Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock book The Gaffer 09:42 - Feb 8 with 769 viewsSuperfrans

Just a quick tip - I picked this up on Kindle the other day (it's just 99pm at the moment) after someone posted about another of his books.

It's actually a brilliant read - a really interesting insight into a manager who (like him or not) has a lot in common with McCarthy and which refers to McCarthy several times throughout. They are obviously close.

I know a lot of people don't like Warnock, but as a guide to life as a manager in and around clubs of our size, it's really fascinating. And there's a whole section on his time at QPR obviously, when it was a bit of a basket case club. The section on how deadline day 2011 panned out is particularly fascinating (and gobsmacking in its randomness), as is the account of Anton Ferdinand's spat with John Terry.

Anyway, highly recommended. And for less than a quid, if you tend to read books on Kindle, it's worth grabbing while you can.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gaffer-Trials-Tribulations-Football-Manager-ebook/dp/B0

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Warnock book The Gaffer on 10:01 - Feb 8 with 705 viewsbluesym

Ive got both his books (in the traditional paper version!) and they are both fantastic reads.
Deffo changed my opinion of him, really would have loved him here at some point.Fantastic manager at this level.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024