Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Phil Neville Tweet. 09:51 - Jan 24 with 7275 viewsjeera

Some blokes just don't learn do they - how hard can it be, really?

"Asked why he only referred to men in his post, he replied: "When I said morning men I thought the women would of been busy preparing breakfast/getting kids ready/making the beds-sorry morning women!"

It's 'have' Phil. Bloody 'have'.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 09:54 - Jan 24 with 5379 viewschicoazul

"These tweets were from some years ago. Phil has been on a journey of self discovery since then and the FA are now very confident that his banter has calmed down a lot in that time"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 09:57 - Jan 24 with 5383 viewsjeera

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 09:54 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

"These tweets were from some years ago. Phil has been on a journey of self discovery since then and the FA are now very confident that his banter has calmed down a lot in that time"

"Phil has been on a journey of self discovery since then..."

That sounds like he's sat in some field taking acid with a bunch of hippies or something.

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 10:04 - Jan 24 with 5346 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 09:57 - Jan 24 by jeera

"Phil has been on a journey of self discovery since then..."

That sounds like he's sat in some field taking acid with a bunch of hippies or something.

Taken a gap year and backpacked round Cambodia & Vietnam I reckon..
This Phil Neville Tweet. on 10:06 - Jan 24 with 5332 viewsjeera

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 10:04 - Jan 24 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Taken a gap year and backpacked round Cambodia & Vietnam I reckon..

That actually sounds quite good. I fancy that.

Although I wasn't altogether against my idea either tbf.

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 10:11 - Jan 24 with 5315 viewsconnorscontract

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 09:54 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Self-discovery my ar5e. They should have put out this statement:

"The tweets were a few years ago, and more importantly self-evidently a joke. An unoriginal joke, an unreconstructed joke, a rubbish joke, but clearly just a joke. We have evaluated such joke as a Level 1 sexist bants, sufficient to cause people to roll their eyes and consider him a bit of a dick, but without any malice and lacking the ability to cause real offence."
This Phil Neville Tweet. on 10:15 - Jan 24 with 5295 viewsJ2BLUE

Bloody hell. It was clearly a joke. Anyone who has heard him as a pundit should know it's a joke.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 10:16 - Jan 24 with 5294 viewsconnorscontract

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 10:11 - Jan 24 by connorscontract

Self-discovery my ar5e. They should have put out this statement:

"The tweets were a few years ago, and more importantly self-evidently a joke. An unoriginal joke, an unreconstructed joke, a rubbish joke, but clearly just a joke. We have evaluated such joke as a Level 1 sexist bants, sufficient to cause people to roll their eyes and consider him a bit of a dick, but without any malice and lacking the ability to cause real offence."

Just seen that he also had posts making light of domestic violence, which is, of course another matter entirely.
This Phil Neville Tweet. on 12:10 - Jan 24 with 5128 viewsbritbiker

Modern society. Who are the people who spend time going though other people's historic tweets etc as soon as someone in the public eye gets any sort of promotion.
Login to get fewer ads

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:26 - Jan 24 with 5014 viewsunbelievablue

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 10:15 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

Bloody hell. It was clearly a joke. Anyone who has heard him as a pundit should know it's a joke.

That one was. This one though?:

“Relax I’m back chilled — just battered the wife!!! Feel better now!”

Moron.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:29 - Jan 24 with 4999 viewsJ2BLUE

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:26 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

Moron.

Hadn't seen that one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:29 - Jan 24 with 4994 viewsLord_Lucan

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:26 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

Moron.

Is that offensive?

Surely it's no worse than a women saying something like "I just shot the husband"

How far are you kids going to take this?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:30 - Jan 24 with 4984 viewstcblue

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 12:10 - Jan 24 by britbiker

Modern society. Who are the people who spend time going though other people's historic tweets etc as soon as someone in the public eye gets any sort of promotion.

I think in this context, with his new role, this might be one of those "oh...yeah that's not good" things.

And he's been 'famous' longer than Twitter has been around so he really ought to have known / been taught better.

I'm not famous, yet somehow still have managed to never post anything sexist or racist onto social media. It's not exactly a massive struggle
This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:32 - Jan 24 with 4968 viewsunbelievablue

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:29 - Jan 24 by Lord_Lucan

Is that offensive?

Surely it's no worse than a women saying something like "I just shot the husband"

He's made light of domestic abuse on Twitter. He's not a comedian doing a routine.

The women saying 'I just shot the husband' is a facile comparison.

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:33 - Jan 24 with 4956 viewsGlasgowBlue

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:29 - Jan 24 by Lord_Lucan

Is that offensive?

