Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Quiet on here tonight..." 17:25 - Feb 4 with 10617 viewsSitfcB

Even Stuart Watson has noticed it...

'The reaction to Saturday’s 2-0 victory at Sunderland spoke volumes about the current mood. In short, there wasn’t a lot. Tumbleweed blew across social media, online forums and news comments sections.'

https://t.co/ddxd762raU

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 17:28 - Feb 4 with 7165 viewsSteve_M

I like the way that he talks about cynicism being too deeply entrenched and then in the middle of the article there's a link to another tedious whinge from Terry Hunt.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 17:44 - Feb 4 with 7096 viewsHipsterectomy

I would say that's a greater damning statement against MM than anything else.

If we lose there's anger, if we win there's indifference.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

(No subject) on 17:47 - Feb 4 with 7076 viewsSomethingBlue

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 17:44 - Feb 4 by Hipsterectomy

I would say that's a greater damning statement against MM than anything else.

If we lose there's anger, if we win there's indifference.

Or maybe it's really about 15 years in the Championship, rather than this really weird figure of all-pervading evil a section of our fans have convinced themselves McCarthy is.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 17:50]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 17:49 - Feb 4 with 7064 viewsDeano69

He’s no artsbossbeard though.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 17:51 - Feb 4 with 7050 viewsHipsterectomy

(No subject) on 17:47 - Feb 4 by SomethingBlue

Or maybe it's really about 15 years in the Championship, rather than this really weird figure of all-pervading evil a section of our fans have convinced themselves McCarthy is.

You think if we'd won 2-0 with no loanees, a couple of our home grown youngsters grabbing the goals and, as a team, playing fast, possession based football there would be the feeling of hopelessness and 'who cares?'

Not saying that I disagree with you entirely. Even in the late Jim days people would be super happy about wins on here based on how well we played.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

on 17:54 - Feb 4 with 7021 views_

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 17:51 - Feb 4 by Hipsterectomy

You think if we'd won 2-0 with no loanees, a couple of our home grown youngsters grabbing the goals and, as a team, playing fast, possession based football there would be the feeling of hopelessness and 'who cares?'

Not saying that I disagree with you entirely. Even in the late Jim days people would be super happy about wins on here based on how well we played.

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 17:57 - Feb 4 with 6996 viewsSomethingBlue

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 17:51 - Feb 4 by Hipsterectomy

Yes but that first par is asking quite a lot of literally any team. Town have numerous problems and they need addressing if we are ever to thrive again but a number of our fans have completely lost all grip on reality.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:05 - Feb 4 with 6962 viewsFtnfwest

Well I suppose the alternative is that everyone jumps up and down,says how wonderful we suddenly are and get labelled as ‘fickle’
Login to get fewer ads

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:11 - Feb 4 with 6935 viewsIllinoisblue

I can’t fathom why there’s not more hype and hoopla about being stuck in midtable.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:14 - Feb 4 with 6926 viewsartsbossbeard

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:05 - Feb 4 by Ftnfwest

Well I suppose the alternative is that everyone jumps up and down,says how wonderful we suddenly are and get labelled as ‘fickle’

I came up with a new word at Roker Park Saturday.

Thickle

To be used to describe when supporters who bemoan a team selection then sing the bemoaned players name when he actually plays very well. See Freddie Sears for an example.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:20 - Feb 4 with 6886 viewsFtnfwest

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:14 - Feb 4 by artsbossbeard

Thickle

To be used to describe when supporters who bemoan a team selection then sing the bemoaned players name when he actually plays very well. See Freddie Sears for an example.

Heh. What were you doing there anyway?
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:25 - Feb 4 with 6874 viewsSitfcB

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:11 - Feb 4 by Illinoisblue

I can’t fathom why there’s not more hype and hoopla about being stuck in midtable.

Season finishes in May.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:26 - Feb 4 with 6858 viewsNewcyBlue

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:20 - Feb 4 by Ftnfwest

Heh. What were you doing there anyway?

As it is a housing estate, maybe he is buying up a house or two? Decent rent.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:27 - Feb 4 with 6859 viewscbower

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 17:28 - Feb 4 by Steve_M

I like the way that he talks about cynicism being too deeply entrenched and then in the middle of the article there's a link to another tedious whinge from Terry Hunt.

That guff from Hunt is just nonsense. If Dozzell had been fit, he may have played a fair bit this season. Same for Bishop and possibly even Hyam. Kenlock has been regularly involved but there is no doubt Jonas is currently better. Downes on loan to Luton is a good move for the lad but had he not had his own injuries, he probably would have had many more games in the first team too. Utter drivel that too many agenda driven fans buy into.

bluescouser

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:46 - Feb 4 with 6788 viewsBluefish

Quiet after a win is a myth and only said by trolls apparently.......the evidence is irrelevant

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:54 - Feb 4 with 6756 viewsITFC_Forever

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:14 - Feb 4 by artsbossbeard

Thickle

What were you doing hanging round a housing estate on a Saturday afternoon?

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 19:16 - Feb 4 with 6684 viewsPJH

There seems to be a bit of collective disappointment at The EADT for a good away win.
I hope their disappointment continues for a very long time.
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 19:46 - Feb 4 with 6621 viewsIllinoisblue

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:25 - Feb 4 by SitfcB

Season finishes in May.

Techincally that’s correct, yes...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

on 20:01 - Feb 4 with 6576 views_

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:54 - Feb 4 by ITFC_Forever

What were you doing hanging round a housing estate on a Saturday afternoon?

(No subject) on 20:09 - Feb 4 with 6544 viewsBenters2

(No subject) on 17:47 - Feb 4 by SomethingBlue

16 years
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 20:25 - Feb 4 with 6489 viewsReuser_is_God

He really let's down what Watson does.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 20:30 - Feb 4 with 6482 viewsReuser_is_God

You can understand why.

It's just annoying when there is absolute uproar when we lose. People should just accept that we'll finish mid table this season, Mick will leave in the summer so enjoy what wins we can & quietly acknowledge that the defeats will be a further nail on his coffin, if you're that way inclined.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 20:34 - Feb 4 with 6461 viewsGeoffSentence

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 18:46 - Feb 4 by Bluefish

Quiet after a win is a myth and only said by trolls apparently.......the evidence is irrelevant

Coming on here and baiting people with 'quiet on here isnt it, did we win?" is completely illogical anyway, since the people who will see it are the posters who are on here, not the ones who aren't, who are it's logical target.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 20:43 - Feb 4 with 6426 viewsolimar

A win is a win and surely people are happy with that, regardless about what they think more specifically about the team. But Im not sure what sort of reaction is expected- we beat the team 2nd from bottom of the league, with only won two home games since the start of last year, in fairly comfortable and unspectacular fashion. Im sure fans are happy to see a win, and there shouldnt be anything to complain about, but did anyone expect a massive outpouring of positivity and "we love Mick" sentiment?
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 02:08 - Feb 5 with 6223 viewsTheBlueBarca

We beat one of the worse sides in the league, what did he expect, a bus parade? We should be beating Sunderland, lets be honest so no shock we've not gone overboard. Good three points, well played and credit to the manager on the selection.

If we beat a few of the better teams and finish above 10th i'd say we've had a good season given we were nearly relegated last year!

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024