Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick's next club 20:59 - Jan 25 with 9195 viewsRoyKeanesDog

MM has said before that he Ipswich won't be his last managerial position, who do you think he will go to next?

His performance with us would've impressed club owners IMO, and I think a Championship club with even a slightly bigger budget would snap him up.

If he was to go to Hull next season and was given £5m I think he'd win the league with them, if not his first season then the season after.

One thing's for sure- he will beat us every time we play him, and unfortunately he will probably be heavily booed.

Poll: Best Football Song

on 21:00 - Jan 25 with 4204 views_

Mick's next club on 21:04 - Jan 25 with 4190 viewsRoyKeanesDog

on 21:00 - Jan 25 by _

I wouldn't rule out the idea of him going to Norwich either. He clearly hates us and is only attempting to succeed this season in a bizarre attempt to prove a point out of spite.

Mick's next club on 21:08 - Jan 25 with 4177 viewsBigalhunter

I wouldn't rule out a spell at Barnsley. I don't know how much their owners are going to ultimately throw at a promotion push, but he's the perfect candidate, even if it's only a modest budget.
Only the most small minded imbeciles would boo him. So most of the 'five to fivers' over on the news section I guess.
on 21:08 - Jan 25 with 4169 views_

Mick's next club on 21:04 - Jan 25 by RoyKeanesDog

I wouldn't rule out the idea of him going to Norwich either. He clearly hates us and is only attempting to succeed this season in a bizarre attempt to prove a point out of spite.

on 21:10 - Jan 25 with 4155 views_

Mick's next club on 21:08 - Jan 25 by Bigalhunter

I wouldn't rule out a spell at Barnsley. I don't know how much their owners are going to ultimately throw at a promotion push, but he's the perfect candidate, even if it's only a modest budget.
Only the most small minded imbeciles would boo him. So most of the 'five to fivers' over on the news section I guess.

Mick's next club on 21:11 - Jan 25 with 4142 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I'm not sure if he'd buy into the 'Moneyball' concept of Barnsley, and he would risk jeopardising his emotional connection with the club if things don't go to the plan. Mind you, the Barnsley fans probably don't feel as entitled to total football success like we do, so they might embrace his faultless ability to churn out results.

Mick's next club on 21:12 - Jan 25 with 4136 viewsRoyKeanesDog

on 21:08 - Jan 25 by _

Until they get promoted.

Mick's next club on 21:13 - Jan 25 with 4132 viewsDarth_Koont

The 'five to fivers' ... haha.

Not heard that before but it's a good 'un.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Mick's next club on 21:14 - Jan 25 with 4125 viewshype313

He's been here 5 years and plenty of clubs have changed managers in that time, yet he has not been considered for one of them.

He's basically been treading water for 5 years, hardly an inspiring guy to get you promoted or stave off a relegation battle.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 21:14 - Jan 25 with 4119 views_

Mick's next club on 21:12 - Jan 25 by RoyKeanesDog

Until they get promoted.

Mick's next club on 21:16 - Jan 25 with 4112 viewsSitfcB

Mick's next club on 21:14 - Jan 25 by hype313

He's been here 5 years and plenty of clubs have changed managers in that time, yet he has not been considered for one of them.

He's basically been treading water for 5 years, hardly an inspiring guy to get you promoted or stave off a relegation battle.

On your first point, how do you know that?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mick's next club on 21:19 - Jan 25 with 4100 viewshype313

Mick's next club on 21:16 - Jan 25 by SitfcB

On your first point, how do you know that?

OK maybe he has been considered but no approach has ever been made.

Mick's next club on 21:20 - Jan 25 with 4086 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick's next club on 21:11 - Jan 25 by RoyKeanesDog

I'm not sure if he'd buy into the 'Moneyball' concept of Barnsley, and he would risk jeopardising his emotional connection with the club if things don't go to the plan. Mind you, the Barnsley fans probably don't feel as entitled to total football success like we do, so they might embrace his faultless ability to churn out results.

But let's be clear, he's doing Moneyball now just "wi out a fancy dan computer and all that nonsense"

Mick's next club on 21:22 - Jan 25 with 4061 viewsSitfcB

Mick's next club on 21:19 - Jan 25 by hype313

We don't know that. Not everything gets aired in public, although highly unlikely it wouldn't leak out.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mick's next club on 21:24 - Jan 25 with 4049 viewshype313

Mick's next club on 21:22 - Jan 25 by SitfcB

We don't know that. Not everything gets aired in public, although highly unlikely it wouldn't leak out.

