Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rough sleeping in England 19:32 - Jan 23 with 24042 viewsgtsb1966

has more than doubled in the last eight years according to the BBC just now. I found that statistic quiet shocking. What are we becoming.
Rough sleeping in England on 23:57 - Jan 23 with 6415 viewsJ2BLUE

Rough sleeping in England on 21:52 - Jan 23 by BlueBadger

Not a dig at you here Jitters, but you know when w@nkers talk about 'virtue signalling' where you trumpet your good deed stop the world? What do reckon the opposite to that is? You know, like the sort of tw@ttery that these two gimps are indulging in here?

I don't like mentioning it. True philanthropy is anonymous and all that. Annoys me when some idiot says I haven't cared before today though. Probably should have just ignored him.

I'm far from the only one on here who donated to Crisis.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rough sleeping in England on 04:13 - Jan 24 with 6356 viewsBenters2

You have loads of people moving into the country the housing and services cant cope.
Rough sleeping in England on 05:38 - Jan 24 with 6339 viewsfactual_blue

Rough sleeping in England on 04:13 - Jan 24 by Benters2

You have loads of people moving into the country the housing and services cant cope.

Stop either trolling or being wilfully ignorant. Who amongst this admittedly small sample is homeless because of people moving into the country?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/homeless_by_sea

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Rough sleeping in England on 05:57 - Jan 24 with 6335 viewsBenters2

Rough sleeping in England on 05:38 - Jan 24 by factual_blue

Stop either trolling or being wilfully ignorant. Who amongst this admittedly small sample is homeless because of people moving into the country?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/homeless_by_sea

I wasnt and who made you in charge? and to be honest coming from you that is amazing!

Its not hard to work out is it there just isnt enough houses to cope with the amount of people who want them.
Rough sleeping in England on 06:02 - Jan 24 with 6332 viewsfactual_blue

Rough sleeping in England on 05:57 - Jan 24 by Benters2

I wasnt and who made you in charge? and to be honest coming from you that is amazing!

Its not hard to work out is it there just isnt enough houses to cope with the amount of people who want them.

Which one of the people in the BBC article was homeless because of people coming into the country? All of them had homes at some point and - for a variety of reasons (none of which appears to have been asylum seekers, refugees or economic migrants) - lost them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Rough sleeping in England on 06:32 - Jan 24 with 6319 viewsBenters2

Rough sleeping in England on 06:02 - Jan 24 by factual_blue

Which one of the people in the BBC article was homeless because of people coming into the country? All of them had homes at some point and - for a variety of reasons (none of which appears to have been asylum seekers, refugees or economic migrants) - lost them.

Alright as you are being thick on purpose.

Lets say you lost your house,would you be able to move into a council house?
Rough sleeping in England on 07:23 - Jan 24 with 6288 viewsBloomBlue

Rough sleeping in England on 21:27 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

Oh dear. Didn't mention it in my last response because I didn't want to but for the last 3 years i've paid to get people off the streets over Christmas.

Tut tut, just Christmas not all year round then? I give my money to important things like animal rescue homes and I give that all year round.
Rough sleeping in England on 07:34 - Jan 24 with 6281 viewsm14_blue

There are more than 200,000 empty homes in Britain.
Login to get fewer ads

Rough sleeping in England on 07:38 - Jan 24 with 6275 viewsBenters2

Rough sleeping in England on 07:23 - Jan 24 by BloomBlue

Tut tut, just Christmas not all year round then? I give my money to important things like animal rescue homes and I give that all year round.

Indeed.
Rough sleeping in England on 07:42 - Jan 24 with 6267 viewsBenters2

Rough sleeping in England on 07:34 - Jan 24 by m14_blue

There are more than 200,000 empty homes in Britain.

Council houses?
Rough sleeping in England on 07:44 - Jan 24 with 6264 viewsm14_blue

Rough sleeping in England on 07:42 - Jan 24 by Benters2

Council houses?

No. Is that relevant?

You said there weren't enough houses to cope with immigration, there obviously is.

