Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary 07:43 - Jan 23 with 30117 viewsGlasgowBlue

Will support him in his bid to get savings from the EU contributions to be spent on the NHS once we leave?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-demands-5bn-extra-for-nhs-hsg0c
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 7:43]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:46 - Jan 23 with 3560 viewsStokieBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:29 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

We still haven’t had anyone say they are happy that the NHS will be receiving more funding, I guess it’s not as popular as some lead us to belief.

Don't we need to spend this money on the channel bridge first to ensure easier access to the EU?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:55 - Jan 23 with 3539 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:37 - Jan 23 by DanTheMan

Probably.

Btw if I honestly thought you were interested in a discussion on this I'd have responded accordingly but it seems like this is another old fashioned "score political e-points" thread.

EDIT: Oh noes you got me, how will I ever recover.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 8:40]

Well if you read the thread I posed the question. Quite a few in here have been meaning that we were deceived into leaving the EU and that they NHS would never see any of the EU savings. A member if the cabinet is attempting to get the Prime Minister to commit. That’s good isn’t it?

The first reply was from Truce who I though I replied to in a reasonable manner. The second and third were from Libby and BanksterDebtSlave. One saying they can’t believe I wake up in this idea and another saying I have a man it do it. The forth was from number nine accusing me of racism. The fifth from Libby bringing our Lord Jesus Christ into the thread. The sixth was from banksy sugesting I take poppers. And the seventh was a meme from you after I posted facts. But if course it’s all my fault.

BTW did the Labour Party ever get back to ou about their letter you found funny and posted on here? Or don’t they read the board either?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 9:03]

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:57 - Jan 23 with 3534 viewsNo9

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:55 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Well if you read the thread I posed the question. Quite a few in here have been meaning that we were deceived into leaving the EU and that they NHS would never see any of the EU savings. A member if the cabinet is attempting to get the Prime Minister to commit. That’s good isn’t it?

The first reply was from Truce who I though I replied to in a reasonable manner. The second and third were from Libby and BanksterDebtSlave. One saying they can’t believe I wake up in this idea and another saying I have a man it do it. The forth was from number nine accusing me of racism. The fifth from Libby bringing our Lord Jesus Christ into the thread. The sixth was from banksy sugesting I take poppers. And the seventh was a meme from you after I posted facts. But if course it’s all my fault.

BTW did the Labour Party ever get back to ou about their letter you found funny and posted on here? Or don’t they read the board either?

" The forth was from number nine accusing me of racism"

INCORRECT - again, I was posing a question if you bother to read.
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:59 - Jan 23 with 3526 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:46 - Jan 23 by No9

So, your, or Boris, or Guido's dictat is simple - we can only have money for the NHS IF we leave the EU.
That is a pre -condition is it?

Well done for ignoring the extra funding from two months ago. On top of the current £8billion a year funding, which you may believe is inadequate but that is another argument. So it’s hardly only having money for the NHS when we leave the EU.

We will be in receipt of savings from the EU budget when we leave, somebody has suggested that we use those savings to increase the NHS budget by some £5 billion a year.

It’s not that hard to grasp. Even for you.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:02 - Jan 23 with 3519 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:46 - Jan 23 by StokieBlue

Don't we need to spend this money on the channel bridge first to ensure easier access to the EU?

SB

Can’t we do a PFI project similar to the Dartford crossing for the Chanel bridge? And is it specifically a Bridge or could we have another tunnel? Do you agree that just one link to the continent is insufficient!

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:03 - Jan 23 with 3513 viewsgiant_stow

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:55 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Nice summary of replies but did anyone cover hypocrisy yet?

"Thirdly, this is just spending on the NHS in England. Would be a tad unfair on the Taffs, the Jocks and the Micks if we spent the whole lot in England. "

You had no problems with the DUP sweetener deal just for NI.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:04 - Jan 23 with 3511 viewshype313

More money thrown at the NHS isn't the panacea people think it will be. It has had the most amount spent on it in it's history in the past 5 years, and it's common knowledge it's not about the quantity of funds, it's how it is spent.

Either way, time for a cross party consensus on the NHS to take it out of the political football pitch.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:04 - Jan 23 with 3510 viewsStokieBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:03 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

"Thirdly, this is just spending on the NHS in England. Would be a tad unfair on the Taffs, the Jocks and the Micks if we spent the whole lot in England. "

Actually, to give GB his due he had a rather large issue with the DUP sweetener and I believe left the party over it?

SB

Login to get fewer ads

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:05 - Jan 23 with 3508 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:03 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

I think you will find that I left the Tory party over the deal with the DUP and said I would never vote Tory again so long as May is the leader because of that deal.

But don’t let facts get in the way.

Can we at least get some half hearted suppor pt for the foreign Secretary’s bid to get more funding for the NHS?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 9:06]

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:05 - Jan 23 with 3507 viewsNo9

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:59 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Well done for ignoring the extra funding from two months ago. On top of the current £8billion a year funding, which you may believe is inadequate but that is another argument. So it’s hardly only having money for the NHS when we leave the EU.

We will be in receipt of savings from the EU budget when we leave, somebody has suggested that we use those savings to increase the NHS budget by some £5 billion a year.

It’s not that hard to grasp. Even for you.

The additional funding ? hasn't been ignored It is juct considered in adequate on the basis of what is needed.

The only case you are making is that we can ONLY have extra funding for the NHS if we & when we leave the EU.
In most people language that would be considered a threat.

