Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tech in football 19:16 - Jan 29 with 1650 viewsGarv

Is anyone really surprised that it's slowing the game down? Really?

I blame all the people that have screamed for technology for so long. All it does is undermine the man in charge, creates even less 'respect' for referees because we are over-ruling every decision they make.

Plus, where do you draw the line? Goal like technology is working brilliantly, that is a matter of fact decision, but leave it there. Using screens to determine decisions that are opinion based, crazy. And people are now talking about showing replays on big screens in stadiums so fans are 'more in the loop', that will only make fans even more angry when things go against them.

Get rid of VAR ASAP would be my advice.

Rant over.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tech in football on 20:01 - Jan 29 with 1621 viewsBasuco

It is down to referee's not wanting any fans to know how they come to a decision, the easy answer is to connect the ref to the PA so everyone knows what is going on.
Tech in football on 20:15 - Jan 29 with 1611 viewsRonFearonsHair

At first I thought I was dead against it. Then I went for a wander, thought about it for a bit, double and triple checked, then decided I agreed with what I thought in the first place.
Tech in football on 20:59 - Jan 29 with 1585 viewsmonty_radio

Too much invested by media, pundits etc. If development of the technology were now to be kicked into the long grass, we'd never hear the last of it. Every time the MotD cameras slowed to a crawl, and the mistake filled the screen, Gary and friends would decry the ignorance, the blinkers, the men in suits, the lack of women in suits, the suitability of every governing body known to football.

The fuss will go on interminably, but the final acceptance can't not happen.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Tech in football on 23:47 - Jan 29 with 1531 viewsbournemouthblue

The simple fix to VAR is you have a video ref who makes the decision just as a linesman would

You also have a replay screen which the whole crowd and can see with a build up which says goal, no goal, penalty etc etc

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Tech in football on 12:59 - Jan 31 with 1424 viewsGarv

Tech in football on 23:47 - Jan 29 by bournemouthblue

The simple fix to VAR is you have a video ref who makes the decision just as a linesman would

You also have a replay screen which the whole crowd and can see with a build up which says goal, no goal, penalty etc etc

That sounds horrible, no.offense.

I love cricket and appreciate rugby, but this is so different.

Football is fast paced action, it's not a pantomime.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tech in football on 13:10 - Jan 31 with 1409 viewsLesta_Tractor

You wonder if the FA have actually spent time looking at sports like hockey and rugby where VAR, or similar, has been successfully implemented.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Tech in football on 13:17 - Jan 31 with 1394 viewsTJS

Tech in football on 12:59 - Jan 31 by Garv

That sounds horrible, no.offense.

I love cricket and appreciate rugby, but this is so different.

Football is fast paced action, it's not a pantomime.

Totally agree.
Rugby and cricket have way more scoring opportunities than football.
Football in general comes down to a few very exciting moments in each game.
If half of these turn into waiting for a verdict from a big screen that will be the end for me.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 13:17]
Tech in football on 14:02 - Jan 31 with 1370 viewsWarhurst

If anyone is dead against VAR and accepts that there is an element of human error in refereeing a game in real time, then will they be able to accept when cases of mistaken identity and blatant dives cost their team points?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024