It sis going to get to the stage where only professional comedians can hold any position of responsibility because they can use the get out clause that what they said was part of their act.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:34 - Jan 24 with 4946 viewstcblue

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:32 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

He's made light of domestic abuse on Twitter. He's not a comedian doing a routine.

He should stick to the comedy he is successful with, like his face, and trying to do a stepover in training
This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:34 - Jan 24 with 4941 viewsunbelievablue

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:33 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

It sis going to get to the stage where only professional comedians can hold any position of responsibility because they can use the get out clause that what they said was part of their act.

Can we not criticise someone for using a public social media platform to make light of domestic violence?

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:34 - Jan 24 with 4940 viewsLord_Lucan

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:33 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

Or convicted wife beaters on a rehabilitation course.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:37 - Jan 24 with 4922 viewsLankHenners

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:32 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

It's clearly a stupid joke but I don't think there's any reason to believe that Neville thinks domestic abuse is a laughing matter and certainly not something he practices in.

I think the correct response here (from him) should be to clarify the intentions of the comment and make it clear that a couple of dodgy jokes on the big saloon that is Twitter doesn't define him.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 13:38]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:39 - Jan 24 with 4903 viewsitfcjoe

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:37 - Jan 24 by LankHenners

It's clearly a stupid joke but I don't think there's any reason to believe that Neville thinks domestic abuse is a laughing matter and certainly not something he practices in.

I think the correct response here (from him) should be to clarify the intentions of the comment and make it clear that a couple of dodgy jokes on the big saloon that is Twitter doesn't define him.

I'd hate to be famous. I'd like to think I'm a decent person but if someone traipsed through everything I've ever put out onto Social Media I'm sure there would be a few things taken out of context that would make me look terrible

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:39 - Jan 24 with 4900 viewsunbelievablue

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:37 - Jan 24 by LankHenners

"I don't think there's any reason to believe that Neville thinks domestic violence abuse is a laughing matter."

Other than making a joke about it?

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:40 - Jan 24 with 4886 viewsGlasgowBlue

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:34 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

Can we not criticise someone for using a public social media platform to make light of domestic violence?

That's not what I said. I'm talking about any type of joke, whether ill judged or not.

For example, Frankie Boyle has said some absolutely awful jokes in the past but I wouldn't have a problem if he was appointed to a quango that he could contribute to.

Russel Brand has, in the past, been a complete sexist. But he does fantastic work with drug rehabilitation.

My point is that professional comedians get a free pass on offence.

Iron Lion Zion

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:41 - Jan 24 with 4882 viewsunbelievablue

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:40 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

That's not what I said. I'm talking about any type of joke, whether ill judged or not.

For example, Frankie Boyle has said some absolutely awful jokes in the past but I wouldn't have a problem if he was appointed to a quango that he could contribute to.

Russel Brand has, in the past, been a complete sexist. But he does fantastic work with drug rehabilitation.

My point is that professional comedians get a free pass on offence.

Apologies, I read it differently.

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:45 - Jan 24 with 4854 viewsGlasgowBlue

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:41 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

Apologies, I read it differently.

To widen the debate. Football is supposed to be entertainment. Phil Neville isn't a politician.

Rock music is entertainment. Most of us have a Lou Reed album in our collection. If he was still alive I would pay to go and see him perform. His wife was known as the Panda because she was always sporting a black eye or two after behind on the wrong end of his fists.

Iron Lion Zion

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:46 - Jan 24 with 4857 viewsLankHenners

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:39 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

"I don't think there's any reason to believe that Neville thinks domestic violence abuse is a laughing matter."

Other than making a joke about it?

I think you can use a topic such as domestic abuse, for e.g., as a starting point for a (dark/edgy) joke without believing the topic in itself to be funny. When doing so, of course, the intention of the joke has to be very clear so as not to come across as poking fun at something traumatic.

On Twitter, that can be hard to do, especially when it's one reply taken out of context and published as a stand-alone joke. I repeat that his comment was daft and clumsily worded, although to analyse it further I'd say the repeated exclamation marks in this format stress the jokey nature of it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:48 - Jan 24 with 4842 viewsunbelievablue

This Phil Neville Tweet. on 13:45 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

To widen the debate. Football is supposed to be entertainment. Phil Neville isn't a politician.

Rock music is entertainment. Most of us have a Lou Reed album in our collection. If he was still alive I would pay to go and see him perform. His wife was known as the Panda because she was always sporting a black eye or two after behind on the wrong end of his fists.

I love Lou Reed's music, just like I love Gascoigne's skill and Boycott's commentary. It's a tough one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024