Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Murphy on Mick 18:17 - Feb 7 with 2254 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He was talking Mick up the other day on Talksport, and stated that he was working to the second lowest budget in the league, with only Burton having a lower budget.

I know we dont have a big budget, but Id be surprised if it was the second lowest in the league? Anyone have any figures?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Danny Murphy on Mick on 18:34 - Feb 7 with 2108 viewsBluefish

Probably depends how you look at budget. Does it include transfer fees and agent fees?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Danny Murphy on Mick on 18:38 - Feb 7 with 2102 viewsIllinoisblue

I can't believe that's true. Milwall, Preston, Bolton, Reading... we can't be spending less than them, surely?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Danny Murphy on Mick on 18:44 - Feb 7 with 2064 viewsPhilTWTD

Danny Murphy on Mick on 18:38 - Feb 7 by Illinoisblue

I can't believe that's true. Milwall, Preston, Bolton, Reading... we can't be spending less than them, surely?

Wages will definitely be higher than Millwall, Preston, Burton and probably Brentford (was a year or so ago), Bolton, Sheffield United and QPR.

Edit, said lower and not higher as I meant.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Danny Murphy on Mick on 18:51 - Feb 7 with 2001 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Danny Murphy on Mick on 18:44 - Feb 7 by PhilTWTD

Wages will definitely be higher than Millwall, Preston, Burton and probably Brentford (was a year or so ago), Bolton, Sheffield United and QPR.

I cant see us being higher than Sheff Utd given their January transfer activity.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Danny Murphy on Mick on 19:08 - Feb 7 with 1907 viewsPhilTWTD

Danny Murphy on Mick on 18:51 - Feb 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I cant see us being higher than Sheff Utd given their January transfer activity.

Possible, but I'm assuming their wage bill hasn't increased very significantly following promotion, it was not far off a third of ours - £17.78 million last year, up from up from £16.57 million the previous season - a couple of years ago (last figure I can find): https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-6mill

Danny Murphy on Mick on 19:26 - Feb 7 with 1791 viewsMaySixth

Danny Murphy on Mick on 18:44 - Feb 7 by PhilTWTD

re : Brentford, I am assuming that's wages? It's certainly not transfer fees.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Danny Murphy on Mick on 19:29 - Feb 7 with 1771 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Danny Murphy on Mick on 18:51 - Feb 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

You have to take into account that in recent years we have sold some players for decent profit. That is negative budget.
Danny Murphy on Mick on 19:35 - Feb 7 with 1737 viewsPhilTWTD

Danny Murphy on Mick on 19:26 - Feb 7 by MaySixth

re : Brentford, I am assuming that's wages? It's certainly not transfer fees.

Yeah, wages.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024