Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 06:55 - Feb 4 with 8622 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Decent away performance. Best I've seen for a while as we have had many poor ones but this is what happens when we show an interest in attacking an opposition.
First half an hour could have been anything. A few worrying moments as we certainly allowed them too much space at times. On 10 min Skuse gave away the ball and it could have ended up badly as Asoro despite tight angle narrowly missed. Couple of minutes later a moment of hesitation from Knudsen which enforced him to pass to Connolly. The latter got easily outmuscled and once again an opportunity for the hosts.

The brightest moment for us during that spell was Waghorn's free-kick as he hit the bar.
Five minutes later another moment when we got away with bad defending. A corner for Sunderland and O'Shea headed wide as he was totally unmarked.

Yes we were under a little cosh. They had too much space but that is not as if they totally dominated us. We tried to play football in a good way with little hoofing.

Garner's goal shot Sunderland's confidence to pieces and they never recovered from this. Their heads totally dropped. They were far from that somewhat impressive first half an hour spell. What followed this goal was most pleasing moment of the day for me. Just go for it, keep on attacking as they are for taking. And that is what he did ! It was a pleasure to watch and the team was rightly rewarded in the shape of the 2nd goal. Ward who himself has had a really good game outran their full-back, great cross that ended up with an own goal.

The half time scoreline a bit harsh on Sunderland for their endeavour but this ain't our problem. Both goals took the entire confidence from them.

There isn't lot to talk about the 2nd half. Sunderland's chaotic attempts caused no problem whatsoever for our much improved defence, much improved in compare to the first half. The only moment which made Bialkowski save was Lua Lua's shot. Town looked content with the two goal lead but Waghorn should really have scored when one on one with Camp. Forgettable 45 minutes but not going to moan over it. Comfortable two goal lead and we never were in a danger of squandering this.

It's a shame we don't produce more displays like this. When you compare it to the Bolton two weeks ago it's like a night and day. Different approach, different football yet there were some silly, really stupid comments on here that we 'looked like good team at Bolton' whereas we had been bang awful. Today we didn't even hoof much. Not even from Chambers.
Compare it also to Hull from last November. We had been 1-0 up and allowed opposition to come back and have a go at us. Nowhere near that today as we went to attack the opposition instead of sitting back.

Grant Ward deserves a special mention as it certainly has been his best performance for a long time. Waghorn also stood out in the 1st half.

Yes I would have cursed McCarthy for having left Celina on the bench if we hadn't won. He would have torn them apart on his own.

Funeral atmosphere among the home crowd but don't blame them for this. As ourselves they are owned by disinterested person who don't back his managers. Still though it's baffling why the players of McGeady and LuaLua's calibre started on the bench. Both proven at this level and Josh Emmanuel in particular knows what they are capable of as they tormented him in the past (McGeady and Preston away last season, Lua Lua during the Brighton's 3-2 win at Portman Road couple of seasons ago).

Brilliant first goal, brilliant set-up for the second, keeping the opponents under control. The performance like that though not completely perfect still makes hell of a difference as all I ask for is to show a desire to attack an opposition. Don't sit back and focus on stopping them from playing just have balls to attack them. Yesterday that was the case so really pleased.
Match thoughts on 07:05 - Feb 4 with 5410 viewsBenters2

Nice honest report as always Mach.

Try to forget about the Bolton game
Match thoughts on 07:54 - Feb 4 with 5335 viewsFtnfwest

Good report, I thought Connolly was generally good and garner just made a nuisance of himself which he can be very good at. The only hoofing we did on a few occasions was to him which was a bit pointless. I second that view of the home atmosphere as I was in with them. The team look gone to me already, about the poorest one we’ve played for some time.
Match thoughts on 08:35 - Feb 4 with 5257 viewsFixed_It

That's good to hear, Mach. But sometimes our ability to attack when away from home is more to do with the quality of opposition than the intent of the manager. I wasn't there yesterday, but in the home match against Sunderland we looked like world-beaters...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Match thoughts on 09:02 - Feb 4 with 5205 viewsBlueAllOver

Match thoughts on 08:35 - Feb 4 by Fixed_It

That's good to hear, Mach. But sometimes our ability to attack when away from home is more to do with the quality of opposition than the intent of the manager. I wasn't there yesterday, but in the home match against Sunderland we looked like world-beaters...

