port; it was white wine.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:10 - Jan 21 with 7412 viewsKeaneish

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:01 - Jan 21 by Binner

I'm suggesting that the supporters, even in large numbers and possibly representing a majority, are not always right.

We should remember that ME is a supporter and, like the rest of us, he wants a year on year improvement in the club's fortunes. Ultimately he is the one to decide whether to offer MM a new contract. In his shoes I would not be hanging about; the offer to MM would be on the table now. Perhaps it is and MM is giving it consideration over the next four months. I don't know and nor do most of the rest of us. I fear that ME will offer the extension (or has already) and that MM will decline it and walk away.

I think that MM deserves at least two more years on his contract. If he leaves we are, imo, far less likely to make the top six in that time and far more likely to be relegated.

People keep bringing up the subject of season ticket sales. How do they suppose ST sales will be affected by relegation?

MICK IN!

Two more years? Jesus. Pass me the gun.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:12 - Jan 21 with 7413 viewsBloomBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:04 - Jan 21 by solemio

You have raised the only point in this thread that has not been discussed thousands of times recently.

The funny thing is when they actually made that comment it really annoyed a lot of Town fans as they felt it showed a lack of support for the footballing side of the club
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:17 - Jan 21 with 7405 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:10 - Jan 21 by Keaneish

Gladly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Get in the queue. (n/t) on 18:34 - Jan 21 with 7376 viewsBloots

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:17 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Gladly.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:37 - Jan 21 with 7375 viewsRyorry

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:04 - Jan 21 by solemio

I'm afraid you're wrong too - it was claret, ie red wine - not white!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

**END THE MISERY** on 18:40 - Jan 21 with 7374 viewsRyorry

**END THE MISERY** on 13:00 - Jan 21 by No9

As I posted elsewhere how many poters on TWTD would put their hand in their pocket to 'rescue" (if that is the general view) ITFC?

How many would you expect to have a few mill available?!

Plenty of people (incl me) have said they'd put a few hundred in towards a collective effort, and some of us are still shareholders.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

**END THE MISERY** on 19:38 - Jan 21 with 7338 viewsrgp1

Its not just the poor quality football for me, its everything about the whole match day experience. You arrive at the ground to be greeted with a loud siren to be told where to go in an emergency (I accept that some announcements have to be made, but why cant they change the voice or tone as its been the same since eternity).

You cant have a smoke at half time, and Christ knows I and many others need one given the level of entertainment. Is it really that hard to barrier off a small section at the exits for people to have a cigarette, most away grounds have been doing this for years.

Then there's the announcements, this is not a personal dig but can they not use someone say maybe alongside Rob Chandler just to mix things up a bit.

And the catering, well what can I say that hasn't already been said, I purchased a sausage roll at half time in the Sheffield United game and I suddenly realised why it had been so long since I had last bought one, burnt and overcooked it must have been left over from the Boxing Day game and £3.00 for the privilege.

Then when you want to leave early a steward stands by the exit stopping people (or so it would appear) from leaving.

I try to apply logic to most things in life but that simply doesn't appear to be the case at ITFC. As many posters have stated, you don't expect to turn up every week a win, but for the money you pay you want to enjoy yourself and be entertained, win lose or draw.

On the logical side of things, the big question is why would you run your business so badly and lose money, well the only logic I can apply is run your business at a loss and you presumably don't pay corporation tax. I am sure that many questions have been asked to the boardroom by Phil and others that usually get met with a politicians answer.

I am sure the misery will end at some point, but probably when we least expect it.
"I just want us to be competitive"...... on 20:05 - Jan 21 with 7320 viewsbluehook

"I just want us to be competitive"...... on 16:51 - Jan 21 by tiptreeblue

okay, sorry, competitive going forward, not competitive matching up to teams to stop them playing

Don’t apologise.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:13 - Jan 21 with 7312 viewsBenters2

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:10 - Jan 21 by Keaneish

*At least 2 more seasons*
**END THE MISERY** on 20:29 - Jan 21 with 7294 viewsSuperfrans

**END THE MISERY** on 19:38 - Jan 21 by rgp1

Its not just the poor quality football for me, its everything about the whole match day experience. You arrive at the ground to be greeted with a loud siren to be told where to go in an emergency (I accept that some announcements have to be made, but why cant they change the voice or tone as its been the same since eternity).

You cant have a smoke at half time, and Christ knows I and many others need one given the level of entertainment. Is it really that hard to barrier off a small section at the exits for people to have a cigarette, most away grounds have been doing this for years.

Then there's the announcements, this is not a personal dig but can they not use someone say maybe alongside Rob Chandler just to mix things up a bit.

And the catering, well what can I say that hasn't already been said, I purchased a sausage roll at half time in the Sheffield United game and I suddenly realised why it had been so long since I had last bought one, burnt and overcooked it must have been left over from the Boxing Day game and £3.00 for the privilege.

Then when you want to leave early a steward stands by the exit stopping people (or so it would appear) from leaving.

I try to apply logic to most things in life but that simply doesn't appear to be the case at ITFC. As many posters have stated, you don't expect to turn up every week a win, but for the money you pay you want to enjoy yourself and be entertained, win lose or draw.

On the logical side of things, the big question is why would you run your business so badly and lose money, well the only logic I can apply is run your business at a loss and you presumably don't pay corporation tax. I am sure that many questions have been asked to the boardroom by Phil and others that usually get met with a politicians answer.

I am sure the misery will end at some point, but probably when we least expect it.

It’s impossible to be 100% sure, but based on attendance at football grounds for around 40 years, including around 50 or so other grounds, including many in the home end, most of your post describes the experience at football grounds, not just at Portman Road.