If you're suggesting we need to increase the social housing stock then I couldn't agree more.
Rough sleeping in England on 07:45 - Jan 24 with 6263 viewsm14_blue

Do you give 50% of your wages?

If not, I'm going to assume you don't really care.
Rough sleeping in England on 07:47 - Jan 24 with 6260 viewsjeera

You have no interest in this whatsoever clearly so are only posting for the hell of it.

Trolling the kids call it don't they?

Give it up - you're sounding daft.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Rough sleeping in England on 07:48 - Jan 24 with 6258 viewsjeera

Rough sleeping in England on 06:32 - Jan 24 by Benters2

Alright as you are being thick on purpose.

Lets say you lost your house,would you be able to move into a council house?

There is a general shortage of housing — horribly so in some areas.

What council houses are you referring to though? Where is this stock and who do you believe the are being ‘given’ to exactly? And why do you think this?

I would argue there are too many private landlords and that much of the private stock is owned by too few, but how do you control that? The governement aren’t about to cap that in a hurry and are more than happy for anyone to take the slack other than allow responsibility to fall on the state,

Supply and demand dictates the market prices of course, but to blame immigration on its own makes no sense. ‘We’ take their money, (the majority work and pay into the system), and yet it seems our two recent consecutive governments have offered little in return, in as much as the infrastructure is creaking under the strain; hospitals, schools, etc. Try getting a sodding doctor’s appointment at many surgeries nowadays.

But that’s not because of immigrants is it? That’s them, (and us if you like), not getting value for money.

As for social housing, (pretty much being replaced with ‘Affordable Housing’, which is the same thing but more expensive), nobody can wander along and just receive a place to live. It seems it doesn’t matter how many times this is explained to you for some reason you’re not interested.

Has it ever occurred to you that not everyone gets their info from the daily rags and that some people either are involved or have been involved with this subject and may have an inkling what they’re talking about?

You could easily just look up the subject yourself. It would require a 10th of the energy you have used on here repeating the same stuff.

Look here if you like: https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/homelessness/guide/get_help_from_y

Or here: http://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/council_housing_association/priorit

Or here: https://www.thetenantsvoice.co.uk/advice_from_us/social-housing-application-prio

Or maybe : https://www.gov.uk/council-housing

Good luck with your campaigning as I have faith in you that once you’ve read up on the subject and realise just how many innocent people are being overlooked by the authorities, you will feel strongly enough to act and petition your MP et al rather than just post ill-informed blame on here.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Rough sleeping in England on 07:56 - Jan 24 with 6240 viewsBenters2

Rough sleeping in England on 07:48 - Jan 24 by jeera

There is a general shortage of housing — horribly so in some areas.

What council houses are you referring to though? Where is this stock and who do you believe the are being ‘given’ to exactly? And why do you think this?

I would argue there are too many private landlords and that much of the private stock is owned by too few, but how do you control that? The governement aren’t about to cap that in a hurry and are more than happy for anyone to take the slack other than allow responsibility to fall on the state,

Supply and demand dictates the market prices of course, but to blame immigration on its own makes no sense. ‘We’ take their money, (the majority work and pay into the system), and yet it seems our two recent consecutive governments have offered little in return, in as much as the infrastructure is creaking under the strain; hospitals, schools, etc. Try getting a sodding doctor’s appointment at many surgeries nowadays.

But that’s not because of immigrants is it? That’s them, (and us if you like), not getting value for money.

As for social housing, (pretty much being replaced with ‘Affordable Housing’, which is the same thing but more expensive), nobody can wander along and just receive a place to live. It seems it doesn’t matter how many times this is explained to you for some reason you’re not interested.

Has it ever occurred to you that not everyone gets their info from the daily rags and that some people either are involved or have been involved with this subject and may have an inkling what they’re talking about?

You could easily just look up the subject yourself. It would require a 10th of the energy you have used on here repeating the same stuff.