This - I was at both the Bolton and Sunderland games and saw little difference in our attacking intent from either game, just Sunderland were worse than Bolton, particularly the comedy defending. Not as if were continuously on the attack yesterday, Machs views seem guided by the result.
Match thoughts on 09:23 - Feb 4 with 5163 viewsDarth_Koont

Match thoughts on 09:02 - Feb 4 by BlueAllOver

This - I was at both the Bolton and Sunderland games and saw little difference in our attacking intent from either game, just Sunderland were worse than Bolton, particularly the comedy defending. Not as if were continuously on the attack yesterday, Machs views seem guided by the result.

Indeed. They were pretty similar first halves, the difference was we took the lead not the opposition.

Pronouns: He/Him

Match thoughts on 11:44 - Feb 4 with 4955 viewsBenters2

Match thoughts on 09:02 - Feb 4 by BlueAllOver

I think Mach was trying to say Bolton was a awful game,even Mick Mac said it was the worst game he had ever seen.
Match thoughts on 11:53 - Feb 4 with 4934 viewsStenvict

Have an uppie for not making sarcastic digs at MM or Town fans

Poll: What will be announced first?

Match thoughts on 12:03 - Feb 4 with 4918 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 08:35 - Feb 4 by Fixed_It

Not necessarily. I have mentioned Hull match as well in which we allowed the poor opposition to come back into the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thoughts on 12:06 - Feb 4 with 4907 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 09:23 - Feb 4 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. They were pretty similar first halves, the difference was we took the lead not the opposition.

Pretty similar halves....... there is certainly something wrong with you as it is abnormally stupid what you're insisting.
Match thoughts on 12:07 - Feb 4 with 4897 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Match thoughts on 12:08 - Feb 4 with 4894 viewsDarth_Koont

Match thoughts on 12:06 - Feb 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

Pretty similar halves....... there is certainly something wrong with you as it is abnormally stupid what you're insisting.

I can live with your disapproval.

I'm not the one who consistently sees performances as "night and day" depending on the result.

Pronouns: He/Him

Match thoughts on 12:10 - Feb 4 with 4886 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 07:54 - Feb 4 by Ftnfwest

Good report, I thought Connolly was generally good and garner just made a nuisance of himself which he can be very good at. The only hoofing we did on a few occasions was to him which was a bit pointless. I second that view of the home atmosphere as I was in with them. The team look gone to me already, about the poorest one we’ve played for some time.

Football on the deck and some nice passing will have made a difference.
Match thoughts on 12:10 - Feb 4 with 4887 viewsPJH

We all have opinions and no doubt we all think that our opinions are correct but few of us seem to state our opinions as fact.
You on the other hand....
Match thoughts on 12:14 - Feb 4 with 4858 viewsBenters2

Match thoughts on 12:16 - Feb 4 with 4845 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 12:08 - Feb 4 by Darth_Koont

I can live with your disapproval.

I'm not the one who consistently sees performances as "night and day" depending on the result.

The 'night and day' term has been used in relation to how we approached Bolton and Sunderland matches. So read carefully before making yet another pointless remark.

I can live with your disapproval either. No problems. I don't take your views seriously given your extremely stupid appraisal of the Bolton match.
Match thoughts on 12:28 - Feb 4 with 4822 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 12:10 - Feb 4 by PJH

We all have opinions and no doubt we all think that our opinions are correct but few of us seem to state our opinions as fact.
You on the other hand....

Oh the 'superfan' is preaching to us. We should stick behind the manager and support the team shouldn't we? Otherwise we are bad fans and negatives.

But nothing wrong to walk away and huff when Roy Keane is the manager. What a superfan you are.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 12:28]
Match thoughts on 12:47 - Feb 4 with 4790 viewsBrixtonBlue

Match thoughts on 12:16 - Feb 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

The 'night and day' term has been used in relation to how we approached Bolton and Sunderland matches. So read carefully before making yet another pointless remark.

