Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you could bring one player back in their prime 15:41 - Jan 21 with 11125 viewshype313

Who would it be?

I'd go for Warky.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:37 - Jan 21 with 3650 viewsfactual_blue

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:07 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Sereni, Fulop, Davis and Alexander were all better keepers IMO

Imagine Muhren in a McCarthy side, he wouldn't touch the ball.

That was how Muhren felt in his first appearances for Town: he was getting neck strain from watching the ball sail over his head.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:37 - Jan 21 with 3654 viewshoppy

Muhren is my favourite ever player for us, but in this instance, I’d go for Warky too (just pipping Tabby of course), for what he would add to our current team - box to box, goals from midfield... oh how we could do with that now. Even a Tommy Miller if Warky wasn’t available.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:41 - Jan 21 with 3645 viewsLord_Lucan

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:37 - Jan 21 by factual_blue

That was how Muhren felt in his first appearances for Town: he was getting neck strain from watching the ball sail over his head.

Yes, I remember it well. It really was a new start.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:42 - Jan 21 with 3642 viewsBluetone

Ted Phillips.

Blog: My Life and Times as an Ipswich Supporter

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:44 - Jan 21 with 3641 viewsMattinLondon

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:26 - Jan 21 by howdonblue

Yes indeed in those days physical contact was allowed.

Great player the beat was .

I remember seeing him when he retired and he played for harwich in the local league and still headed the ball from the 18 yard line and the ball still was motorng as it went over the bar .

He had one hell of a powerful header
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 17:27]

Dare I say that in today’s game he would also be protected from the more savage tackling of the 1970s which meant he wouldn’t have retired in his late twenties
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:44 - Jan 21 with 3641 viewshowdonblue

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:35 - Jan 21 by gtsb1966

Reminds me of one of the best games a keeper has played for us and he only ever played one game in a Town shirt. Take a bow John Jackson.

What game was it ?
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:46 - Jan 21 with 3636 viewsnoggin

Terry Butcher as captain.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:47 - Jan 21 with 3633 viewsGuthrum

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:37 - Jan 21 by hoppy

Muhren is my favourite ever player for us, but in this instance, I’d go for Warky too (just pipping Tabby of course), for what he would add to our current team - box to box, goals from midfield... oh how we could do with that now. Even a Tommy Miller if Warky wasn’t available.

Yes, Mariner is my favourite, but would also go for Wark, or maybe Beattie.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:57 - Jan 21 with 3623 viewsBloomBlue

Ray Crawford
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:59 - Jan 21 with 3622 viewsLord_Lucan

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:44 - Jan 21 by howdonblue

What game was it ?

A Man U win, he was triffic.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 18:02 - Jan 21 with 3610 viewsGlasgowBlue

Arnold Johannes Hyacinthus Mühren

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 18:04 - Jan 21 with 3603 viewsGlasgowBlue

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:07 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Sereni, Fulop, Davis and Alexander were all better keepers IMO

Imagine Muhren in a McCarthy side, he wouldn't touch the ball.

He didn't touch the ball in his first few games here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 18:05 - Jan 21 with 3605 viewsgtsb1966

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:59 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

A Man U win, he was triffic.

Was hell of a strike to beat Jackson by John Gidman I recall. 2-1 win under the lights. TWTD.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 18:08 - Jan 21 with 3596 viewsLord_Lucan

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 18:05 - Jan 21 by gtsb1966

Was hell of a strike to beat Jackson by John Gidman I recall. 2-1 win under the lights. TWTD.

The only thing I can remember about that game is having complete confidence in him and him getting applauded off.

I remember nothing much of the game - the memory is fading.

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 18:55 - Jan 21 with 3552 viewsPJH

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 18:08 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

The only thing I can remember about that game is having complete confidence in him and him getting applauded off.

and he was 39 at the time and nearer his 40th birthday than his 39th.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 19:09 - Jan 21 with 3536 viewsjas0999

Completely agree. Wark.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 19:34 - Jan 21 with 3515 viewsleitrimblue

Arnold Muhren closely followed by Frans
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 19:34 - Jan 21 with 3515 viewsgerard1947

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 18:55 - Jan 21 by PJH

and he was 39 at the time and nearer his 40th birthday than his 39th.

Jackson played for lots of clubs I seem to remember.

Best player in his prime, its too close to call between Wark and Frans for me.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 19:57 - Jan 21 with 3503 viewsgtsb1966

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 19:34 - Jan 21 by gerard1947

Jackson played for lots of clubs I seem to remember.

Best player in his prime, its too close to call between Wark and Frans for me.

He only played for seven clubs. I reckon you might be getting him mixed up with John Burridge who played for 31 clubs!!!!
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 21:12 - Jan 21 with 3468 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:23 - Jan 21 by fabian_illness

Marcus Stewart. Cracking player.

He went through my mind to. But I went for midfield as we so need a midfield player to feed our strikers... still sticking with young Frans.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 21:14 - Jan 21 with 3466 viewsbontcho

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 17:31 - Jan 21 by legoman85

Guentchev just for the chant

I love my fans.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 21:33 - Jan 21 with 3450 viewstheswitch

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 21:14 - Jan 21 by bontcho

I love my fans.

Can't help but feel that Matt Holland would make a huge difference to Town, the game hasn't changed that much since he played.
If you could bring one player back in their prime on 21:46 - Jan 21 with 3439 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dos Santos.

Never saw Warky in his prime but he would be the one to make the most difference probably. Surely more like £150-200M in his prime in the current market.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 22:11 - Jan 21 with 3423 viewsgainsboroughblue

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 18:08 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Warky scored with an overhead.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 22:17 - Jan 21 with 3416 viewsPJH

If you could bring one player back in their prime on 22:11 - Jan 21 by gainsboroughblue

Warky scored with an overhead.

I remember Warky scoring with an overhead kick against them but not sure that it was that game.
You could well be right or maybe he twice scored against them with overhead kicks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024