Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... 10:03 - Feb 1 with 3073 viewsKieran_Knows

... and think this is exactly what is wrong with football these days?

Sam Allardyce tried to persuade Ademola Lookman NOT to join RB Leipzig so he could join Derby.

That is completely absurb in my opinion. SA sites that it'll be difficult for him because he doesn't know the language etc, but surely Lookman should be praised for taking the plunge and going abroad to learn a different culture/language etc? He'll learn more in 6 months playing in the Bundesliga against a lot better teams than what he ever would playing for 6 months at Derby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42897189
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 10:04]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 10:06 - Feb 1 with 3015 viewsBackToRussia

Weird that the club would insist IMO. Maybe because RB Leipzig are a much bigger club and they fear a potential permanent deal?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 10:07 - Feb 1 with 3008 viewsHerbivore

We should encourage more English players to play abroad. We must be the only major footballing nation whose national squad is made up entirely of players playing in their home country. That can't be healthy, how are our players meant to know how to compete with Spain and Germany when they rarely play in or against that style of football?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 10:08 - Feb 1 with 3010 viewsITFC_Forever

I wonder.....
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 10:09]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 10:09 - Feb 1 with 2992 viewsKieran_Knows

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 10:06 - Feb 1 by BackToRussia

Weird that the club would insist IMO. Maybe because RB Leipzig are a much bigger club and they fear a potential permanent deal?

Quite possibly, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why Allardyce would be against such a move.

Even if Leipzig did want him permanently, i'm sure Everton would make a profit on the £11m they paid for him last January.

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 10:11 - Feb 1 with 2976 viewschicoazul

Monaco paying £18m for a 16 yo is far more indicative of the problems you allude to. I hate Allardyce as much as the next man but this was almost definitely something to do with money or loan fees, wages support or whatever.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 10:11 - Feb 1 with 2971 viewsSteve_M

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 10:08 - Feb 1 by ITFC_Forever

I wonder.....

Well, quite.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 10:21 - Feb 1 with 2953 viewsBeckets

Perhaps it was something to do with agents fees......
Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 10:25 - Feb 1 with 2931 viewsKieran_Knows

I wonder.....

Appreciate agent fee's etc, but I just can't get my head round why Allardyce would try put him off a move to what is, in my opinion, one of the best 3 leagues in the world.

It's not like Everton are strapped for cash, are they? I can't imagine Derby paying THAT much more in fee's either.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... (n/t) on 10:59 - Feb 1 with 2875 viewsdylanisabaddog

I wonder.....

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 11:00 - Feb 1 with 2871 viewsdylanisabaddog

I wonder.....

Yes, I wondered that as well.....
Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 11:04 - Feb 1 with 2857 viewsBeckets

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 11:00 - Feb 1 by dylanisabaddog

Yes, I wondered that as well.....

Perhaps Allardyce's son might be able to help with the answer
Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 11:12 - Feb 1 with 2819 viewsjaykay

I wonder.....

are you saying that someone would have made more money if he went to derby

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 09:08 - Apr 29 with 2154 viewsdylanisabaddog

Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 11:12 - Feb 1 by jaykay

are you saying that someone would have made more money if he went to derby

Surely not. Big Sam would never do a thing like that.....
Anyone else happen to see this yesterday... on 09:26 - Apr 29 with 2085 viewstractorshark

Everton admitted at the time they wanted him to stay in England but he was adamant he wanted to go to Leipzig.
As someone who follows German football, he’s done OK. Few good games, couple of goals, mainly used from the bench at the start.
But he’s getting good experience in the Bundesliga, playing a better brand of football than Everton and receiving excellent technical coaching.
The Bundesliga isn’t as good as the Prem but it’s better than the Championship by a long way.
And even though Leipzig have dropped off the pace, they’re still a decent outfit.
Their manager has already said they want to sign Lookman permanently.
Interestingly, Jadon Sancho is doing well at Dortmund after leaving Man City and Reece Oxford impressed at Monchengladbach prior to getting injured.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024