Look here if you like: https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/homelessness/guide/get_help_from_y

Or here: http://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/council_housing_association/priorit

Or here: https://www.thetenantsvoice.co.uk/advice_from_us/social-housing-application-prio

Or maybe : https://www.gov.uk/council-housing

Good luck with your campaigning as I have faith in you that once you’ve read up on the subject and realise just how many innocent people are being overlooked by the authorities, you will feel strongly enough to act and petition your MP et al rather than just post ill-informed blame on here.

200'000 empty houses apparently.
Rough sleeping in England on 08:40 - Jan 24 with 6217 viewsHerbivore

People coming into the UK can't just rock up and get a council house. This has been explained to you many, many times.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rough sleeping in England on 09:00 - Jan 24 with 6203 viewstractordownsouth

I remember in a previous thread you said that people who can't afford others should " stop blaming others and work harder" So it's only alright to blame people if they're foreigners?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Rough sleeping in England on 09:15 - Jan 24 with 6190 viewschicoazul

Rough sleeping in England on 21:09 - Jan 23 by BloomBlue

You could obviously handover a large part of your wages let's say 50% to help

He already pays at least 23% of his income to the state if he is PAYE which I believe he is. If he runs a car, buys booze, has a flutter, buys clothes etc etc then he contributes even more. This argument of "if you care so much pay more money" is such utterly stupid fallacious bull5hit propagated by the laziest of minds.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Rough sleeping in England on 09:19 - Jan 24 with 6186 viewschicoazul

Sorry Benters luv but this is nonsense. Something like 80% of houses in the UK have 1 spare bedroom and 50% have two. There are over 600,000 empty homes in England. This is a difficult problem to solve as throwing people out of their homes because the children have left for instance, would not be a good idea. But the Govt should come up with some way to incetivise people to leave homes that are too big for them.
You as a famously-environmental centric person should be the last one on here to advocate for building more homes when there are already too many.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Rough sleeping in England on 09:32 - Jan 24 with 6168 viewsJ2BLUE

Didn’t know you had access to my accounts

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rough sleeping in England on 09:33 - Jan 24 with 6167 viewsuncle

Heartless
Rough sleeping in England on 09:35 - Jan 24 with 6169 viewsSteve_M

Rough sleeping in England on 21:52 - Jan 23 by BlueBadger

Not a dig at you here Jitters, but you know when w@nkers talk about 'virtue signalling' where you trumpet your good deed stop the world? What do reckon the opposite to that is? You know, like the sort of tw@ttery that these two gimps are indulging in here?

Malevolence signalling?

It certainly isn't indifference given the continued need of certain people to assert how little of a fk they give about others.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Rough sleeping in England on 10:51 - Jan 24 with 6109 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Rough sleeping in England on 09:15 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

He already pays at least 23% of his income to the state if he is PAYE which I believe he is. If he runs a car, buys booze, has a flutter, buys clothes etc etc then he contributes even more. This argument of "if you care so much pay more money" is such utterly stupid fallacious bull5hit propagated by the laziest of minds.

Very true. I estimate 65% of my income goes to the government in various taxation’s.

The problem is that most of that subsidises business via tax credits
Rough sleeping in England on 11:13 - Jan 24 with 6082 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Rough sleeping in England on 09:19 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Sorry Benters luv but this is nonsense. Something like 80% of houses in the UK have 1 spare bedroom and 50% have two. There are over 600,000 empty homes in England. This is a difficult problem to solve as throwing people out of their homes because the children have left for instance, would not be a good idea. But the Govt should come up with some way to incetivise people to leave homes that are too big for them.
You as a famously-environmental centric person should be the last one on here to advocate for building more homes when there are already too many.

There are less than 5k rough sleepers per night... that’s not many new properties is it. The billion given to the DUP would cover it
Rough sleeping in England on 22:34 - Jan 24 with 6008 viewsBlueBadger

Rough sleeping in England on 23:51 - Jan 23 by tractordownsouth

That is single handedly the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this website. And that's saying something.

Even more of an impressive achievement given that Benters has now weighed in as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024