Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford: 10 managers in 5 years 14:37 - Jan 21 with 1746 viewsIllinoisblue

bonkers, and yet hasn't stopped them getting up and staying up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watford: 10 managers in 5 years on 15:01 - Jan 21 with 1717 viewsBackToRussia

They have turned it into a deliberate strategy. Can't say I really disagree with it as a premise. If you can keep identifying good coaches then why not. You do wonder if by taking this approach they make it inherently harder to have a coach who is successful for 2+ years. Sort of condemning their managers to initial success but inevitable failure. It's an interesting one anyway.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Watford: 10 managers in 5 years on 15:42 - Jan 21 with 1658 viewsIllinoisblue

Watford: 10 managers in 5 years on 15:01 - Jan 21 by BackToRussia

They have turned it into a deliberate strategy. Can't say I really disagree with it as a premise. If you can keep identifying good coaches then why not. You do wonder if by taking this approach they make it inherently harder to have a coach who is successful for 2+ years. Sort of condemning their managers to initial success but inevitable failure. It's an interesting one anyway.

certainly a million miles away from the tedium and stagnation that envelops Portman Road.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watford: 10 managers in 5 years on 15:55 - Jan 21 with 1639 viewsnoggin

Watford: 10 managers in 5 years on 15:42 - Jan 21 by Illinoisblue

certainly a million miles away from the tedium and stagnation that envelops Portman Road.

As well as much more expensive.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Watford: 10 managers in 5 years on 16:01 - Jan 21 with 1637 viewsTrequartista

Proving the manager stability myth. Six out of seven premier league teams that have sacked their manager this season have improved their points per game, and the other one, Pardew, is catching up quickly.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Watford: 10 managers in 5 years on 16:07 - Jan 21 with 1618 viewsElderGrizzly

Watford: 10 managers in 5 years on 16:01 - Jan 21 by Trequartista

Proving the manager stability myth. Six out of seven premier league teams that have sacked their manager this season have improved their points per game, and the other one, Pardew, is catching up quickly.

Tends to nearly always be a short term boost though.

I’d hate to be like Watford, 2 managers a season and players rotated between the owners different clubs.
Watford: 10 managers in 5 years on 16:21 - Jan 21 with 1592 viewsMullet

Factory-farming clubs across the continent is a far bigger factor. The players they loan in such as Vydra et al. is the key to their status.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024