Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick. 13:43 - Feb 11 with 2307 viewsirishtim

Have always respected you through Ireland and all. But please resign now.
Mick. on 13:51 - Feb 11 with 2281 viewsBloomBlue

Why should he resign if he thinks hes doing a good job? would you resign from a job if you thought you were doing a good job
Mick. on 15:25 - Feb 11 with 2228 viewsOsborneOneNil

Mick. on 13:51 - Feb 11 by BloomBlue

Why should he resign if he thinks hes doing a good job? would you resign from a job if you thought you were doing a good job

Do you think he’s doing a good job?
Mick. on 15:32 - Feb 11 with 2212 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

A week ago you were saying he should get at least another year. If we beat Norwich next week you'll be suggesting he gets a 10 year contract!
Mick. on 16:50 - Feb 11 with 2156 viewsBlueBadger

Mick. on 15:25 - Feb 11 by OsborneOneNil

He's done a mostly solid-to-good job given the circumstances he's had to work under for most of the time for for not really very much appreciation. I suspect he made a bit of a rod for his own back with the spectacular performance for most of 2014/5 which may have overinflated some expectations. But he probably should go at the end of the season now, it's last days of Magilton scenario here.
I'm not in favour of him going now as, if Evans' history suggests we won't look to take another club's manager we'll be scouring the dole queue again, and the candidates out there aren't over-promising.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 17:44]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick. on 21:51 - Feb 11 with 2077 viewsBloomBlue

It's not about what you/I think my point is if Mick thinks he's doing a good job why should he resign
Mick. on 09:59 - Feb 12 with 1971 viewsCurrie10

You going to give him the compensation he'll forfeit by doing your suggestion?
Mick. on 10:07 - Feb 12 with 1948 viewsNo9

Mick. on 21:51 - Feb 11 by BloomBlue

It's not about what you/I think my point is if Mick thinks he's doing a good job why should he resign

It is inconceivable, given the size of his ego, that MM could ever even consider he may not be 'the' top manager let alone not doing a good job.
Mick. on 10:13 - Feb 12 with 1934 viewsCurrie10

This will wind up everyone on here, but to me - yes, he's doing a very good job.

Our budget isn't going to get us top 6 most seasons.

The bookies put us in a relegation battle this season - it's never happened. We've been nowhere near relegation the entire term.

He's signed absolute gems like Garner+Waghorn for sod all. Celina this years loan star - Fraser / Lawrence in years gone by. Would many other managers be able to secure such a stellar loanee? Not sure they would.

The injury pile this season really SHOULD have seen us a lot lower down. Absolutely laughable how depleted we've been.

We'll never know HOW this season could have gone if various players had been fit all season. I mean sure, McGoldrick/ Hyam/ Bishop were always likely based on previous years to be fun and games. We all knew it was never going to be a full season for the 3 of them sadly - and there's a reasonable chance none will be here next season.

However, I don't think we could have foreseen Huws / Adeyemi / Dozzell

This isn't even taking into account Webster / Nydam / Downes / and god knows how many other injury issues we've had this season.

Granted, the footy is crap and it really brings things home a lot more to the surface with your Mick's, Warnock's, Big Sam managers like this.

However, I think when you take all things into consideration - he's done a very good job this season.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 10:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Mick. on 10:48 - Feb 12 with 1899 viewsWickets

When a manager goes public with this is a huge game for us and his team fail to turn up against a bottom of the league team that has lost its last game !!!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024