Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Mick be staying? 16:50 - Jan 26 with 3463 viewsHerbivore

I'm probably reading too much into it but Bart signing a new deal, other players being let go, a few lads in on trial who look ones for the future - all points at a manager who might stick around maybe? Can't help but think that the quip about walking off at the end of the season might have been a deliberate red herring.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Could Mick be staying? on 16:54 - Jan 26 with 3440 viewsJ2BLUE

Perhaps he's just doing his job? Evans knows Bart is a saleable asset so not exactly rocket science to tie him down if they can.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Could Mick be staying? on 16:55 - Jan 26 with 3429 viewsJackSted

If he stays I suggest a mass pitch invasion

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Could Mick be staying? on 16:56 - Jan 26 with 3422 viewsHerbivore

Could Mick be staying? on 16:54 - Jan 26 by J2BLUE

Perhaps he's just doing his job? Evans knows Bart is a saleable asset so not exactly rocket science to tie him down if they can.

Although he would still be a saleable asset in the summer if we triggered his extension. Just seems there's been a few slightly longer term decisions this week, like I say probably reading too much into it.

Could Mick be staying? on 16:56 - Jan 26 with 3421 viewsKeaneish

Don't see why. If he left us depleted with players out-of-contract and a bunch of loanees, his legacy would be remembered in a similar light to that of Jewell. Evans and the board have learnt their lessons and MM is professional and wouldn't down tools. If he left us in a mess, it wouldn't bode well for his future employment either same as in any walk of life.

Seems like business as usual to me for any manager no matter what stage of their contract.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Could Mick be staying? on 16:57 - Jan 26 with 3418 viewsPJH

Could Mick be staying? on 16:55 - Jan 26 by JackSted

If he stays I suggest a mass pitch invasion

I would be delighted if he stays but not sure that a pitch invasion is on.
Could Mick be staying? on 16:58 - Jan 26 with 3407 viewsKeaneish

Could Mick be staying? on 16:57 - Jan 26 by PJH

I would be delighted if he stays but not sure that a pitch invasion is on.

Would you be more delighted if Mick stayed or more delighted if a Maurice Steijn came in?

Could Mick be staying? on 16:59 - Jan 26 with 3402 viewsHerbivore

Could Mick be staying? on 16:56 - Jan 26 by Keaneish

Don't see why. If he left us depleted with players out-of-contract and a bunch of loanees, his legacy would be remembered in a similar light to that of Jewell. Evans and the board have learnt their lessons and MM is professional and wouldn't down tools. If he left us in a mess, it wouldn't bode well for his future employment either same as in any walk of life.

Seems like business as usual to me for any manager no matter what stage of their contract.

True, but Bart's extension could be triggered any time and decisions about McDonnell and Fowler could have waited until the summer. None of those issues would have reflected badly on Mick if they'd been left. And why does he want to have a look at Sagaf over the next few months to see if he might have something to offer us if he's not going to be here? I still think it's likely he'll go but I just wonder if something is brewing.

Could Mick be staying? on 17:05 - Jan 26 with 3393 viewsPJH

Could Mick be staying? on 16:58 - Jan 26 by Keaneish

Would you be more delighted if Mick stayed or more delighted if a Maurice Steijn came in?

If you can guarantee that Maurice Steijn or anyone else(except Keane or Staam) would get better results than MM then I would thank MM for all he has done for us, apologise for the way that he was been treated by some supporters and be delighted with the new appointment.
Otherwise I would be delighted that MM was staying.
Login to get fewer ads

Could Mick be staying? on 17:15 - Jan 26 with 3373 viewsKeaneish

Could Mick be staying? on 16:59 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

True, but Bart's extension could be triggered any time and decisions about McDonnell and Fowler could have waited until the summer. None of those issues would have reflected badly on Mick if they'd been left. And why does he want to have a look at Sagaf over the next few months to see if he might have something to offer us if he's not going to be here? I still think it's likely he'll go but I just wonder if something is brewing.

Mick will be in management until his faculties or physical being fails him. Its in his blood and most managers continually build a portfolio of players in their head on a daily basis whether in management or not. Probably business as usual regarding Sagaf. Someone for now or for the future. I guess there's no guarantee MM will manage at Championship level after us so it never hurts to eye players of all abilities.

Could Mick be staying? on 17:18 - Jan 26 with 3359 viewsBackToRussia

I don't think it has been decided, that's what everything points to.

