Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick's planning on staying then. 13:29 - Feb 9 with 13025 viewsArcher4721

Excellent news.
Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:37 - Feb 9 with 5813 viewsNo9

Why is it?
Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:40 - Feb 9 with 5779 viewsArcher4721

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:37 - Feb 9 by No9

Why is it?

Stability....Gives the youngsters a real chance to come through plus he's very respected by all the staff at the club.
Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:43 - Feb 9 with 5731 viewsNo9

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:40 - Feb 9 by Archer4721

Stability....Gives the youngsters a real chance to come through plus he's very respected by all the staff at the club.

I'm not sure I would agree at all with the first part of your response & don't know enough about the second part to comment.
I would however ask; how low do you thin ST sales & gate receipts get before the Owner considers the financial consequences of keeping MM in charge of team management is not longer sustainable?
Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:44 - Feb 9 with 5711 viewsKieran_Knows

That's another season ticket holder they've lost then.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:47 - Feb 9 with 5679 viewsBenters2

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:44 - Feb 9 by Kieran_Knows

That's another season ticket holder they've lost then.

grumpy
Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:47 - Feb 9 with 5673 viewsArcher4721

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:43 - Feb 9 by No9

I'm not sure I would agree at all with the first part of your response & don't know enough about the second part to comment.
I would however ask; how low do you thin ST sales & gate receipts get before the Owner considers the financial consequences of keeping MM in charge of team management is not longer sustainable?

All this blaming ST sales & gate receipts on MM is a smokescreen. It's the cost of attending a football match these days which is keeping people away....nothing else.
Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:48 - Feb 9 with 5658 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:47 - Feb 9 by Benters2

grumpy

Ha, just a bit fed up with it all Benters!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:48 - Feb 9 with 5650 viewsunbelievablue

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:47 - Feb 9 by Archer4721

All this blaming ST sales & gate receipts on MM is a smokescreen. It's the cost of attending a football match these days which is keeping people away....nothing else.

No, it's more complicated than that. You must lead a very sheltered life to assume everything is to do with cost.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Login to get fewer ads

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:48 - Feb 9 with 5648 viewschicoazul

Nope. It's because the team doesnt win many matches and isnt in the Premier League. We would sell out every week if we were top.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:49 - Feb 9 with 5627 viewsskyblue23

He hasn't said he's staying at all. He said he is still to meet with the club, meaning they haven't mentioned anything to him about extending his stay for the extra 2 years. He is just covering his ego by saying he will decide at the end of the season. He doesn't have a choice if the club don't want him, he's out of contract!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:50 - Feb 9 with 5619 viewsBenters2

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:48 - Feb 9 by Kieran_Knows

Ha, just a bit fed up with it all Benters!

We find ourselves in a odd place regarding the future of this club.
Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:50 - Feb 9 with 5619 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

If this is confirmed before ST sales start, I think they'll realise this is a big mistake. Can't see too many of the 10k remaining deciding to renew.
Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:50 - Feb 9 with 5618 viewsArcher4721

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:48 - Feb 9 by chicoazul

Nope. It's because the team doesnt win many matches and isnt in the Premier League. We would sell out every week if we were top.

Then those people aren't ITFC fans surely?
Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:52 - Feb 9 with 5581 viewsArcher4721

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:48 - Feb 9 by unbelievablue

No, it's more complicated than that. You must lead a very sheltered life to assume everything is to do with cost.

Oooo I must've touched a nerve...Sorry.
Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:54 - Feb 9 with 5537 viewsBenters2

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:50 - Feb 9 by Archer4721

Then those people aren't ITFC fans surely?

Fans/supporters/followers tricky one isnt it hmm?
Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:57 - Feb 9 with 5495 viewsNo9

I agree cost is part of the problem
But in reality you can't sell a Kia at Mercedes prices.
The division in general plays crap football &, lets face it Town are among the worst.
And to pick up on your point again, do you really think if they reduced the ticket (considerably) prices do you think enough people would come through the turnstailes to compensate for the discounts?
I don't
Mick's planning on staying then. on 14:01 - Feb 9 with 5449 viewsBenters2

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:57 - Feb 9 by No9

I agree cost is part of the problem
But in reality you can't sell a Kia at Mercedes prices.
The division in general plays crap football &, lets face it Town are among the worst.
And to pick up on your point again, do you really think if they reduced the ticket (considerably) prices do you think enough people would come through the turnstailes to compensate for the discounts?
I don't

I am doing Norwich and that will be it for this season,ive seen a few people say that.
Mick's planning on staying then. on 14:02 - Feb 9 with 5442 viewsNo9

Mick's planning on staying then. on 14:01 - Feb 9 by Benters2

I am doing Norwich and that will be it for this season,ive seen a few people say that.

You are however giving money to the budgies
Mick's planning on staying then. on 14:05 - Feb 9 with 5408 viewshowdonblue

Really !

What planet are you from
Mick's planning on staying then. on 14:07 - Feb 9 with 5392 viewsSuperfrans

Mick's planning on staying then. on 13:50 - Feb 9 by No_Moore_Kieffer

If this is confirmed before ST sales start, I think they'll realise this is a big mistake. Can't see too many of the 10k remaining deciding to renew.

The vast majority of the 10k will renew. Last summer, many were predicting season tickets below 10k and that didn't happen.

It is possible that Evans will renew McCarthy's contract, and perhaps using a loosening of the pursestrings to get in some new faces and raise excitement levels that. Unlikely, but still possible.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mick's planning on staying then. on 14:16 - Feb 9 with 5317 viewsstig4532

As a fan, I religiously turn up to every home game with my season ticket to watch Mick McCarthy's football. It's not an enjoyable sight, although games like the home game vs. Sunderland gave me hope that the style of play and attitudes were beginning to change.

However, if Mick stays after this season, I won't be renewing. The fans want a fresh approach. MM is very wrong to call us the noisy minority. Why do you think the typical home attendance is below 14,000? There's no energy in the club.

I would personally love to see Maurice Steijn take over from MM.

Time for a new approach with a new manager to spend the money we've got from offloading players this season.

But thank you for the amazing playoff season Mick - credit where it's due, on our budget we never expected to be up there. Shame we didn't go all the way but that's football I guess.

P.S. great to see Skuse get a new contract - he's my favourite player.
Mick's planning on staying then. on 14:24 - Feb 9 with 5261 viewswitchdoctor

yeah right...of course its the cost,,,not!!!!...guys on here regulary fail to give away free tickets...
Mick's planning on staying then. on 14:25 - Feb 9 with 5253 viewsHerbivore

I'm one of those who thinks Mick has done a good job here and I'll defend him against the needless and frankly quite nasty abuse that a section of the support doles out to him. However, he needs to go. Too many of the fans want him gone and won't turn back from that and it makes for a horrible atmosphere at times and that is counterproductive. I'm not convinced he can take us forward again, he seems to have lost a bit of drive and passion probably as a result of being told his football is sh!t by his own fans on a fairly regular basis. That's not good for the club, he's leaving a decent squad but I'd prefer to see some fresh blood come in to try to get the best out of them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick's planning on staying then. on 14:33 - Feb 9 with 5193 viewsGlasgowBlue

Meh.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mick's planning on staying then. on 14:43 - Feb 9 with 5118 viewsskyblue23

Mick's planning on staying then. on 14:24 - Feb 9 by witchdoctor

yeah right...of course its the cost,,,not!!!!...guys on here regulary fail to give away free tickets...

Send me the free tickets, I'd go again. I'll happily pay again once Mick has gone.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024