Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... 11:30 - Feb 9 with 1825 viewsITFC_Forever

“Albion have finished in a record league position in its history in an amazing 15 of the 16 seasons he has been in charge here.”

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:35 - Feb 9 with 1812 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'd like to see Clough here. He had far too big expectations at Derby having to live in his father's shadow.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:39 - Feb 9 with 1788 viewsKeno

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:35 - Feb 9 by GlasgowBlue

I'd like to see Clough here. He had far too big expectations at Derby having to live in his father's shadow.

Glassers I have often said you are a wise and learned man

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:43 - Feb 9 with 1773 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:39 - Feb 9 by Keno

Glassers I have often said you are a wise and learned man

So have I Keno but no one listens :-)

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:46 - Feb 9 with 1762 viewsm14_blue

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:35 - Feb 9 by GlasgowBlue

He'd be top of my list.

Done an astounding job at Burton and seems like a decent character too.
That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:51 - Feb 9 with 1740 viewsFixed_It

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:43 - Feb 9 by GlasgowBlue

So have I Keno but no one listens :-)

Did someone just say something?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:55 - Feb 9 with 1733 viewsSteve_M

Yes, I was thinking similar reading Harry's notes. I suspect that experience at Derby will have improved him as a manager though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:58 - Feb 9 with 1721 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

He was criticised for his tactical inflexibility at Derby along with stubbornly sticking with certain players and systems (sounds familiar), but that was a time when they were shopping in L1 & L2 rather than the riches they have now, so it's difficult to judge really.

I wouldn't be against him being appointed, as I think he's better than Burton Albion but he's got a good thing going there & absolutely loved by everyone at that club.

He wouldn't be the most exciting of options but would be one of the most sensible
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 11:59]
That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 13:17 - Feb 9 with 1602 viewsSWGF

At least he'll be used to relegation battles, should he be appointed.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 14:20 - Feb 9 with 1540 viewsitfcjoe

Like a real life game of Football Manager

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 14:20 - Feb 9 with 1535 viewsitfcjoe

That's some achievement (Clough at Burton, pinched from the Busy One)... on 11:55 - Feb 9 by Steve_M

Yes, I was thinking similar reading Harry's notes. I suspect that experience at Derby will have improved him as a manager though.

What about his spell at Sheff U?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024