I think it would have been common knowledge if someone asked permission and requested to speak to him.

Mick's next club on 21:27 - Jan 25 with 4039 viewsMullet

Mick's next club on 21:19 - Jan 25 by hype313

www.eadt.co.uk/sport/forget-the-fulham-rumours-mick-mccarthy-is-not-leaving-ipswich-town-says-managing-director-1-4096417

They definitely tried despite the bluster here, let alone the ones we'll never hear about. The idea no club would dare tap up someone as sought after as Mick is dubious at best.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mick's next club on 21:29 - Jan 25 with 4015 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick's next club on 21:14 - Jan 25 by hype313

How often does a manager get approached though, especially within the same division?

And how many Championship clubs have had their manager approached even from outside the division?

I might be completely wrong but it seems rare no matter how well they're doing.

Mick's next club on 21:31 - Jan 25 with 3995 viewshype313

Mick's next club on 21:27 - Jan 25 by Mullet

www.eadt.co.uk/sport/forget-the-fulham-rumours-mick-mccarthy-is-not-leaving-ipswich-town-says-managing-director-1-4096417

They definitely tried despite the bluster here, let alone the ones we'll never hear about. The idea no club would dare tap up someone as sought after as Mick is dubious at best.

Maybe, but no one has aggressively tried to poach him, let's be honest it wouldnt be difficult for him to turn down other offers, more money, taken us as far as he could mantra would come into play. And if it was Fulham then the be closer to home would certainly be in the equation.

Mick's done a decent job here on a shoestring no doubt, but if he was really revered, it wouldn't have taken much for any club over the past 5 years to pinch him.

Mick's next club on 21:34 - Jan 25 with 3973 viewshype313

Mick's next club on 21:29 - Jan 25 by Darth_Koont

How often does a manager get approached though, especially within the same division?

And how many Championship clubs have had their manager approached even from outside the division?

I might be completely wrong but it seems rare no matter how well they're doing.

Valid point, and I might very well be wrong too, I just think if he was really sought after then it wouldn't have taken much to prize him away.

As I say, maybe approaches have happened, I don't know, this is just my thoughts.

on 21:35 - Jan 25 with 3967 views_

Mick's next club on 21:34 - Jan 25 by hype313

Valid point, and I might very well be wrong too, I just think if he was really sought after then it wouldn't have taken much to prize him away.

As I say, maybe approaches have happened, I don't know, this is just my thoughts.

Mick's next club on 21:36 - Jan 25 with 3964 viewsMullet

Mick's next club on 21:31 - Jan 25 by hype313

Maybe, but no one has aggressively tried to poach him, let's be honest it wouldnt be difficult for him to turn down other offers, more money, taken us as far as he could mantra would come into play. And if it was Fulham then the be closer to home would certainly be in the equation.

Mick's done a decent job here on a shoestring no doubt, but if he was really revered, it wouldn't have taken much for any club over the past 5 years to pinch him.

But for 3 years he was a hero here, and probably felt this was the place for him.

It's only the stupidity of the last 18 months that have allowed people to buy into the bedsheet and Archant style bollox.

Over that time he's probably not had the same level of interest, or financial incentive to start over. To go from no approach to aggressive pursuit is a different matter entirely and again one we'll never really know.

Mick will walk into a job, meanwhile we'll probably become Rotherham upon Orwell while Evans lets us rot.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mick's next club on 21:37 - Jan 25 with 3962 viewsSuperTommySmith

An interesting question I thought of was say he was at a new club next season or the one after. He had a thing for going for players from his time with Wolves.
What players from his time with Ipswich would he try to sign? Assuming he's at championship level.
on 21:38 - Jan 25 with 3944 views_

Mick's next club on 21:37 - Jan 25 by SuperTommySmith

An interesting question I thought of was say he was at a new club next season or the one after. He had a thing for going for players from his time with Wolves.
What players from his time with Ipswich would he try to sign? Assuming he's at championship level.

Mick's next club on 21:39 - Jan 25 with 3945 viewsFtnfwest

Wentworth? He could probably afford it by now
Mick's next club on 21:56 - Jan 25 with 3884 viewsStNeotsBlue

on 21:38 - Jan 25 by _

I think Bart would be a definite target. He's consistently bigged Gerken up as a equal to Bart but I'm not convinced.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024