Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. 09:25 - Feb 11 with 2467 viewsBluebell

By coincidence I was talking about being a neutral at games to Mr Bluebell on our way home yesterday.

He went to several in his younger days when he was on courses with work in other parts of the country.

My question was "who do you support"? He said neither team if he had no connection with them and just enjoyed the football.

I 'HAVE' to want a team to win even when I am watching football on the telly. Usually it is the underdog I want to win or the team that are losing.

What do other people think?
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 09:32 - Feb 11 with 2435 viewsPJH

I have rarely been to a football match as a neutral.
I very occasionally went to Naarwich but would want whoever they were playing to win of course.
I went to a couple of games at Reading as a neutral when I was on a course there and also went to games at Notts F and Leicester when on courses nearby.
I did go to a Wolves v WBA game in the 1960's but my uncles were Wolves fans so I sort of had a leaning towards them-hell of a night though it was a 3-3 draw,Wolves keeper sent off for chasing the referee to half way disputing a goal and about 55000 in Molyneux.

If I watch Man U on TV I want whoever they are playing to win(unless it is them from Norfolk of course).
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 09:32 - Feb 11 with 2435 viewsblueislander

I am pretty much with you on that, which is why I don't watch much football on TV, plus I find The Premier and The Champions Leagues quite unpalatable because of the obscene amounts of money involved. But like your better half , when younger, I did go to matches with mates just for the craik.
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 09:36 - Feb 11 with 2427 viewsstrikalite

Sometimes watch Peterborough which is a ten minute walk from my house here, because I'm obviously a Town fan I can quite honestly say that I'm not fussed about the result really, just watch the game for what it is, I'll go to see Marriott and Taylor if anything....

Nothing like watching Town, that's a different ball game...

Oh yeah and I having a bet on one side or the other seems to raise my interest too, think that's what a lot of people do now, was sitting at a mates house last week and we both had money on a result, which actually spoils the game somewhat too..
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 09:37 - Feb 11 with 2422 viewsMaySixth

Agree

It still amazes me Fulham have a neutral end

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 09:44 - Feb 11 with 2402 viewsblueislander

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 09:37 - Feb 11 by MaySixth

Agree

It still amazes me Fulham have a neutral end

When living in London, I did occasionally go to Craven Cottage when they had Best, Marsh , and Moore playing for them.
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 09:50 - Feb 11 with 2389 viewsLord_Lucan

Good thread.

I would have to want a team to win.

Out of the obvious derbys in my brain at the moment it would be.

West Ham
Birmingham
Sheff U
Everton
Spurs
Bristol Rovers
WBA
Forest
Sunderland
Luton
Portsmouth

I think the only one where I really couldn't care is The Mancs
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 10:02]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 10:44 - Feb 11 with 2321 viewsBluebell

I hate Man U so will support any team they are playing. My father’s team was Arsenal so always want them to win.

I will also support any team playing against Norwich even if it is Leeds!
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 10:47 - Feb 11 with 2318 viewsJ2BLUE

Same. Sometimes i'll have a bet on one team to make it a bit more interesting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 11:50 - Feb 11 with 2264 viewsFtnfwest

I’ve watched a few games as a neutral over the years and just enjoy the occasion, sometimes but not always favouring one team over the other.Arsenal v Huddersfield was the last one which ended 5-0 to Arsenal and was just entertaining because they played very well. Watch a lot of Italian and German games on tv and only probably one in 3 or 4 do I really favour one team. I’ve always followed Milan’s results over the years for instance so try to watch them when they’re on, and Lazio a bit. German games are always pretty good, quite like Leipzig.
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 11:53 - Feb 11 with 2256 viewsLord_Lucan

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 10:44 - Feb 11 by Bluebell

I hate Man U so will support any team they are playing. My father’s team was Arsenal so always want them to win.

It's a really interesting post BB, take a Haribo from the jar.

I wonder how everyone else sways with my own thoughts.

West Ham
Birmingham
Sheff U
Everton
Spurs
Bristol Rovers
WBA
Forest
Sunderland
Luton
Portsmouth

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 11:57 - Feb 11 with 2245 viewsBenters2

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 10:44 - Feb 11 by Bluebell

I dont mind Leeds .

But and this is a big Butt,if i lived closer to London i would defo go and watch Millwall.
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 12:01 - Feb 11 with 2239 viewsstrikalite

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 11:57 - Feb 11 by Benters2

I dont mind Leeds .

But and this is a big Butt,if i lived closer to London i would defo go and watch Millwall.

You got this Villa v Brum game on ba? Just kicking off, proper atmosphere..
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 12:05 - Feb 11 with 2234 viewsFtnfwest

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 11:57 - Feb 11 by Benters2

I dont mind Leeds .

Proper geezer
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 12:15 - Feb 11 with 2216 viewsBenters2

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 12:01 - Feb 11 by strikalite

I have.
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 12:34 - Feb 11 with 2192 viewsBluebell

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 12:01 - Feb 11 by strikalite

This game is proving my point.

I want Birmingham to win because they are the underdogs.
Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 12:40 - Feb 11 with 2188 viewsstrikalite

Seeing Rommy's thread about Villa/Brum.. on 12:34 - Feb 11 by Bluebell

This game is proving my point.

I want Birmingham to win because they are the underdogs.

Think most are like that, whatever the sport, unless you have a connection or something with the fav...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024