Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you could bring one player back in their prime 15:41 - Jan 21 with 11127 viewshype313

Who would it be?

I'd go for Warky.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 15:44 - Jan 21 with 5738 viewsIllinoisblue

Warky without a doubt. Imagine that today, a midfielder scoring 36 goals in season. Absolutely talking about a 60m - 75m player.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 15:45 - Jan 21 with 5730 viewshype313

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 15:44 - Jan 21 by Illinoisblue

Warky without a doubt. Imagine that today, a midfielder scoring 36 goals in season. Absolutely talking about a 60m - 75m player.

In his prime he would single handedly drag us into the play offs without question.

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:00 - Jan 21 with 5684 viewsLord_Lucan

Frans Thijssen

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:12 - Jan 21 with 5659 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:00 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Frans Thijssen

I must admit Warky would be hard to beat, but I had it in my mind of either one of the "2 fly dutchmen", but Frans Thijssen had that remarkable way of gluiding past people like they was cardboard cutouts.

we certainly need a midfield player who can make things happen.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:12 - Jan 21 with 5657 viewsMJR101

Kevin Beattie
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:23 - Jan 21 with 5621 viewsgtsb1966

Graham Harbey...closely followed by the great Kevin Beattie.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:27 - Jan 21 with 5605 viewsPJH

It would have to be the greatest of all our greats, The Beat.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:32 - Jan 21 with 5591 viewsSuperfrans

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:00 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Frans Thijssen

Of course Frans. He’d be worth £200m in today’s market. THE player.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:42 - Jan 21 with 5573 viewsFtnfwest

I was going to say Arnold or frans but I think I’ll go for the beat in the hope that the medical side would keep him going much longer than originally. Mind you he’d probably get sent off a few times!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 16:43]
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:42 - Jan 21 with 5568 viewshowdonblue

WOW There’s a question

I’d go for the following

Goalkeeper = Craig Forrest
Central defender = The beat
Midfield = Warky
Striker = Alan Brazil (great finisher )
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:44 - Jan 21 with 5557 viewsgtsb1966

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:42 - Jan 21 by howdonblue

WOW There’s a question

I’d go for the following

Midfield = Warky

Forrest!!!! Each to their own but I find that strange.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:47 - Jan 21 with 5549 viewsimsureazzure

What we could desperately do with is Burley and Mills as fullbacks.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:49 - Jan 21 with 5541 viewsJ2BLUE

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 15:44 - Jan 21 by Illinoisblue

Add a 1 in front of your numbers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:55 - Jan 21 with 5530 viewshowdonblue

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:44 - Jan 21 by gtsb1966

Forrest!!!! Each to their own but I find that strange.

Remember one night match vs Liverpool

Save from Molby free kick was one of the best saves I have ever seen from a town keeper ever .

Don’t get me wrong I loved Paul cooper but he was a small keeper 5ft 10 ish just a bit to small for the modern game
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:03 - Jan 21 with 5499 views3_5_2

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:55 - Jan 21 by howdonblue

Save from Molby free kick was one of the best saves I have ever seen from a town keeper ever .

Don’t get me wrong I loved Paul cooper but he was a small keeper 5ft 10 ish just a bit to small for the modern game

Why are the goals bigger now ?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:06 - Jan 21 with 5494 viewshowdonblue

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:03 - Jan 21 by 3_5_2

Why are the goals bigger now ?

No not at all but top top keepers nowadays are 6ft plus
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:07 - Jan 21 with 5486 viewshowdonblue

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:06 - Jan 21 by howdonblue

No not at all but top top keepers nowadays are 6ft plus

I never meant to disrespect Paul cooper as he was class
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:07 - Jan 21 with 5485 viewsLord_Lucan

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:55 - Jan 21 by howdonblue

Sereni, Fulop, Davis and Alexander were all better keepers IMO

Imagine Muhren in a McCarthy side, he wouldn't touch the ball.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:09 - Jan 21 with 5476 viewshype313

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 16:42 - Jan 21 by howdonblue

WOW There’s a question

I’d go for the following

Midfield = Warky

Don't want to be a pedant but I did say one, I'm talking about someone who would be a gamechanger in our current side, can't see past Warky.

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:10 - Jan 21 with 5469 viewshowdonblue

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:09 - Jan 21 by hype313

Don't want to be a pedant but I did say one, I'm talking about someone who would be a gamechanger in our current side, can't see past Warky.

Fair enough I’ll go Warky as well
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:15 - Jan 21 with 5453 viewsswede

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:09 - Jan 21 by hype313

Has to be Kevin Beattie for me just for the sheer anticipation and excitement every time he went up for a corner or took a free kick outside the box. However, defensively the game has changed so much that I wonder how long he would stay on the pitch in today's powder puff, no contact game.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:23 - Jan 21 with 5433 viewsfabian_illness

Marcus Stewart. Cracking player.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:26 - Jan 21 with 5416 viewshowdonblue

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:15 - Jan 21 by swede

Has to be Kevin Beattie for me just for the sheer anticipation and excitement every time he went up for a corner or took a free kick outside the box. However, defensively the game has changed so much that I wonder how long he would stay on the pitch in today's powder puff, no contact game.

Yes indeed in those days physical contact was allowed.

Great player the beat was .

I remember seeing him when he retired and he played for harwich in the local league and still headed the ball from the 18 yard line and the ball still was motorng as it went over the bar .

He had one hell of a powerful header
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 17:27]
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:31 - Jan 21 with 5394 viewslegoman85

Guentchev just for the chant
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:35 - Jan 21 with 5371 viewsgtsb1966

Reminds me of one of the best games a keeper has played for us and he only ever played one game in a Town shirt. Take a bow John Jackson.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024