Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Appleton? 15:04 - Feb 8 with 3387 viewsWacko

Was doing very well at Oxford, easily snatchable from Leicester.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Michael Appleton? on 15:13 - Feb 8 with 3358 viewsSWGF

Easily

Apart from the paying of compensation

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Michael Appleton? on 15:15 - Feb 8 with 3343 viewsWacko

Michael Appleton? on 15:13 - Feb 8 by SWGF

Easily

Apart from the paying of compensation

Which we'd get from Barnsley, plus I'm sure pressure from Appleton himself to keep it low

Michael Appleton? on 15:18 - Feb 8 with 3333 viewsKieran_Knows

Michael Appleton? on 15:15 - Feb 8 by Wacko

Which we'd get from Barnsley, plus I'm sure pressure from Appleton himself to keep it low

Mick has 4 and a half months left on his contract, I can't imagine we'd get much compensation at all for Mick.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Michael Appleton? on 16:45 - Feb 8 with 3231 viewsWacko

Michael Appleton? on 15:18 - Feb 8 by Kieran_Knows

Mick has 4 and a half months left on his contract, I can't imagine we'd get much compensation at all for Mick.

I agree, but nor would an assistant manager hungry for an opportunity to manage a Championship club. Was just replying to the facetious previous message.

Michael Appleton? on 16:47 - Feb 8 with 3225 viewsmaccyd9

Absolutely no chance he would come here.

I was listening to him the other night and he speaks very well. He ruled himself out of a return to Oxford and stated that an Assistant's role at a Prem club was something he wouldn't leave unless a Prem club came calling.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he wasn't the next Leicester manager.
Michael Appleton? on 16:51 - Feb 8 with 3212 viewschicoazul

Absolutely no way any sane person would leave a Leicester team who are going great guns and who will probably finish as the best of the rest this season (with a chance of making Europe) to come to our purgatorial wasteland.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Michael Appleton? on 16:52 - Feb 8 with 3207 viewsWacko

Michael Appleton? on 16:47 - Feb 8 by maccyd9

Absolutely no chance he would come here.

I was listening to him the other night and he speaks very well. He ruled himself out of a return to Oxford and stated that an Assistant's role at a Prem club was something he wouldn't leave unless a Prem club came calling.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he wasn't the next Leicester manager.

Fair enough if he said that, but pretty arrogant! I'd say he definitely needs more experience at Champ level

Michael Appleton? on 16:55 - Feb 8 with 3195 viewsWacko

Michael Appleton? on 16:51 - Feb 8 by chicoazul

Absolutely no way any sane person would leave a Leicester team who are going great guns and who will probably finish as the best of the rest this season (with a chance of making Europe) to come to our purgatorial wasteland.

Yeah like Paul Clement leaving Bayern for Swansea, Karanka leaving Real for Boro, Wagner leaving Dortmund for Huddersfield...

True about the wasteland though

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Appleton? on 16:58 - Feb 8 with 3188 viewschicoazul

Michael Appleton? on 16:55 - Feb 8 by Wacko

Yeah like Paul Clement leaving Bayern for Swansea, Karanka leaving Real for Boro, Wagner leaving Dortmund for Huddersfield...

True about the wasteland though

Fair comparison on the last one although Appleton is not the reserve team Manager at Leicester. The other two are silly comparisons.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Michael Appleton? on 17:03 - Feb 8 with 3177 viewsSWGF

Michael Appleton? on 16:45 - Feb 8 by Wacko

I agree, but nor would an assistant manager hungry for an opportunity to manage a Championship club. Was just replying to the facetious previous message.

Facetious? How much compensation has Evans paid for his previously-hired managers?

How do you know he's hungry for an opportunity to manage a Championship club?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Michael Appleton? on 17:04 - Feb 8 with 3176 viewsWacko

Michael Appleton? on 16:58 - Feb 8 by chicoazul

Fair comparison on the last one although Appleton is not the reserve team Manager at Leicester. The other two are silly comparisons.

Why silly? They were both assistant managers, and left to smaller clubs to pursue a career as a manager. Don't see why that's different to Appleton, who's also assistant manager. Except the jump from Leicester to Ipswich is far smaller.

