Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So much doom & gloom on here 14:49 - Jan 31 with 958 viewsyorkshire

I honestly wonder what would make people happy on transfer deadline day - I am pretty sure that even if we announced the signing of Messi & Ronaldo there would still be people saying we should have given Morris & Patterson a chance instead

I get the fact that we have stagnated and that a lot of clubs around us haven't - I also get that Mick's time with us is probably up but some of the comments I read on here are just thoroughly depressing (and a lot are just plain rubbish)

This season hasn't been all that bad - we have been in the top half for pretty much all of it - we have scored a decent amount of goals and we have also seen the likes of Downes, Nydam and Kenlock make a good number of appearances The midfield has been decimated with injuries and the likes of Bishop, Dozzell, Huws and Adeyemi would have made a lot of difference if a couple had managed to stay fit

I think that we have a nucleus of a good team - Bart-Webster-Huws-Waghorn-Garner and have seen genuine improvement in last seasons whipping boy Knudsen - add in some of the youth teamers and a couple of potential summer signings and we should have a good run next season - would just be nice is the supporters could get behind that
So much doom & gloom on here on 14:51 - Jan 31 with 950 viewshype313

Nothing major will happen, certainly on incomings as A) we don't have the cash and B) The club doesn't want to sign players mindful Mick is off.

Just a case of shoring things up to keep us competitive ready for the new guy to come in.

Not very exciting granted.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So much doom & gloom on here on 14:58 - Jan 31 with 919 viewsIllinoisblue

"we've been in the top half most of the season" - that sounds like something Evans/Milne would put in the ST renewal gumph they send out.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So much doom & gloom on here on 14:59 - Jan 31 with 922 viewsBrianTablet

I'd love someone (ideally MM or ME) to come out and say:

"We're not spending in the transfer window. Our aim for the rest of the season is to gel together the nucleus of our team with the fantastic young players that we have coming through. We realise that we're almost certainly not going up or down, so we'll concentrate on playing attacking, passing football, with a focus on winning our home games, but also giving it a go away from home. We may have good days and will surely have bad ones, but we hope our fans stay patient. Our aim is to take this club forward next season, with the addition of two or three first-team-ready summer signings."

That'd do me.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 15:01]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

So much doom & gloom on here on 15:18 - Jan 31 with 883 viewsskyblue23

So much doom & gloom on here on 14:58 - Jan 31 by Illinoisblue

"we've been in the top half most of the season" - that sounds like something Evans/Milne would put in the ST renewal gumph they send out.

Completely agree. Since when has it become an achievement to be in the top half for most of the season?

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024