Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season 19:48 - Feb 3 with 5109 viewschicoazul

When was the last time we had 4 players on double figures for goals in a season?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 19:50 - Feb 3 with 5099 viewsGuthrum

Don't know off the top of my head, but in many ways that's better than one bloke with 20+ and nobody else has any.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 19:51 - Feb 3 with 5096 viewschicoazul

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 19:50 - Feb 3 by Guthrum

Don't know off the top of my head, but in many ways that's better than one bloke with 20+ and nobody else has any.

Yes absolutely right.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 20:08 - Feb 3 with 5061 viewsjaykay

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 19:51 - Feb 3 by chicoazul

Yes absolutely right.

murphy scored 20 plus in our playoff season. then 9 was our next highest scorer

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 20:37 - Feb 3 with 5023 viewsNazemariner

I think they probably will and it’ll be an excellent achievement.

I reckon Bent, Kuqi, Miller and perhaps one other may have some years back. Someone will put me right I’m sure.
Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 20:58 - Feb 3 with 4994 viewssudburyblue16

Seem to remember Kiwomya, Dozzell, Warky and Milts all hitting double figures back in the late 80s. During Johnny Duncan's time?
Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 21:13 - Feb 3 with 4964 viewspoppiesman

Just a wild guess but maybe when we won the play offs season, with the likes of Johnson, Stewart, Holland and Reuser in the team.

Edit, just checked and not quite.
League goals that season excluding play offs were Johnson 22, Scowcroft 13, Holland 10 and Naylor 8. So close!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 21:20]
Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 00:00 - Feb 4 with 4857 viewsVaughan8

They both need 4 more goals to get to 10. Not impossible but I wouldn't think too likely? Both not playing today so might not play next game either.

Just looking at our scorers, apart from these 4, we only have 5 other scorers, 2 on 3 goals and 3 on one goal. So we are still reasonably reliant on waghorn/garner.

It's nice to see we are still near the top of the goals scored column in the league. That is definitely an area we have improved.
Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 00:18 - Feb 4 with 4832 viewshampstead_blue

your point is great.

it does prove a real dichotomy with MM. We have goals and the best squad for a long time. Yet myself and others are calling for a change.

Are we right or is MM the man to take us to the play offs with this squad?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 00:19 - Feb 4 with 4833 viewspatrickswell

Although that late 80s season mentioned above rings a bell, it has felt like we’ve had our own cut price Wark/Mariner/Brazil/Gates this year. If only our cut price Muhren/Thijssens could stay fit...
Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 00:45 - Feb 4 with 4812 viewsbadadski

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 00:19 - Feb 4 by patrickswell

Although that late 80s season mentioned above rings a bell, it has felt like we’ve had our own cut price Wark/Mariner/Brazil/Gates this year. If only our cut price Muhren/Thijssens could stay fit...

Lee, Counago and Walters ripped it up the one season. Unplayable trio at times.
Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 07:56 - Feb 4 with 4719 viewsITFC_Forever

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 00:00 - Feb 4 by Vaughan8

They both need 4 more goals to get to 10. Not impossible but I wouldn't think too likely? Both not playing today so might not play next game either.

Just looking at our scorers, apart from these 4, we only have 5 other scorers, 2 on 3 goals and 3 on one goal. So we are still reasonably reliant on waghorn/garner.

It's nice to see we are still near the top of the goals scored column in the league. That is definitely an area we have improved.

No, they’ve both scored 8 so far this season.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 09:48 - Feb 4 with 4644 viewshoppy

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 00:18 - Feb 4 by hampstead_blue

your point is great.

it does prove a real dichotomy with MM. We have goals and the best squad for a long time. Yet myself and others are calling for a change.

Are we right or is MM the man to take us to the play offs with this squad?

Yesterday we scored our 7th and 8th goals since December 2nd, in our 11th game since then... scoring more than once for the first time since December 16th... most of our goals were accrued in the early part of the season. Yes, we’ve got more goal threat as proved in those earlier months, but for some reason they have reduced to a bit more of a trickle... it would be good to get back on a run of scoring 2,3 or 4 more regularly again to prove it. Is that down to confidence, bad luck, change of system, players not being played in their best positions to be in amongst the goals more? I don’t know really.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 09:57 - Feb 4 with 4624 viewsParisBlue

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 20:37 - Feb 3 by Nazemariner

I think they probably will and it’ll be an excellent achievement.

I reckon Bent, Kuqi, Miller and perhaps one other may have some years back. Someone will put me right I’m sure.

Bent(15), Kuqi(11), Pablo(11) & Miller(10) in 2003/04. Westlake (7), Naylor(5), Wright(5) and Bowditch(4) hit another 21 between them.

84 league goals in total with a goal difference of +12

We conceeded 36 goals at home. Only Wimbledon (who finished bottom after moving to MK) conceeded more.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 10:37 - Feb 4 with 4596 viewshoppy

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 09:57 - Feb 4 by ParisBlue

Bent(15), Kuqi(11), Pablo(11) & Miller(10) in 2003/04. Westlake (7), Naylor(5), Wright(5) and Bowditch(4) hit another 21 between them.

84 league goals in total with a goal difference of +12

We conceeded 36 goals at home. Only Wimbledon (who finished bottom after moving to MK) conceeded more.

That raises another question... in contrast to scoring the most goals, how far back do we have to go to have impressive goals conceded season stats?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 10:55 - Feb 4 with 4584 viewspatrickswell

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 09:48 - Feb 4 by hoppy

Yesterday we scored our 7th and 8th goals since December 2nd, in our 11th game since then... scoring more than once for the first time since December 16th... most of our goals were accrued in the early part of the season. Yes, we’ve got more goal threat as proved in those earlier months, but for some reason they have reduced to a bit more of a trickle... it would be good to get back on a run of scoring 2,3 or 4 more regularly again to prove it. Is that down to confidence, bad luck, change of system, players not being played in their best positions to be in amongst the goals more? I don’t know really.

The injury situation has meant that very few people have been able to be played in their right positions for any considerable length of time.

On the stats front, we now have 13 league wins by early February - equalling our total for the whole of last season.
Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 11:02 - Feb 4 with 4576 viewsbournemouthblue

I'd have thought we probably did in the nearly season under Royle

Bent, Kuqi, Miller and one other perhaps?

I think Naylor got something like 7 from centre back but Counago could have got 10

We scored 85 goals that season from memory

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 11:04 - Feb 4 with 4575 viewsbournemouthblue

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 00:00 - Feb 4 by Vaughan8

And can improve further

If only we could defend!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 11:19 - Feb 4 with 4561 viewschicoazul

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 21:13 - Feb 3 by poppiesman

Just a wild guess but maybe when we won the play offs season, with the likes of Johnson, Stewart, Holland and Reuser in the team.

Edit, just checked and not quite.
League goals that season excluding play offs were Johnson 22, Scowcroft 13, Holland 10 and Naylor 8. So close!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 21:20]

I'm talking all goals not just league.

Say Didz and Celina get another couple each this season on 11:23 - Feb 4 with 4557 viewschicoazul

Most teams rely on a couple of players for goals. Although goals have dried up for us in the last dozen or so games it's great to have multiple goal threats. Shame 2 of the 4 almost definitely wont be here next season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024