Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone here going to sign up for the new Democrats and Veterans Party? 11:43 - Jan 23 with 2437 viewsGeoffSentence

Due to be launched early next month.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone here going to sign up for the new Democrats and Veterans Party? on 11:55 - Jan 23 with 2409 viewsJ2BLUE

No.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone here going to sign up for the new Democrats and Veterans Party? on 11:58 - Jan 23 with 2403 viewshampstead_blue

No.

I think it's rather pointless unless it's a single issue party focusing on increasing funding and support for the Armed Forces and veterans.

I think I've seen some bits that they will be wider in their focus which is a shame.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Anyone here going to sign up for the new Democrats and Veterans Party? on 12:29 - Jan 23 with 2367 viewsClapham_Junction

They seem to use variations of the phrase "will of the people" rather a lot, which raises some immediate red flags.

The reference to 'corrupted courts' undermining freedom of speech is also worrying.
Anyone here going to sign up for the new Democrats and Veterans Party? on 14:59 - Jan 23 with 2280 viewsfactual_blue

I suspect most of those interested in it will be neither.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone here going to sign up for the new Democrats and Veterans Party? on 15:34 - Jan 23 with 2242 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone here going to sign up for the new Democrats and Veterans Party? on 11:58 - Jan 23 by hampstead_blue

No.

I think it's rather pointless unless it's a single issue party focusing on increasing funding and support for the Armed Forces and veterans.

I think I've seen some bits that they will be wider in their focus which is a shame.

It does seem rather an odd mix, they say that they are a centre ground party dedicated to repairing Britain's public services - oh and look after armed forces veterans as well.

Both of which are laudible aims, but it does seem rather peculiar combination. My guess is that their main aim is on better support for armed forces and veterans but don't think that would work to well as a single issue for a political party to focus on.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone here going to sign up for the new Democrats and Veterans Party? on 15:47 - Jan 23 with 2232 viewshampstead_blue

Just thought about this again and.....

The OP asks the question one way....however, if I write in the way an injured veteran (which I am) would write it...

"Would you like the country run by a bunch of old squaddies who think everything is shyt, nothing works, they have more chips on shoulder than a chip shop.

They knock-off early on friday as it's POETS day, and weds afternoons are eother spent in the gym or the pub.

The look smart, unless they are Navy or the Light blue civvies, but aren't really.

Most will be found outside of the House by the river having a fag and chucking it in the Thames.

The subsidised bar will get hammered and stories of "can you remember when beer was 3 flegs a bottle (A BAOR joke)".

NI, don't talk to me about NI.

If you are off work sick, you are 'on the biff' and get stuff thrown at you for not stagging-on.

Those with a minutes more seniority than you are ramming it down your throat for ever.

I can go on.

I personally would not let a bunch of twisted old squaddies run a mile, leave alone UK Plc.

Up to you...

Oh, this is firmly tongue in cheek. We (the Army) wouldn't let the dark blue or light blue anywhere near power.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Anyone here going to sign up for the new Democrats and Veterans Party? on 17:08 - Jan 23 with 2176 viewsazuremerlangus

Anyone here going to sign up for the new Democrats and Veterans Party? on 15:47 - Jan 23 by hampstead_blue

Just thought about this again and.....

The OP asks the question one way....however, if I write in the way an injured veteran (which I am) would write it...

"Would you like the country run by a bunch of old squaddies who think everything is shyt, nothing works, they have more chips on shoulder than a chip shop.

They knock-off early on friday as it's POETS day, and weds afternoons are eother spent in the gym or the pub.

The look smart, unless they are Navy or the Light blue civvies, but aren't really.

Most will be found outside of the House by the river having a fag and chucking it in the Thames.

The subsidised bar will get hammered and stories of "can you remember when beer was 3 flegs a bottle (A BAOR joke)".

NI, don't talk to me about NI.

If you are off work sick, you are 'on the biff' and get stuff thrown at you for not stagging-on.

Those with a minutes more seniority than you are ramming it down your throat for ever.

I can go on.

I personally would not let a bunch of twisted old squaddies run a mile, leave alone UK Plc.

Up to you...

Oh, this is firmly tongue in cheek. We (the Army) wouldn't let the dark blue or light blue anywhere near power.....

Yep - sounds about right how the Army interprets tri-service power-sharing...
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 19:40]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024