Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Webster deal 13:34 - Jan 28 with 2556 viewsitfcjoe

Would need to be silly money to sell him, so can’t see it happening unless Flint goes for silly money

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Webster deal on 13:36 - Jan 28 with 2534 viewsfloridaboy

Injury prone!
Webster deal on 13:59 - Jan 28 with 2489 viewsbluefunk

I’m not a pessimist by nature but the reason we bought Webster was because he was a prospect who would improve and thus had some value in selling on - Evans could bank another profit on Webster, and he has form for that
Webster deal on 14:09 - Jan 28 with 2463 viewsjas0999

Hmmm, Evans may see it differently. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if he cashed in again.
Webster deal on 14:15 - Jan 28 with 2465 viewsPhilTWTD

I doubt there's any likelihood of Webster going this week. Similar sort of position to Mings when the offer from Palace was turned down a few years back. If he fulfils his potential and has a long run in the side then he'd be worth more in a year or 18 months' time.
Webster deal on 15:24 - Jan 28 with 2326 viewsIllinoisblue

Milne will cunningly negotiate a 200k fee + a set of GIFs.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Webster deal on 15:40 - Jan 28 with 2277 viewsRegencyBlue

Webster deal on 15:24 - Jan 28 by Illinoisblue

Milne won’t negotiate anything.

He will just be left to explain what Evans decides!
Webster deal on 10:19 - Jan 29 with 2032 viewsCurrie10

Webster deal on 14:15 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

I doubt there's any likelihood of Webster going this week. Similar sort of position to Mings when the offer from Palace was turned down a few years back. If he fulfils his potential and has a long run in the side then he'd be worth more in a year or 18 months' time.

While this is true, we need players fit for the majority of the season.

Unless he's just been a bit unlucky with injury, he does seem to be heading down the Teddy Bishop route these days.

We need players to be very much likely to be fit a minimum of 35 times a season for them to really represent value to us.

Played 50% of the games last season, on target for an increase this however if Bristol City WERE to sell Flint, and some silly £££3 came late in January, I'd be half tempted to cash in.
Webster deal on 10:22 - Jan 29 with 2023 viewschicoazul

Webster deal on 14:15 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

That's what I think. He will be worth at least double the fee you are reporting in a year, if he stays free of injury of course. And given our recent history of rehabbing/maintaining players that's not exactly a given.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Webster deal on 11:17 - Jan 29 with 1940 viewsblueblood66

Webster deal on 15:24 - Jan 28 by Illinoisblue

Milne is just the commercial man, has nothing to do with the football side.
Webster deal on 11:35 - Jan 29 with 1923 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It would take a ridiculous offer. Probably club record and there’s no way Bristol will pay that much, however much they might get for Flint. Not sure Webster would be desperate to move to Bristol City either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024