I think MM and ME have said look if you have a good season (however they choose to define that) we'll offer you something.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Could Mick be staying? on 17:19 - Jan 26 with 3359 viewsKeaneish

Could Mick be staying? on 17:05 - Jan 26 by PJH

If you can guarantee that Maurice Steijn or anyone else(except Keane or Staam) would get better results than MM then I would thank MM for all he has done for us, apologise for the way that he was been treated by some supporters and be delighted with the new appointment.
Otherwise I would be delighted that MM was staying.

Solbakken tried to get Mick's direct Wolves side playing football after Mick's departure but they failed to adjust. Lets hope our transition, however extreme or not isn't as painful. If Steijn gets VVV any higher up the table though, bigger clubs than us might come knocking.

Could Mick be staying? on 17:52 - Jan 26 with 3307 viewsfactual_blue

I think he'll stay.

Or go.

Certainly one or the other.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Could Mick be staying? on 17:53 - Jan 26 with 3302 viewstextbackup

If he stays the fans base will be smaller than I’ve ever known, 10k ST holders id guess. Would be a fcking shambles if he stays more than after mathematically safe, but this is ITFC

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Could Mick be staying? on 18:00 - Jan 26 with 3274 viewsPJH

Could Mick be staying? on 17:19 - Jan 26 by Keaneish

Solbakken tried to get Mick's direct Wolves side playing football after Mick's departure but they failed to adjust. Lets hope our transition, however extreme or not isn't as painful. If Steijn gets VVV any higher up the table though, bigger clubs than us might come knocking.

If it was up to me there would be no transition necessary for a couple of years anyway, but it is not up to me.

Most of us are guessing at or assuming what is going to happen regarding MM and most of us have our opinions as to what should (or should not) happen, we will see in due course.
Could Mick be staying? on 18:01 - Jan 26 with 3272 viewsHerbivore

Could Mick be staying? on 17:53 - Jan 26 by textbackup

If he stays the fans base will be smaller than I’ve ever known, 10k ST holders id guess. Would be a fcking shambles if he stays more than after mathematically safe, but this is ITFC

If he goes it'll be in the summer and that wouldn't be remotely shambolic.

Could Mick be staying? on 18:21 - Jan 26 with 3250 viewsWestSussexBlue

Could Mick be staying? on 18:01 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

If he goes it'll be in the summer and that wouldn't be remotely shambolic.

Nah, perfectly acceptable eh. What are you on?
Could Mick be staying? on 18:29 - Jan 26 with 3233 viewsITFC_Forever

Wouldn’t be at all surprised.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Could Mick be staying? on 18:30 - Jan 26 with 3229 viewsHerbivore

Could Mick be staying? on 18:21 - Jan 26 by WestSussexBlue

Nah, perfectly acceptable eh. What are you on?

Sorry, why would it be shambolic for him to leave at the end of the season when his contract is up? It's not obvious.

Could Mick be staying? on 18:32 - Jan 26 with 3221 viewschicoazul

I think he's staying, i' ve thought it for a while.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Could Mick be staying? on 18:37 - Jan 26 with 3205 viewsHerbivore

Could Mick be staying? on 18:32 - Jan 26 by chicoazul

I think he's staying, i' ve thought it for a while.

I hope you're wrong but I'm starting to get a similar feeling.

Could Mick be staying? on 18:41 - Jan 26 with 3200 viewsGuthrum

Maybe McCarthy himself does not know if he'll be offered an extension/new deal? Perhaps it depends on whereabouts we finish?

I didn't say that's a sensible way to go about contract negotiations, but it may still be the reality of the situation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Could Mick be staying? on 18:44 - Jan 26 with 3184 viewsHerbivore

Could Mick be staying? on 18:41 - Jan 26 by Guthrum

Maybe McCarthy himself does not know if he'll be offered an extension/new deal? Perhaps it depends on whereabouts we finish?

I didn't say that's a sensible way to go about contract negotiations, but it may still be the reality of the situation.

That's a fair point, it's quite possible that serious discussions haven't taken place yet.

Could Mick be staying? on 18:44 - Jan 26 with 3178 viewschicoazul

Could Mick be staying? on 18:37 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

I hope you're wrong but I'm starting to get a similar feeling.

Why would he leave? He's always telling us how he doesnt care about what we think of his personal performance so that's not an issue (even though the people who say they dont care are always the ones who care the most). He is very well paid. He would probably get a job offer or two if he left but there arent many jobs out there like Ipswich that offer total control from top to bottom and stability, and unconditional support from the owner. Plus it seems the vogue at the moment in the Championship is to hire foreign managers. If anything he might be waiting until November/December time for a job if he left, not that that matters that much to aman of his wealth.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024