Michael Appleton? on 17:07 - Feb 8 with 3172 viewschicoazul

Michael Appleton? on 17:04 - Feb 8 by Wacko

Why silly? They were both assistant managers, and left to smaller clubs to pursue a career as a manager. Don't see why that's different to Appleton, who's also assistant manager. Except the jump from Leicester to Ipswich is far smaller.

Boro and Swansea are both much bigger clubs than ours.

Also LOL at your last line. Going from the top echelons of the PL working with some of the best players in the country to the middle of the Championship working with Freddie Sears.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 17:08]

Michael Appleton? on 17:11 - Feb 8 with 3166 viewsWacko

Michael Appleton? on 17:03 - Feb 8 by SWGF

Facetious? How much compensation has Evans paid for his previously-hired managers?

How do you know he's hungry for an opportunity to manage a Championship club?

And how much success has that brought?

But anyway, you brought up compensation, which I believe will be negligible. I don't know if he's hungry or not (apparently not re post above), but if we approached him and he did want to come, then Leicester would hardly make the compensation a stumbling block.

So yes a little bit facetious if you think about the logic of your post.

Michael Appleton? on 17:15 - Feb 8 with 3158 viewsWacko

Michael Appleton? on 17:07 - Feb 8 by chicoazul

Boro and Swansea are both much bigger clubs than ours.

Also LOL at your last line. Going from the top echelons of the PL working with some of the best players in the country to the middle of the Championship working with Freddie Sears.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 17:08]

Come on, they're not much bigger - and things change quickly, look at Sunderland.

Not saying it's not a big jump, but much smaller than going from Ronaldo to George Friend.

Michael Appleton? on 17:20 - Feb 8 with 3150 viewschicoazul

Michael Appleton? on 17:15 - Feb 8 by Wacko

Come on, they're not much bigger - and things change quickly, look at Sunderland.

Not saying it's not a big jump, but much smaller than going from Ronaldo to George Friend.

Sorry my dawgie but they are, Swansea were even *in* the PL when Clement went there.

Michael Appleton? on 17:26 - Feb 8 with 3143 viewsWacko

Michael Appleton? on 17:20 - Feb 8 by chicoazul

Sorry my dawgie but they are, Swansea were even *in* the PL when Clement went there.

Yes, thanks, and they still *are*

But this is great, I think a guy who last managed Oxford Utd is a realistic appointment for us, whereas you don't. It's the beauty of football forums.

Michael Appleton? on 17:37 - Feb 8 with 3119 viewsipswich4life

would prefer bluey then him as manager
Michael Appleton? on 18:02 - Feb 8 with 3086 viewsSWGF

Michael Appleton? on 17:11 - Feb 8 by Wacko

And how much success has that brought?

But anyway, you brought up compensation, which I believe will be negligible. I don't know if he's hungry or not (apparently not re post above), but if we approached him and he did want to come, then Leicester would hardly make the compensation a stumbling block.

So yes a little bit facetious if you think about the logic of your post.

Having thought about my logic, I'll leave you to your one man Michael Appleton love-in.

Michael Appleton? on 18:25 - Feb 8 with 3049 viewsMaySixth

Just the type of manager we should be looking at and then you realise that Marcus Evans and Ian Milne are making the decisions.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Michael Appleton? on 18:42 - Feb 8 with 3038 viewsWacko

Michael Appleton? on 18:25 - Feb 8 by MaySixth

Just the type of manager we should be looking at and then you realise that Marcus Evans and Ian Milne are making the decisions.

Finally a sensible comment. And yes unless they change their attitude fast, these kinds of appointments are a pipe-dream

Michael Appleton? on 18:59 - Feb 8 with 3024 viewsitfcjoe

Michael Appleton? on 18:42 - Feb 8 by Wacko

Finally a sensible comment. And yes unless they change their attitude fast, these kinds of appointments are a pipe-dream

He went to Leicester to be Shakespeare’s assistant, so isn’t Puels guy either

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Michael Appleton? on 21:27 - Feb 8 with 2918 viewsSuperblue95

Michael Appleton? on 18:59 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

He went to Leicester to be Shakespeare’s assistant, so isn’t Puels guy either

I think anyone who leaves being a manager at a club where things are going well to being some other clubs number two just because they are in a better league and are offering more money shows a lack of ambition in my opinion.

He also left Blackpool after two months to take over at Blackburn so clearly loyalty isn't his thing either. Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024