Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone watched Britannia on Sky Atlantic? SPOILERS 14:55 - Jan 23 with 3091 viewsGlasgowBlue

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
It's been billed as a rival to Game of Thrones. Although the acting is quite good it has a long way to go to challenge GOT. It lacks the diversity of locations. And they went for killing a major character in the finale as GOT did with Sean Bean we didn't get to care enough about the character to be upset or shocked.

One character, the King's son whose name I forget, plays it like Michael Palin in a Monty Python film. Complete overkill on the comedy. Mackenzie Crook is very good as the chief Druid though.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Has anyone watched Britannia on Sky Atlantic? SPOILERS on 17:51 - Jan 23 with 3001 viewsBLUEBEAT

I’m pushing myself through it (only because I love Kelly Reilly). Up to episode 5 so far.

The Druids think they have magical powers but in reality they’re just off their tits on mushrooms 🍄

Poll: W or W

i watched the first one last week on 18:15 - Jan 23 with 2974 viewsGrief

Has anyone watched Britannia on Sky Atlantic? SPOILERS on 17:51 - Jan 23 by BLUEBEAT

I’m pushing myself through it (only because I love Kelly Reilly). Up to episode 5 so far.

The Druids think they have magical powers but in reality they’re just off their tits on mushrooms 🍄

i was a bit disappointed with it,is it worth staying with?
on 18:26 - Jan 23 with 2962 views_

i watched the first one last week on 19:18 - Jan 23 with 2922 viewsBLUEBEAT

i watched the first one last week on 18:15 - Jan 23 by Grief

Aside from my reason to stay with it, not sure...

Poll: W or W

Has anyone watched Britannia on Sky Atlantic? SPOILERS on 19:38 - Jan 23 with 2909 viewsBloomBlue

No, what's it about?
i watched the first one last week on 22:52 - Jan 23 with 2836 viewsGlasgowBlue

i watched the first one last week on 18:15 - Jan 23 by Grief

Not really. I doubt if I will bother with the second series.

They really have tried to copy GOT. You have the Hound and Arya copycats on walkabout. Then there is Zoë Wanamaker in the Diana Rigg role of elderly actress dropping the odd c bomb.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

i watched the first one last week on 09:27 - Jan 24 with 2761 viewsKitman

i watched the first one last week on 22:52 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Not really. I doubt if I will bother with the second series.

They really have tried to copy GOT. You have the Hound and Arya copycats on walkabout. Then there is Zoë Wanamaker in the Diana Rigg role of elderly actress dropping the odd c bomb.

..probably a nearer attempt to ape Vikings -seen on History Channel or Amazon Prime if you subscribe . At least both are very loosely based on fact.
I've watched about the 1st 4 episodes and so far, been fairly underwhelmed. Looks like they are playing too much on the pagan Druid cult mystique more than the invasion... It may develop into something worth watching as you get into the plots and characters?

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Has anyone watched Britannia on Sky Atlantic? SPOILERS on 09:34 - Jan 24 with 2750 viewsartsbossbeard

Has anyone watched Britannia on Sky Atlantic? SPOILERS on 17:51 - Jan 23 by BLUEBEAT

I was the same with Tin Star. I found it all a bit clichéd and rather tired in it's dialogue. The baddies weren't fearsome enough either.

Back to Britannia, I watched the trailer and realised that it wasn't going to be for me.

Fans of proper drama, will be pleased to hear that the full season 3 of Gomorrah is available for download on 31/1. Proper TV, right there.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024