Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon 10:35 - Jan 22 with 19279 viewsArcher4721

I mean who would want to manage a club and be judged by fans who continually live in the shadows of past achievements 40-50 years ago. Even the the owner is berated for putting in 6 million a year just to keep the club afloat in this league,whilst his predecessor is looked as a saint for continually taking out rather than putting anything in.

Sad,sad times indeed.
Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:36 - Jan 22 with 9095 viewshomer_123

We have a decent manager though.

Surely, if we are looking for a change, you'd want better?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:40 - Jan 22 with 9080 viewsArcher4721

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:36 - Jan 22 by homer_123

We do have a decent manager you're right.

All we need is now is decent fans
Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:52 - Jan 22 with 9053 viewsNo9

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:36 - Jan 22 by homer_123

I have issues with your first sentence
Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:54 - Jan 22 with 9043 viewsartsbossbeard

I played the Hovis bread advert music when I read FinidiCentary's post.

It seemed quite apt.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:56 - Jan 22 with 9035 viewsBinner

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:52 - Jan 22 by No9

You could get therapy...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:56 - Jan 22 with 9029 viewsFixed_It

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:54 - Jan 22 by artsbossbeard

I played the Hovis bread advert music when I read FinidiCentary's post.

It seemed quite apt.

Fibber!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:58 - Jan 22 with 9021 viewsartsbossbeard

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:56 - Jan 22 by Fixed_It

Fibber!

Poetic licence.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:03 - Jan 22 with 8999 viewshype313

Any manager that likes the opportunity to have time in a job would welcome the opportunity.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:05 - Jan 22 with 8987 viewsHerbivore

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:52 - Jan 22 by No9

You should have ended that post after the word 'issues'.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:08 - Jan 22 with 8977 viewsNo9

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:05 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

You should have ended that post after the word 'issues'.

Why?
Are you the thought police?
Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:19 - Jan 22 with 8949 viewsBrianTablet

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:25 - Jan 22 with 8924 viewsFrimleyBlue

"whilst his predecessor is looked as a saint for continually taking out rather than putting anything in. "

But gave us 4 top 6 finishes, a top 5 spot in the prem and european tour

Under Evans, we got the likes of Douglas, Bowyer, Chopra

i'd take sheepy back in a heartbeat over the pathetic 'ownership' of the current regime.

Won't attract new young fans, getting rid of the old loyal fans.

Another 5 years, we'll be moving to foxhall into an 18k seater stadium.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:30 - Jan 22 with 8905 viewsArnieM

Who says Town fans live in the past ? Its common knowledge we have a decent history , that's true . but do fans REALLY go to PR each week EXPECTING to see that brand of football now ? No, I don't think we do. All fans are asking is to be entertained. Is that really such a big ask ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:32 - Jan 22 with 8884 viewsFtnfwest

well there's always the same reason that micks doing it
Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:36 - Jan 22 with 8869 viewsRyorry

Let's hope "any decent Manager" doesn't read this forum then.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:36 - Jan 22 with 8868 viewschicoazul

Any Manager who would worry about those things would not be in any way the right kind of Manager for this job or many other football jobs so your proposition is inherently flawed because they wouldnt be a "decent" manager anyway.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:46 - Jan 22 with 8832 viewsbluebare

All fans judge the management of any club. Any manager should or would believe that they are the 1 to drag us forward and into the promised land of the premiership. When all fit we have a decent squad that can compete they just need to be lead and managed to make them into a team not a bunch of individuals.
Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:46 - Jan 22 with 8833 viewsWestSussexBlue

This is a proper football club with a proud history, loyal fans and a terrific academy of youngsters.
If I was a football manager at a smaller club looking to progress I’d be honoured and excited by this challenge.
Where we’re falling behind is a manager who’s not progressive and an owner who’s now investing the minimum amount he wants.
A manager is needed who’s strengths lie building from scratch with youngsters and a sprinkling of experience who’s prepared to play decent brave football.
Not dissimilar to what GB did.
Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:49 - Jan 22 with 8812 viewsSarge

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 10:40 - Jan 22 by Archer4721

We do have a decent manager you're right.

All we need is now is decent fans

Yep it’s the fans fault. It’s always the fans fault. The only people involved in football for no financial gain whatsoever.

You’re Labour’s answer to Truce.
Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:54 - Jan 22 with 8793 viewsartsbossbeard

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:49 - Jan 22 by Sarge

Yep it’s the fans fault. It’s always the fans fault. The only people involved in football for no financial gain whatsoever.

You’re Labour’s answer to Truce.

Half empty MV Arena, fans always looking for some negative take on anything the club does, the booing at full time, the booing on substitutions that don't go their way, the inability to see Connolly as the star loanee this term, match reports that are almost WWII propaganda leaflets in their bias.

I think there's a point to be made against the fans to be honest.

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 12:04 - Jan 22 with 8760 viewsBrianTablet

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:54 - Jan 22 by artsbossbeard

Half empty MV Arena, fans always looking for some negative take on anything the club does, the booing at full time, the booing on substitutions that don't go their way, the inability to see Connolly as the star loanee this term, match reports that are almost WWII propaganda leaflets in their bias.

I think there's a point to be made against the fans to be honest.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 12:16 - Jan 22 with 8716 viewsmonty_radio

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 11:36 - Jan 22 by chicoazul

Any Manager who would worry about those things would not be in any way the right kind of Manager for this job or many other football jobs so your proposition is inherently flawed because they wouldnt be a "decent" manager anyway.

Ipswo Facto

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 12:19 - Jan 22 with 8706 viewsSuperfrans

One thing in our favour is our owner - he gives his managers a decent amount of time (a rare commodity in today's game) and pays them well (especially for the Championship).

My biggest worry is how we find a manager who will unite all of our fans, and our owner. Steve Mclaren is available and looking for work, has great credentials and is just the kind of manager Evans might go for, but I know that a hefty section of our fans will hate him.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 12:30 - Jan 22 with 8676 viewsPhilTWTD

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 12:19 - Jan 22 by Superfrans

One thing in our favour is our owner - he gives his managers a decent amount of time (a rare commodity in today's game) and pays them well (especially for the Championship).

My biggest worry is how we find a manager who will unite all of our fans, and our owner. Steve Mclaren is available and looking for work, has great credentials and is just the kind of manager Evans might go for, but I know that a hefty section of our fans will hate him.

I think your latter point is a very valid one. It's difficult to think of any experienced manager who might be appointed who would be welcomed by a significant section of the support.

For example, I think Simon Grayson would be a decent appointment given his success at clubs of a similar size with tight budgets and having been unfortunate that the bigger jobs he has been given have been at basket case clubs. But I know there'd be a lot of fans who wouldn't be impressed at all if he got the job.
Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 12:35 - Jan 22 with 8618 viewsKieran_Knows

Can't see ITFC attracting any decent Manager anytime soon on 12:30 - Jan 22 by PhilTWTD

I think your latter point is a very valid one. It's difficult to think of any experienced manager who might be appointed who would be welcomed by a significant section of the support.

For example, I think Simon Grayson would be a decent appointment given his success at clubs of a similar size with tight budgets and having been unfortunate that the bigger jobs he has been given have been at basket case clubs. But I know there'd be a lot of fans who wouldn't be impressed at all if he got the job.

Favourite for the job at MK Dons at the minute, is Grayson.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024