Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary 07:43 - Jan 23 with 30123 viewsGlasgowBlue

Will support him in his bid to get savings from the EU contributions to be spent on the NHS once we leave?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-demands-5bn-extra-for-nhs-hsg0c
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 7:43]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:01 - Jan 23 with 6455 viewsBluefish

What about the other 250 million per week?

We will probably need that money elsewhere to prop us up when we cut ourselves off and become a small island with massive debt

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:10 - Jan 23 with 6443 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:01 - Jan 23 by Bluefish

What about the other 250 million per week?

We will probably need that money elsewhere to prop us up when we cut ourselves off and become a small island with massive debt

Firstly, as we have established, the amount on the bus was the gross contribution.

Secondly, as we have established, there was no commitment to spend all of the savings on the NHS.

Thirdly, this is just spending on the NHS in England. Would be a tad unfair on the Taffs, the Jocks and the Micks if we spent the whole lot in England.

Do you object to the savings being spent on the NHS?

Iron Lion Zion

on 08:12 - Jan 23 with 6433 views_

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:10 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Firstly, as we have established, the amount on the bus was the gross contribution.

Secondly, as we have established, there was no commitment to spend all of the savings on the NHS.

Thirdly, this is just spending on the NHS in England. Would be a tad unfair on the Taffs, the Jocks and the Micks if we spent the whole lot in England.

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:17 - Jan 23 with 6422 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

on 08:12 - Jan 23 by _

He doesn't, he has a man ! (def info)
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 8:18]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:22 - Jan 23 with 6410 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 08:12 - Jan 23 by _

I have four children. I woke up over two hours ago. I’ve already taken one of the twins to her appear round because she can’t cycle in this weather. People who wake up at this time of the day are bone idle.

Besides, don’t you wake up up feeling positive about the future of your country and the people who live in it? Don’t you wake up to good news and want to share that good news with your fellow man (and woman)?

Will you be happy if an extra £5billion a year is spent on the NHS in England when we leave the EU?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 8:23]

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:24 - Jan 23 with 6404 viewsNo9

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:10 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

"Taffs, the Jocks and the Micks"
A tad racist eh?
on 08:25 - Jan 23 with 6390 views_

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:22 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

I have four children. I woke up over two hours ago. I’ve already taken one of the twins to her appear round because she can’t cycle in this weather. People who wake up at this time of the day are bone idle.

Besides, don’t you wake up up feeling positive about the future of your country and the people who live in it? Don’t you wake up to good news and want to share that good news with your fellow man (and woman)?

Will you be happy if an extra £5billion a year is spent on the NHS in England when we leave the EU?

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:26 - Jan 23 with 6384 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:24 - Jan 23 by No9

"Taffs, the Jocks and the Micks"
A tad racist eh?

Really? If you believe that to be racist I suggest you inform Phil and he’ll remove it.

But I do believe that I have seen the term “jocks” used to describe people who live in my part of the world by a great many people on this board.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:27 - Jan 23 with 6374 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

on 08:25 - Jan 23 by _

Poppers ! (def info part 2)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:27 - Jan 23 with 6376 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 08:25 - Jan 23 by _

I don’t believe in God.

I take it that you are happy that the NHS will receive more funding when we leave the EU but are left speechless by your joy?

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:27 - Jan 23 with 6376 viewsDanTheMan

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:28 - Jan 23 with 6370 viewsm14_blue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:22 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

"Will you be happy if an extra £5billion a year is spent on the NHS in England when we leave the EU?"

Do you genuinely, in your heart of hearts, believe that will happen under this government? (Or any government really).
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:29 - Jan 23 with 6367 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:27 - Jan 23 by DanTheMan

We still haven’t had anyone say they are happy that the NHS will be receiving more funding, I guess it’s not as popular as some lead us to belief.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:29 - Jan 23 with 6336 viewsBackToRussia

This is of course because it was Labour's idea to inject £5bn in immediately, and all the Tories are starting to worry that it looks a bit bad that the NHS is falling apart "because it's winter" and are now trying to claim the idea.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:30 - Jan 23 with 6361 viewsDanTheMan

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:29 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

We still haven’t had anyone say they are happy that the NHS will be receiving more funding, I guess it’s not as popular as some lead us to belief.

TWTD is definitely the place to discuss praising Boris Johnson.

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:30 - Jan 23 with 6360 viewsNo9

Why do we have to wait to leave the EU when the urgent need is to adequately fund the NHS NOW?
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:31 - Jan 23 with 6354 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:28 - Jan 23 by m14_blue

"Will you be happy if an extra £5billion a year is spent on the NHS in England when we leave the EU?"

Do you genuinely, in your heart of hearts, believe that will happen under this government? (Or any government really).

So I believe that Boris will get this through! No. I think Hammond will try to block it as he wants to remain and will see this as something that will put Brexit in a positive light. Hunt seems keen on an NHS to, which a few in here have floated so he may try to block it.

But if Boris wins the argument it will be good yes.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:32 - Jan 23 with 6345 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:30 - Jan 23 by DanTheMan

TWTD is definitely the place to discuss praising Boris Johnson.

I haven’t asked anybody to praise the bloke . I’ve asked if they will support his bid to get the extra spending out into the NHS.

I’ll put you down as a no then.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 8:35]

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:34 - Jan 23 with 6333 viewsDanTheMan

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:32 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

I haven’t asked anybody to praise the bloke . I’ve asked if they will support his bid to get the extra spending out into the NHS.

I’ll put you down as a no then.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 8:35]

Would anything actually change if you put me down as a yes? I have a feeling the Government don't read this board for ideas.

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:34 - Jan 23 with 6332 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:30 - Jan 23 by No9

Why do we have to wait to leave the EU when the urgent need is to adequately fund the NHS NOW?

Didn’t the NHS get an extra £2.8 billion in the budget just two months ago? We have to wait for the EU savings to be spent on the NHS because we are still paying it as a member.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:35 - Jan 23 with 6320 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:34 - Jan 23 by DanTheMan

Would anything actually change if you put me down as a yes? I have a feeling the Government don't read this board for ideas.

Best we all go home now then or only discuss football in the hope Mick or Marcus reads the board.

Although in fairness I’m not sure Farage, Obama or Trump read this board either.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/383111/so-farage-complained-about-obama-speaking-about-brexit.../#0
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 8:38]

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:37 - Jan 23 with 6308 viewsDanTheMan

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:35 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Best we all go home now then or only discuss football in the hope Mick or Marcus reads the board.

Although in fairness I’m not sure Farage, Obama or Trump read this board either.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/383111/so-farage-complained-about-obama-speaking-about-brexit.../#0
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 8:38]

Probably.

Btw if I honestly thought you were interested in a discussion on this I'd have responded accordingly but it seems like this is another old fashioned "score political e-points" thread.

EDIT: Oh noes you got me, how will I ever recover.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 8:40]

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:38 - Jan 23 with 6299 viewsgiant_stow

Is this instead of the channel bridge or on top of?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:43 - Jan 23 with 6282 viewsimsureazzure

It does not matter, the money would be in the main wasted, probably on another IT system.
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:46 - Jan 23 with 6266 viewsNo9

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:34 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Didn’t the NHS get an extra £2.8 billion in the budget just two months ago? We have to wait for the EU savings to be spent on the NHS because we are still paying it as a member.

So, your, or Boris, or Guido's dictat is simple - we can only have money for the NHS IF we leave the EU.
That is a pre -condition is it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024