Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rough sleeping in England 19:32 - Jan 23 with 23855 viewsgtsb1966

has more than doubled in the last eight years according to the BBC just now. I found that statistic quiet shocking. What are we becoming.
Rough sleeping in England on 19:34 - Jan 23 with 10458 viewsunbelievablue

It's terrible. I'd be interested in the year on year going back further though, to qualify how much of an analogy that may or may not be.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Rough sleeping in England on 19:35 - Jan 23 with 10453 viewsBloomBlue

At least the weather is warmer this week
Rough sleeping in England on 19:43 - Jan 23 with 10431 viewsMullet

It's been a huge problem in the last 5 years in Manchester. Austerity has meant that more people are vulnerable and the biggest shelters all went under.

People appeared under bridges and around the canals in massive numbers in a very short space of time.

You've got gangs of rough sleepers causing problems because territory, resources and access to the best begging spots are being contested violently, let alone all the usual issues that go with it.

Hardly surprising given the political shift towards selfishness and inward perspectives.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Rough sleeping in England on 19:54 - Jan 23 with 10426 viewsC_B_Blue

I'm not sayin it hasnt got worse, it has. But on the euston road in London between kings cross & euston stations the number of rough sleepers exploded to about 50ish, literally overnight, the day before corbyn made reference to "rough sleeping near our large stations" in a major election speech last June. Rumors are that some of these rough sleepers are momentum activists. So whilst I agree it has got worse, I can also believe there's is some political dirty tricks at play in some places
Rough sleeping in England on 20:46 - Jan 23 with 10326 viewsBlueBadger

Rough sleeping in England on 19:54 - Jan 23 by C_B_Blue

I'm not sayin it hasnt got worse, it has. But on the euston road in London between kings cross & euston stations the number of rough sleepers exploded to about 50ish, literally overnight, the day before corbyn made reference to "rough sleeping near our large stations" in a major election speech last June. Rumors are that some of these rough sleepers are momentum activists. So whilst I agree it has got worse, I can also believe there's is some political dirty tricks at play in some places

Christ.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rough sleeping in England on 20:55 - Jan 23 with 10308 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

America.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rough sleeping in England on 21:00 - Jan 23 with 10293 viewsBrixtonBlue

What a crock of sh!t.

Firstly, I've been through that spot many times recently and there aren't "50ish".

Secondly, no-one needs to fabricate homelessness in order to make a speech on it, there's plenty as it is.

Have a word with yourself before posting this nonsense.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rough sleeping in England on 21:07 - Jan 23 with 10263 viewsJ2BLUE

Perhaps we should stop inventing bullsh1t, admit it's a major problem and do something about it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Rough sleeping in England on 21:09 - Jan 23 with 10246 viewsBloomBlue

Rough sleeping in England on 21:07 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

Perhaps we should stop inventing bullsh1t, admit it's a major problem and do something about it?

You could obviously handover a large part of your wages let's say 50% to help
Rough sleeping in England on 21:11 - Jan 23 with 10232 viewsBlueBadger

Woah, woah, woah. We'll have none of your common sense AND compassion here!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Rough sleeping in England on 21:11 - Jan 23 with 10227 viewsJ2BLUE

Rough sleeping in England on 21:09 - Jan 23 by BloomBlue

You could obviously handover a large part of your wages let's say 50% to help

I couldn't afford that. Put me down for my fair share though, absolutely.

Truly impaired.

Rough sleeping in England on 21:11 - Jan 23 with 10225 viewsfooters

Hmm. Account seems to have been invented today- yet another TWTD troll? Do people really have nothing better to do?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rough sleeping in England on 21:14 - Jan 23 with 10212 viewsbrazil1982

Rough sleeping in England on 19:43 - Jan 23 by Mullet

It's been a huge problem in the last 5 years in Manchester. Austerity has meant that more people are vulnerable and the biggest shelters all went under.

People appeared under bridges and around the canals in massive numbers in a very short space of time.

You've got gangs of rough sleepers causing problems because territory, resources and access to the best begging spots are being contested violently, let alone all the usual issues that go with it.

Hardly surprising given the political shift towards selfishness and inward perspectives.

Most of the beggars near the University are Ukrainian.
Rough sleeping in England on 21:21 - Jan 23 with 10176 viewsjimsymBLUE

Rough sleeping in England on 19:35 - Jan 23 by BloomBlue

At least the weather is warmer this week

Maybe we'll see those penguins heading back to the Southern Hemisphere then....

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Rough sleeping in England on 21:23 - Jan 23 with 10174 viewsBloomBlue

Rough sleeping in England on 21:11 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

I couldn't afford that. Put me down for my fair share though, absolutely.

It sounds like your not giving that 50% at the already, I assume you couldn't care less about them until today.
Rough sleeping in England on 21:23 - Jan 23 with 10170 viewsbrightonitfc

Huge problem down here in Brighton over 4000 sleeping rough or in temporary accommodation in the city.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 21:34]
Rough sleeping in England on 21:24 - Jan 23 with 10169 viewsBlueBadger

Rough sleeping in England on 21:23 - Jan 23 by BloomBlue

It sounds like your not giving that 50% at the already, I assume you couldn't care less about them until today.

You go steady with those matches round that straw man there.

Rough sleeping in England on 21:27 - Jan 23 with 10170 viewsJ2BLUE

Rough sleeping in England on 21:23 - Jan 23 by BloomBlue

Oh dear. Didn't mention it in my last response because I didn't want to but for the last 3 years i've paid to get people off the streets over Christmas.

Truly impaired.

Rough sleeping in England on 21:36 - Jan 23 with 10128 viewscrunchie1978

Rough sleeping in England on 21:00 - Jan 23 by BrixtonBlue

What a crock of sh!t.

Firstly, I've been through that spot many times recently and there aren't "50ish".

Secondly, no-one needs to fabricate homelessness in order to make a speech on it, there's plenty as it is.

Have a word with yourself before posting this nonsense.

I quiet agree.....you have to be Nazi party brainwashed to want to kip on the street just to make the numbers up.
Rough sleeping in England on 21:39 - Jan 23 with 10110 viewsunbelievablue

Rough sleeping in England on 21:27 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

Oh dear. Didn't mention it in my last response because I didn't want to but for the last 3 years i've paid to get people off the streets over Christmas.

Show off.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Rough sleeping in England on 21:49 - Jan 23 with 10076 viewsfactual_blue

All rough sleepers are ex-servicemen though, forced out of their homes by asylum seekers. Everybody knows that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Rough sleeping in England on 21:52 - Jan 23 with 10067 viewsBlueBadger

Rough sleeping in England on 21:27 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

Not a dig at you here Jitters, but you know when w@nkers talk about 'virtue signalling' where you trumpet your good deed stop the world? What do reckon the opposite to that is? You know, like the sort of tw@ttery that these two gimps are indulging in here?

Rough sleeping in England on 22:16 - Jan 23 with 9982 viewsSarge

Rough sleeping in England on 21:52 - Jan 23 by BlueBadger

Not a dig at you here Jitters, but you know when w@nkers talk about 'virtue signalling' where you trumpet your good deed stop the world? What do reckon the opposite to that is? You know, like the sort of tw@ttery that these two gimps are indulging in here?

Being an old bellend?
Rough sleeping in England on 22:19 - Jan 23 with 9981 viewsfactual_blue

Rough sleeping in England on 21:14 - Jan 23 by brazil1982

Most of the beggars near the University are Ukrainian.

Are Ukrainians immune from poverty?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Rough sleeping in England on 23:51 - Jan 23 with 9878 viewstractordownsouth

That is single handedly the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this website. And that's saying something.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024