Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prem VS 90's Serie A 16:56 - Jan 23 with 5597 viewsAYACCA

The premiership is great n all but i miss the 90s Serie A. so many great teams and players.....
Prem VS 90's Serie A on 16:57 - Jan 23 with 5582 viewsDubtractor

Dunno, I seem to recall a lot of the Sunday games on C4 in the 90s being pretty dull and I fell asleep watching a lot of them.

Though the sleep may be partly linked to my having been out on the lash Saturday night then playing football on Sunday morning and just being knackered!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 17:09 - Jan 23 with 5563 viewsdavblue

Juve and the Milan team were fantastic sides.

Very much a tactical game over there in the 90s if a striker got 16-17 goals a season over there you knew they were the real deal.
Prem VS 90's Serie A on 17:20 - Jan 23 with 5548 viewsCurrie10

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 17:09 - Jan 23 by davblue

Very much a tactical game over there in the 90s if a striker got 16-17 goals a season over there you knew they were the real deal.

Agree with posters 1 + 2, though 2 aspects of the 90s I massively miss =

95/96 Ac Milan defence of Maldini / Costa Curta / Baresi + Panucci. Sheer class.

Also miss the Parma batch ( Yes I know Parmalat's $$$ had a lot to do with ) -

* Buffon * Cannavaro * Thuram * D.Baggio * Veron * Chiesa * Crespo + many other classy squad player. Possibly Fiore. Jesus....
Prem VS 90's Serie A on 17:30 - Jan 23 with 5533 viewsPJH

I would query your "The Premiership is great" statement but I used to enjoy Serie A .
I liked Parma when they had Zola and Asprilla playing for them.
Prem VS 90's Serie A on 17:33 - Jan 23 with 5524 viewsTractorCam

The prem isn't that great really

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 17:45 - Jan 23 with 5503 viewsJ2BLUE

The Premier League bores me now. I watch highlights from years ago and it's so much more entertaining but the quality isn't as high. I don't care though. I'd rather see an entertaining game than two teams athletically trying to stifle each other.

MLS is really entertaining now IMO. Quality isn't great but the less polished game is good to watch.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 18:01 - Jan 23 with 5486 viewsjimsymBLUE

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 17:20 - Jan 23 by Currie10

Agree with posters 1 + 2, though 2 aspects of the 90s I massively miss =

95/96 Ac Milan defence of Maldini / Costa Curta / Baresi + Panucci. Sheer class.

Also miss the Parma batch ( Yes I know Parmalat's $$$ had a lot to do with ) -

* Buffon * Cannavaro * Thuram * D.Baggio * Veron * Chiesa * Crespo + many other classy squad player. Possibly Fiore. Jesus....

Bennarivo, Luca Bucci, pre fat Brolin, Sensini & Fernando Couto as well....Parma were class in the 90's.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 18:20 - Jan 23 with 5453 viewsartsbossbeard

I used to love Football Italia on a Saturday morning. James Richardson sitting in some city centre square with a coffee and the newspapers. A full round up of all the games plus an interview with a pro footballer, who, for a change and in the days before media training, actually seemed to be quite articulate.

When I (very rarely) play Fifa, I'll always play as La Viola.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 18:27 - Jan 23 with 5440 viewsACP84

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 18:20 - Jan 23 by artsbossbeard

I used to love Football Italia on a Saturday morning. James Richardson sitting in some city centre square with a coffee and the newspapers. A full round up of all the games plus an interview with a pro footballer, who, for a change and in the days before media training, actually seemed to be quite articulate.

God i miss that show.

I fell in love with Inter who were an awesome side, Check out this goal from Youri Djorkaeff:

tekkers
Prem VS 90's Serie A on 18:31 - Jan 23 with 5430 viewsBlueBadger

Juve of the mid-90's.
Zidane, Davids, Conte and Deschamps in midfield for Juve. Del Pieroin his pomp.
Dirty old Montero.
Terrific side.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 20:39 - Jan 23 with 5317 viewsIllinoisblue

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 18:20 - Jan 23 by artsbossbeard

it was indeed a great show, although I fell out of love with Italian football right about the time I lost 200 quid betting on Juventus. They were evens to win away at some lowly team. Me and a mate lumped on. Easy money, right? They could only draw and I never felt the same way about the Italians.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 08:53 - Jan 24 with 5129 viewsCurrie10

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 18:01 - Jan 23 by jimsymBLUE

Bennarivo, Luca Bucci, pre fat Brolin, Sensini & Fernando Couto as well....Parma were class in the 90's.