I can live with your disapproval either. No problems. I don't take your views seriously given your extremely stupid appraisal of the Bolton match.

You are an extremely rude individual. Someone having a different view to you on a game isn't "extremely stupid".

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Match thoughts on 12:49 - Feb 4 with 4782 viewsBrixtonBlue

Match thoughts on 11:53 - Feb 4 by Stenvict

Have an uppie for not making sarcastic digs at MM or Town fans

Apart from the bit where he says "there were some silly, really stupid comments" from people who had a different view to him on the Bolton game.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Match thoughts on 12:53 - Feb 4 with 4765 viewsBluefish

Match thoughts on 12:28 - Feb 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

Oh the 'superfan' is preaching to us. We should stick behind the manager and support the team shouldn't we? Otherwise we are bad fans and negatives.

But nothing wrong to walk away and huff when Roy Keane is the manager. What a superfan you are.

Calm down love. We won

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Match thoughts on 12:56 - Feb 4 with 4764 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 12:47 - Feb 4 by BrixtonBlue

You are an extremely rude individual. Someone having a different view to you on a game isn't "extremely stupid".

Are you having a hump and looking for the argument? Certainly the case as you don't read carefully. My opinions are also badly taken by some who attend matches.

And I haven't even mentioned you so go away.
Match thoughts on 12:57 - Feb 4 with 4760 viewsPJH

Match thoughts on 12:28 - Feb 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

What I read of your report was quite level headed for you.
I suppose you had to tear up the one that you had pre written ready for our defeat.

I am not preaching, just pointing out that just because "Mach say's"it does not necessarily mean that it is right.

I know that you and I approach all things ITFC from different directions, you from the negative and me from the positive-I am not saying that you are a bad fan but you are certainly a negative one.

I just enjoy seeing ITFC win and yesterday was just as enjoyable as the other 4 away wins that I have seen so far this season.
If we win the next away one THAT will be even more enjoyable.
Match thoughts on 12:57 - Feb 4 with 4759 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 12:53 - Feb 4 by Bluefish

Calm down love. We won

I'm answering to the remark. Can't I?
Match thoughts on 13:05 - Feb 4 with 4724 viewsStenvict

Match thoughts on 12:49 - Feb 4 by BrixtonBlue

Apart from the bit where he says "there were some silly, really stupid comments" from people who had a different view to him on the Bolton game.

It makes a change from every other sentence having a sarcastic dig.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Match thoughts on 13:06 - Feb 4 with 4716 viewsnshearman1

Match thoughts on 12:57 - Feb 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

I'm answering to the remark. Can't I?

Quite extraordinary how a reasonably balanced and in many ways less impassioned report from you, Mach, can be dragged down by a couple of individuals into the same old arguments.
Match thoughts on 13:12 - Feb 4 with 4699 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 12:57 - Feb 4 by PJH

What I read of your report was quite level headed for you.
I suppose you had to tear up the one that you had pre written ready for our defeat.

I am not preaching, just pointing out that just because "Mach say's"it does not necessarily mean that it is right.

I know that you and I approach all things ITFC from different directions, you from the negative and me from the positive-I am not saying that you are a bad fan but you are certainly a negative one.

I just enjoy seeing ITFC win and yesterday was just as enjoyable as the other 4 away wins that I have seen so far this season.
If we win the next away one THAT will be even more enjoyable.

What you read from my report...... I remember you had been saying that you don't read them. Anything changed then?

It's not like level headed or I had to delete that one which had been pre-written for the defeat. I report what I see. Simple. But why do we have to talk about it? Again, you claim you don't read my reports. Somehow though you make your own judgement.

Oh I know how positive superfan you are. This is so touching ! Do we need tissues? You just enjoy seeing ITFC win.......once again so admirable. And I'm that negative, eh?

It's all wrong when I'm a 'negative' but nothing wrong when you huffed and walked away when Keane was in manager. And you dare to judge other Ipswich fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024