Now the military are complaining they don't have enough cash - ?

Look very closely at the common demoninator here = Contracting out
The Justice department has conceded this has increased costs b y X10 since 2010.

Do you see the pattern? Have you looked at how Government procurement has increased since it was handed over to the commercial sector?
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:06 - Jan 23 with 3502 viewsgiant_stow

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:04 - Jan 23 by StokieBlue

Actually, to give GB his due he had a rather large issue with the DUP sweetener and I believe left the party over it?

SB

Yes, but still defended the principle of it being ok to spend money on just NI.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:07 - Jan 23 with 3497 viewsStokieBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:06 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

Ah OK - fair enough.

SB

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:07 - Jan 23 with 3498 viewsgiant_stow

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:05 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

I think you will find that I left the Tory party over the deal with the DUP and said I would never vote Tory again so long as May is the leader because of that deal.

But don’t let facts get in the way.

Can we at least get some half hearted suppor pt for the foreign Secretary’s bid to get more funding for the NHS?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 9:06]

As I just said, I remember several debates where you argued that it was fine to spend money on NI, how it would benefit the whole of that area, not just the Unionists, how it was *just* £1b spread over x many years....

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:08 - Jan 23 with 3493 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:06 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

No I didn’t. I said that in the context of a £750billion a year budget, £1 billion over five years was small potatoes. I never defended the deal at all.

And I said at the time to you that the trouble with TWTD was that if you tried to explain something in a factual context people automatically accuse you of supporting it.

Perhaps by saying that again it may sink in. I don’t support the DUP deal. I don’t think £1billion over five years from a budget of £750 billion is a particularly big deal
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 9:10]

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:09 - Jan 23 with 3494 viewsm14_blue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:31 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

So I believe that Boris will get this through! No. I think Hammond will try to block it as he wants to remain and will see this as something that will put Brexit in a positive light. Hunt seems keen on an NHS to, which a few in here have floated so he may try to block it.

But if Boris wins the argument it will be good yes.

Ah, so if the brexiteers promises turn out to be worthless it will be because of a remain conspiracy....gotcha.

To answer the question, yes I will be delighted if Boris delivers on this.

I'll also be delighted if Ipswich win the champions league in 2019/20.
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:11 - Jan 23 with 3486 viewsBlueBadger

Pfffft, like free-market loon Boris actually gives a sh1t about this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:12 - Jan 23 with 3484 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:07 - Jan 23 by StokieBlue

Ah OK - fair enough.

SB

It would be fair enough if true. But our budgie friend is being rather economical with the truth.

I’ve seen you put the DUP deal in the context of our annual budget. That doesn’t mean you support it.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:12 - Jan 23 with 3477 viewsBluefish

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:10 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Firstly, as we have established, the amount on the bus was the gross contribution.

Secondly, as we have established, there was no commitment to spend all of the savings on the NHS.

Thirdly, this is just spending on the NHS in England. Would be a tad unfair on the Taffs, the Jocks and the Micks if we spent the whole lot in England.

Do you object to the savings being spent on the NHS?

Well..... as we are going to be worse off I am waiting for you to explain where this money being taken from. It will be needed to plug lots of deficit gaps when we leave.

The NHS is also not sustainable in its current form so it would be just papering over enormous cracks. It needs enormous reform but it protected by sentimentality
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 9:16]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:12 - Jan 23 with 3478 viewsStokieBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:11 - Jan 23 by BlueBadger

You think the free market is loony?

SB

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:12 - Jan 23 with 3477 viewsBasuco

The government need to reverse the constant cuts in funds allocated for patient care, that would instantly raise the quality of the NHS without any extra public money.
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:12 - Jan 23 with 3480 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:11 - Jan 23 by BlueBadger

Whether he does or doesn’t, and only wants to give it to the NHS to get himself off the hook, do you still welcome it if it happens?

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:13 - Jan 23 with 3474 viewsgiant_stow

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:08 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

No I didn’t. I said that in the context of a £750billion a year budget, £1 billion over five years was small potatoes. I never defended the deal at all.

And I said at the time to you that the trouble with TWTD was that if you tried to explain something in a factual context people automatically accuse you of supporting it.

Perhaps by saying that again it may sink in. I don’t support the DUP deal. I don’t think £1billion over five years from a budget of £750 billion is a particularly big deal
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 9:10]

I think we've got there - we can all be hypocritical at times mr, so no worries.

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:13 - Jan 23 with 3475 viewsBlueBadger

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:04 - Jan 23 by hype313

More money thrown at the NHS isn't the panacea people think it will be. It has had the most amount spent on it in it's history in the past 5 years, and it's common knowledge it's not about the quantity of funds, it's how it is spent.

Either way, time for a cross party consensus on the NHS to take it out of the political football pitch.

No, but a few quid to be able to actually pay for some staff and some beds would be bloody handy. The singly biggest 'efficiency' there is to be made is the scrapping of the internal market. It's an entire tier of managers, consultants, accountants and lawyers that exist solely to waste money on administering the commissioning process.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:14 - Jan 23 with 3474 viewsBasuco

It looks more like a cheap publicity stunt to launch his bid for prime minister to me.
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:15 - Jan 23 with 3470 viewsBlueBadger

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 09:12 - Jan 23 by StokieBlue

You think the free market is loony?

SB

No, I'm suggesting that Boris is the sort of 'everything should be privatised' loon who despises the nature of any kind of publicly owned service, regardless of its nature.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024