Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... 09:07 - Feb 7 with 5392 viewslowhouseblue

that internet rumours should be taken with several pinches of salt ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42965637

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

on 09:09 - Feb 7 with 3671 views_

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:10 - Feb 7 with 3669 viewsGlasgowBlue

That reminds me, where is vapers these days?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:11 - Feb 7 with 3655 viewslowhouseblue

on 09:09 - Feb 7 by _

revisionist in what sense?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

on 09:14 - Feb 7 with 3638 views_

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:11 - Feb 7 by lowhouseblue

revisionist in what sense?

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:19 - Feb 7 with 3604 viewslowhouseblue

on 09:14 - Feb 7 by _

all i said was that there was no credible evidence to back up the rumours some people were pushing. one person even claimed to know secret stuff. you should try reading what I posted - do link any post that you think proves your point. the fact that you read into my posts something that wasn't there suggests that you were looking for an excuse not to listen.

on 09:22 - Feb 7 with 3570 views_

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:19 - Feb 7 by lowhouseblue

all i said was that there was no credible evidence to back up the rumours some people were pushing. one person even claimed to know secret stuff. you should try reading what I posted - do link any post that you think proves your point. the fact that you read into my posts something that wasn't there suggests that you were looking for an excuse not to listen.

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:29 - Feb 7 with 3546 viewsitfcjoe

That's convenient, the Met can find no evidence about the high profile accused but manage to pin some on the nobody who claims to be abused.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 09:33 - Feb 7 with 3517 views_

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:29 - Feb 7 by itfcjoe

That's convenient, the Met can find no evidence about the high profile accused but manage to pin some on the nobody who claims to be abused.

Login to get fewer ads

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:34 - Feb 7 with 3513 viewsStokieBlue

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:29 - Feb 7 by itfcjoe

Don't forget that everything is a conspiracy.

Everything.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:34 - Feb 7 with 3511 viewslowhouseblue

on 09:33 - Feb 7 by _

and here we go again.

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:36 - Feb 7 with 3504 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 09:33 - Feb 7 by _

Haven't you just proved Lowhouse' point?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 09:36 - Feb 7 with 3501 views_

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:34 - Feb 7 by lowhouseblue

and here we go again.

on 09:37 - Feb 7 with 3497 views_

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:36 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

Haven't you just proved Lowhouse' point?

on 09:40 - Feb 7 with 3481 views_

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:34 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

Everything.

SB

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:44 - Feb 7 with 3468 viewsitfcjoe

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:34 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

Everything.

SB

Don't forget not everything is as it's reported though - this whole thing stinks to me of a cover up by the authority generally - and when you read this story it is just too neat a bow being tied upon the story to not raise anything with me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:45 - Feb 7 with 3463 viewsBlueBadger

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:44 - Feb 7 by itfcjoe

Don't forget not everything is as it's reported though - this whole thing stinks to me of a cover up by the authority generally - and when you read this story it is just too neat a bow being tied upon the story to not raise anything with me.

The main thing that stands out from this for me is that 'Nick' probably needs some serious help with his mental health, rather than prosecution. There's no winners here.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 9:50]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:51 - Feb 7 with 3433 viewsStokieBlue

on 09:40 - Feb 7 by _

Past misdemeanors do not mean all future investigations are bad.

I would have thought the opposite approach would be the sensible one. Accept the investigation with some caveats rather than assuming it's outright a cover-up and the investigation is part of it. It could be dodgy but it should have to be proven dodgy rather than assumed dodgy.

Otherwise why bother having a police force at all if you assume they are always working against the public.

SB

on 09:55 - Feb 7 with 3419 views_

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:51 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

Past misdemeanors do not mean all future investigations are bad.

I would have thought the opposite approach would be the sensible one. Accept the investigation with some caveats rather than assuming it's outright a cover-up and the investigation is part of it. It could be dodgy but it should have to be proven dodgy rather than assumed dodgy.

Otherwise why bother having a police force at all if you assume they are always working against the public.

SB

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:59 - Feb 7 with 3401 viewslowhouseblue

on 09:55 - Feb 7 by _

perhaps he's suggesting that opinions should be based on evidence rather than some preformed world view? too many people wished the nick stuff was true and then had fun spreading it, regardless of its impact on innocent people.

on 10:03 - Feb 7 with 3385 views_

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 09:59 - Feb 7 by lowhouseblue

perhaps he's suggesting that opinions should be based on evidence rather than some preformed world view? too many people wished the nick stuff was true and then had fun spreading it, regardless of its impact on innocent people.

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 10:11 - Feb 7 with 3360 viewsStokieBlue

on 09:55 - Feb 7 by _

My point is that posters have jumped instantly to cover-up which is clearly not the way things should work.

"this whole thing stinks to me of a cover up by the authority generally"

That is not:

"It could be dodgy but it should have to be proven dodgy rather than assumed dodgy."

SB
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 10:13]

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 10:18 - Feb 7 with 3327 viewslowhouseblue

on 10:03 - Feb 7 by _

again feel free to link a post of mine that could be so interpreted. if you read things that way it's because you didn't want to listen.

and innocent people in this particular case have been treated very badly by people who wanted to spread gossip and rumours and conspiracy nonsense simply because it fitted their world view.

on 10:18 - Feb 7 with 3326 views_

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 10:11 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

My point is that posters have jumped instantly to cover-up which is clearly not the way things should work.

"this whole thing stinks to me of a cover up by the authority generally"

That is not:

"It could be dodgy but it should have to be proven dodgy rather than assumed dodgy."

SB
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 10:13]

on 10:19 - Feb 7 with 3316 views_

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 10:18 - Feb 7 by lowhouseblue

again feel free to link a post of mine that could be so interpreted. if you read things that way it's because you didn't want to listen.

and innocent people in this particular case have been treated very badly by people who wanted to spread gossip and rumours and conspiracy nonsense simply because it fitted their world view.

the grief i got from some on here for suggesting ... on 10:20 - Feb 7 with 3315 viewsStokieBlue

on 10:18 - Feb 7 by _

Did you read his latest response? He took the time to reply again after the initial off the cuff remark.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024