Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? 12:13 - Feb 13 with 16942 viewsGavTWTD

If Town lose by a large margin, which is a real fear of mine, it may be a tipping point for some and even more of our fanbase will want him out. Marcus Evans is "aware of the rift" which would get ever wider.

Also, on the flip side, would it win over some fans if we thrash them at their place?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:14 - Feb 13 with 7106 viewsDanTheMan

Any win would only give a little respite before the next bad game, whereas a loss would compound the issues.

I could see him going if we lose heavily to Norwich, but I cannot see him staying beyond the end of the season.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:17 - Feb 13 with 7084 viewsIllinoisblue

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:14 - Feb 13 by DanTheMan

Any win would only give a little respite before the next bad game, whereas a loss would compound the issues.

I could see him going if we lose heavily to Norwich, but I cannot see him staying beyond the end of the season.

A win will only paper over the cracks, but I’d take that in a heartbeat. About time we smashed them.

I don’t think Evans has the desire to make a decisive move on Mick should we lose. He’ll send out the puppet Milne to make another meaningless statement.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:19 - Feb 13 with 7050 viewsurbanblue

I reckon when he leaves it may happen when we least expect it. Remember ME sacked Magic after we had beaten Norwich. It will be a decision reached on more then just the last result I would think.
Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:20 - Feb 13 with 7044 viewsGuthrum

If he is sacked this weekend, I feel the decision has already been taken, irrespective of what happens on Sunday. A big win might delay the process (tho it didn't with Magilton). All depends if there is someone already lined up to replace McCarthy. Doubt he'd go just leaving Connor as caretaker for the final third of the season.

Yes, the atmosphere would improve markedly if we win playing well (even if the margin is just one or two goals). Tho for a section of the fans, nothing on earth, short of actual promotion, could improve their opinion of McCarthy now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:21 - Feb 13 with 7011 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:22 - Feb 13 with 7018 viewsIllinoisblue

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:19 - Feb 13 by urbanblue

I reckon when he leaves it may happen when we least expect it. Remember ME sacked Magic after we had beaten Norwich. It will be a decision reached on more then just the last result I would think.

Thinking back to Jim getting sacked... can’t recall if there was any speculation as to when he would be getting the boot and/or if Keane was ever rumooured on here.

I do recall the Star doing a front page hit on Magilton but not sure of the timing relative to his departure

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:22 - Feb 13 with 7004 viewsReuser_is_God

Win lose or draw on Sunday I can’t see anything other than Mick being here until end of the season.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:25 - Feb 13 with 6968 viewsGuthrum

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:22 - Feb 13 by Illinoisblue

Thinking back to Jim getting sacked... can’t recall if there was any speculation as to when he would be getting the boot and/or if Keane was ever rumooured on here.

I do recall the Star doing a front page hit on Magilton but not sure of the timing relative to his departure

From what I recall, there was a definite feeling that things were coming to an end (much as now). Tho there was no indication change was actually imminent. And Keane was a bolt from the blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:26 - Feb 13 with 6956 viewsmaccyd9

There is no way possible that ME sacks Mick, regardless of performance, result or anything else that you'd think might contribute. I don't just mean Sunday either.

Mick is here til the end of the season unless Mick decides otherwise and by all accounts ME is desperate for Mick to stay beyond this season.
Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:26 - Feb 13 with 6959 viewsSuperblue95

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:20 - Feb 13 by Guthrum

If he is sacked this weekend, I feel the decision has already been taken, irrespective of what happens on Sunday. A big win might delay the process (tho it didn't with Magilton). All depends if there is someone already lined up to replace McCarthy. Doubt he'd go just leaving Connor as caretaker for the final third of the season.

Yes, the atmosphere would improve markedly if we win playing well (even if the margin is just one or two goals). Tho for a section of the fans, nothing on earth, short of actual promotion, could improve their opinion of McCarthy now.

Even promotion wouldn't change a lot of fans opinion of McCarthy. Even during the play off season there was plenty of discontent towards him.

Plenty has happened since then to make the damage irrepairable for many

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:27 - Feb 13 with 6948 viewsRegencyBlue

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:17 - Feb 13 by Illinoisblue

A win will only paper over the cracks, but I’d take that in a heartbeat. About time we smashed them.

I don’t think Evans has the desire to make a decisive move on Mick should we lose. He’ll send out the puppet Milne to make another meaningless statement.

Win lose or draw the problems will all still be there.