I was going merely for Parma 98-99 Uefa cup squad.

Like you say, many others there.

Vanoli / Ortega / Morfeo WHAT a side.

All about Ac Milan for me though ;)

Got really into it 97/98 when Kluivert went to Milan. Kluivert and Weah were supposed to be THE partnership to watch that season - of course it never happened due to Kluivert's off the pitch issues / Milan fans never forgiving him for the winner vs them in the 94/95 final.

Weirdly, that season Juventus signed Inzaghi - and the pundits were saying he + Del Piero just wouldn't mesh together well............

Even remember little Foggia in the early 90s vaguely being very decent.
Prem VS 90's Serie A on 09:05 - Jan 24 with 5118 viewsrickw

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 08:53 - Jan 24 by Currie10

Got really into it 97/98 when Kluivert went to Milan. Kluivert and Weah were supposed to be THE partnership to watch that season - of course it never happened due to Kluivert's off the pitch issues / Milan fans never forgiving him for the winner vs them in the 94/95 final.

Weirdly, that season Juventus signed Inzaghi - and the pundits were saying he + Del Piero just wouldn't mesh together well............

Milan for me too, but I watched it most in the early days with Milan's great Italian defenders - Maldini, Baresi & Costacurta and they had a 3 foreigner rule who were Gullit, Van Basten and Rijkaard at the time - not a bad team there!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 09:05 - Jan 24 with 5117 viewsartsbossbeard

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 08:53 - Jan 24 by Currie10

Padova were another team of the time and a quick google tells me that they liquidated a year or so back but have reformed.

They had a long haired blonde striker who went on to bigger & better things (I think Inter) but I can't recall his name or find him with a google search.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 09:07 - Jan 24 with 5112 viewsDubtractor

Anyway, if we're talking quality Italian football meets quality English football, the only competition worth mentioning is the Anglo Italian Cup.

You were a proper fan if you went to those games!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 09:30 - Jan 24 with 5093 viewsKieran_Knows

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 17:33 - Jan 23 by TractorCam

The prem isn't that great really

Bundesliga is better in my opinion.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 10:12 - Jan 24 with 5053 viewsbrazil1982

In those days, a lot of the teams had one or two "star" players who really stood out - now in the PL we are constantly told every player is world class and is worth £50m, which kind of takes any shine off.
Prem VS 90's Serie A on 10:25 - Jan 24 with 5044 viewsCurrie10

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 09:05 - Jan 24 by artsbossbeard

Padova were another team of the time and a quick google tells me that they liquidated a year or so back but have reformed.

They had a long haired blonde striker who went on to bigger & better things (I think Inter) but I can't recall his name or find him with a google search.

You had little Reggiana, Cremonese. Ahhh Serie A when it was gooooooooood.

Always remember Napoli fans setting their own stadium on fire too.

Mid to late 90s, as a league it was absolutely miles ahead in terms of talent.
Prem VS 90's Serie A on 10:55 - Jan 24 with 5025 views12th_Man

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 18:27 - Jan 23 by ACP84

God i miss that show.

I fell in love with Inter who were an awesome side, Check out this goal from Youri Djorkaeff:

tekkers

Use to love this
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 13:56]

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 12:15 - Jan 24 with 4984 viewsisitinthemiddle

Prem VS 90's Serie A on 17:09 - Jan 23 by davblue

Milan were undefeated in two years i recall?
Prem VS 90's Serie A on 12:18 - Jan 24 with 4976 viewsisitinthemiddle

They had the money at the time. So they had the best players. Gazza going there made it more popular in the UK, however, i never really got into it. I remember there was 4 nil nil draws in a row once.

If you get a chance ITV player has something about when football in the UK got massive. All about the BSkyB take over. really interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024