And I hear this argument about misery so many times. I know we’ve been sat in the same division for so long and that that can feel dull, but suggesting it’s “misery” to not be relegated in 15 years is just daft.

It’s dull, yes, you may not like the manager, or any of our players, but where we are should not be causing you misery.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:39 - Jan 21 with 7288 viewsblueislander

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:37 - Jan 21 by Ryorry

I'm afraid you're wrong too - it was claret, ie red wine - not white!

The quote was white wine, and it not being chilled. Tommy Docherty as Manager of Manure was quoted as saying the only good thing he got from Portman Road was a good lunch.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:48 - Jan 21 with 7277 viewsKeaneish

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:17 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Gladly.

Change is coming Herbivore, as much as it petrifies you its going to happen. Say bye bye to your stagnant comfort bubble it, it'll pop in May and then we can all look forward with a sense of anticipation at what's to come; with optimism or pessimism. Either way, it'll be a breath of fresh air.

Get in the queue. (n/t) on 20:57 - Jan 21 with 7260 viewsKeaneish

Get in the queue. (n/t) on 18:34 - Jan 21 by Bloots

You were in such a hurry to back your mate up you didn't think through the logic. Standard, i guess.

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:07 - Jan 21 with 7241 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:48 - Jan 21 by Keaneish

Change is coming Herbivore, as much as it petrifies you its going to happen. Say bye bye to your stagnant comfort bubble it, it'll pop in May and then we can all look forward with a sense of anticipation at what's to come; with optimism or pessimism. Either way, it'll be a breath of fresh air.

I said Mick should go last summer, I've said he should go this summer. You should try reading what people actually post, you might learn a thing or two.

Logic has little to do with..... on 21:11 - Jan 21 with 7226 viewsBloots

Get in the queue. (n/t) on 20:57 - Jan 21 by Keaneish

You were in such a hurry to back your mate up you didn't think through the logic. Standard, i guess.

....the incoherent ramblings that you and the other "fans" subject everyone to.

#evansout

**END THE MISERY** on 21:35 - Jan 21 with 7208 viewsBigalhunter

I'd hate to think where we'd be if MM really hated us.
I'll put up with him not giving a 'F**K' for now.
Your van sticker says it all really. Do you giggle every time you climb in?
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:50 - Jan 21 with 7188 viewsKeaneish

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:07 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

I said Mick should go last summer, I've said he should go this summer. You should try reading what people actually post, you might learn a thing or two.

That's a load of rubbish. I had a conversation with you after we lost at Fulham last season and you were still backing Mick and his football then. It matters little though. Go and graze on some plants till August and we'll speak again then.

Logic has little to do with..... on 21:55 - Jan 21 with 7175 viewsKeaneish

Logic has little to do with..... on 21:11 - Jan 21 by Bloots

....the incoherent ramblings that you and the other "fans" subject everyone to.

#evansout

Oh, hello, "fans" in speech bubbles. Another one vying for TWTD's best ever supporter. When's the ballot?
I think you'll find my posts relatively considered if you read back despite the fact they differ from your views but there in lies the problem i expect...

They are called speech marks, pal..... on 21:59 - Jan 21 with 7170 viewsBloots

Logic has little to do with..... on 21:55 - Jan 21 by Keaneish

Oh, hello, "fans" in speech bubbles. Another one vying for TWTD's best ever supporter. When's the ballot?
I think you'll find my posts relatively considered if you read back despite the fact they differ from your views but there in lies the problem i expect...

.....and I expect our views are fairly similar.

I'm just not as rabid, over bearing or irrational about them as you are.

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:01 - Jan 21 with 7169 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:50 - Jan 21 by Keaneish

That's a load of rubbish. I had a conversation with you after we lost at Fulham last season and you were still backing Mick and his football then. It matters little though. Go and graze on some plants till August and we'll speak again then.

It's not rubbish at all, it's exactly my position. You will be able to find numerous posts where I said Mick should go in the summer, both last season and this season. But your arrogance is such you don't read what other people post because you don't feel you need to, you once claimed you know more about football than MM which says it all really.

**END THE MISERY** on 22:27 - Jan 21 with 7142 viewsrgp1

**END THE MISERY** on 20:29 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

It’s impossible to be 100% sure, but based on attendance at football grounds for around 40 years, including around 50 or so other grounds, including many in the home end, most of your post describes the experience at football grounds, not just at Portman Road.

And I hear this argument about misery so many times. I know we’ve been sat in the same division for so long and that that can feel dull, but suggesting it’s “misery” to not be relegated in 15 years is just daft.

It’s dull, yes, you may not like the manager, or any of our players, but where we are should not be causing you misery.

Yes i accept your points but what I would say if it was your business what would you do to arrest the slide. I don't buy the you need millions arguments to get out of this division, Blackpool and huddersfield proved that. And again I'm not interested in McCarthy slating the fans as he is played enough not to worry about it. I just want to be entertained and to enjoy the match day experience. If that was happening why are supporters leaving in the thousands?
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:27 - Jan 21 with 7139 viewsKeaneish

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:01 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

It's not rubbish at all, it's exactly my position. You will be able to find numerous posts where I said Mick should go in the summer, both last season and this season. But your arrogance is such you don't read what other people post because you don't feel you need to, you once claimed you know more about football than MM which says it all really.

Claimed I knew more about football than MM!? Haha! Where on earth did you conjure that from? Load of absolute nonsense. Think you're tripping on that one.

I've had loads of chats with you on varying threads and only recently within the last year have you agreed it's time for MM to go. You were happy two seasons ago, not that it's a point scoring contest, we were all bound to get tired of him at some point as he does little to Ingratiate himself with fans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024