It would be nice for a few days however to enjoy a victory, which would severely dent their play off hopes if nothing else!
Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:29 - Feb 13 with 6926 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we could lose 5-0 and his job would be safe.

ME won't sack him and MM won't walk.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:30 - Feb 13 with 6917 viewsGuthrum

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:26 - Feb 13 by Superblue95

Even promotion wouldn't change a lot of fans opinion of McCarthy. Even during the play off season there was plenty of discontent towards him.

Plenty has happened since then to make the damage irrepairable for many

I think if we actually got into the Prem (not just making the play-offs), then a lot would be forgiven. There will always be some for whom he can never be acceptable (including those who have not liked or wanted him here from the start).

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:31 - Feb 13 with 6916 viewsurbanblue

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:25 - Feb 13 by Guthrum

From what I recall, there was a definite feeling that things were coming to an end (much as now). Tho there was no indication change was actually imminent. And Keane was a bolt from the blue.

The press all said that it was the teams failure to make the play offs that resulted in his sacking.

How expectations have changed eh!
Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:31 - Feb 13 with 6902 viewshype313

I think Marcus is desperate to keep Mick come what may.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:32 - Feb 13 with 6894 viewsGuthrum

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:17 - Feb 13 by Illinoisblue

Perhaps Evans himself has no confidence that another manager can do a similar job on the money he can (or is willing to) give him? Maybe the owner is also afraid of the consequences of change?

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:34 - Feb 13 with 6878 viewsNazemariner

Win or lose Mick McCarthy will continue to suck the creative instincts out of his players through his chosen style of play.

Only an idiot would want for a heavy defeat in the hope that it would lead to Evans wielding the axe, but a silver lining it would certainly be.
Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:35 - Feb 13 with 6860 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:32 - Feb 13 by Guthrum

Perhaps Evans himself has no confidence that another manager can do a similar job on the money he can (or is willing to) give him? Maybe the owner is also afraid of the consequences of change?

I have wondered if he is happy enough in this league and just want to put enough in that we don't go down.

This is basically EPL2 now in all but name and the division is packed with big clubs who have a decent history or have had recent success. Maybe mixing with the likes of Forest, Sheff Wed, Villa, Sunderland and Leeds etc is enough for him?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:36 - Feb 13 with 6851 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

No chance when he can lose him for nothing in 3 months time.

He didn't sack him when we were embarrassed by Lincoln in front of a larger audience last year.

If we do win, he will take great enjoyment from telling us he does know what he is doing.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:38 - Feb 13 with 6828 viewsIpswichKnight

I fear MM is here until the end of the season regardless of the result, it's not going to be pretty we will be awful to watch with no creativity and huge hoofs towards the corners that will just lose us what little possesion we did have.
Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:38 - Feb 13 with 6826 viewsCurrie10

No due to compensation being owed / January being passed etc.

A win may help somewhat - but think most want him out even if we win 20-0.
Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:40 - Feb 13 with 6801 viewsGuthrum

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:31 - Feb 13 by urbanblue

The press all said that it was the teams failure to make the play offs that resulted in his sacking.

How expectations have changed eh!

Yes, the fact we were continually falling a bit short.

However, at that time, apart from two seasons, Ipswich had been in or in touch with the play-offs (even promoted for a couple) ever since the relegation 15 years before. We hadn't yet experienced the string of lower-mid-table finishes under Keane and Jewell which made last season seem a return to the norm after a brief flirtation with the top six.

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:41 - Feb 13 with 6793 viewsJohnny_Boy

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:29 - Feb 13 by J2BLUE

I think we could lose 5-0 and his job would be safe.

ME won't sack him and MM won't walk.

Didn't somebody already roughly work out the hypothetical % of paying off his remaining contract (to the Summer).... The estimate didn't sound that much. £500k or thereabouts.

If it was in the millions, I'd agree with Evans' concerns.
Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:41 - Feb 13 with 6795 viewschicoazul

No chance. If we get thrashed "well we have a lot of players out at the moment and we are doing well to compete on the budget we have", if we just lose then he will leave the part out about lots of players being out. Either way he will continue on his merry way and sign his extension. McCarthy is the Wenger of the Championship.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is it possible that Mick will be sacked this weekend? on 12:41 - Feb 13 with 6792 viewsFootballpete

My guess is that Mick will definitely leave at the end of the season. His replacement will be paid significantly less and that Evans will himself be gone by then end of next season having sold the club.

Just a guess.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024