Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point do the fans become involved? 14:10 - Feb 13 with 50530 viewsFinidiCentenary

I remember a few years ago people expressing concerns over Evans and McCarthy. Even in the playoff season we were average to poor for the second half of the season and scraped in the playoffs on the final day after being top on Boxing Day. We have been terrible to watch for close to two years and only a small part of that has seen us picking up decent results.

Boxing Day 2014. It's over 3 years now since we've been regularly enjoyable to watch. 3 YEARS of Mick's 5 year reign. I know loyal fans who quit two seasons ago even when we were getting results because the football was so awful to sit through.

Yet we've seen nothing from the fans. I always assumed there would be, in a situation like this, a progression.

Fans unhappy / Fans very unhappy / Fans protesting / Fans boycotting / Fans disappearing for good

But we seem to have missed a stage. Fans have gone from being bored, unhappy and dismayed to just leaving altogether. No ST renewals, no returning. Gone.

At what stage do we get involved. Milne can say that Evans is aware of the rift but McCarthy is still giving it the big 'I might still be around'. It's preposterous.

I've seen plenty of mates who have followed the town for decades home and away just stop. Most haven't missed it. Most won't come back until Mick is gone. A large number of those I still see in the ground won't be back next year if Mick is here.

So what do the rest of us do. There's such an air of acceptance that people aren't even protesting, coming in late, walking out early, persistent chanting like with Jewell and Keane. It's like the club has sucked the passion from the fans so severely we can't even be bothered to protest.

I'd rather it was all going well on and off the pitch. But it isn't. Seems to me that we'll lose another 2,000 ST holders quietly before anybody actually does anything. If it's still this bad by the next home game I really hope people start acting.

I remember Duncan out chants. I remember protests. I remember fans on the pitch (I think after a 2-0 home defeat to Coventry when Wright made his debut or shortly after). I remember bed sheets (lol). I remember 'Sort it out' chants. We've had a few half hearted 'You're football is sh*t chants'. That's it.

We aren't going up or down. It can't make the players perform any worse than they were against Burton. Should we inevitably lose to Norwich now is the time for people to actually let Evans know how we feel. His image is something he cares about.

Losing 2,000 ST holders last year didn't work. Fans being disgruntled and breaking the lowest crowd record doesn't work. He's pumping £6m in. He's not really bothered about losing a few hundred grand next year is he.

The only thing that will work is bringing attention to the fact we consider him to be the bigger problem. Until we actually start having a voice and doing something, rather than accepting the status quo, the sooner we have a chance of getting our club back.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 14:14]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:16 - Feb 13 with 4874 viewshomer_123

At what point do the fans become involved? on 14:58 - Feb 13 by longtimefan

If someone offered ME £20M he’d bite their arms off.

Which would probably result in the offer being withdrawn.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:26 - Feb 13 with 4872 viewsIllinoisblue

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:01 - Feb 13 by Benters2

I wasnt talking about you

fair enough; just getting my iFollow super-fan credentials out there for all to see!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:32 - Feb 13 with 4860 viewsBluefish

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:01 - Feb 13 by Benters2

I wasnt talking about you

Go on then benters tell them who it was.......

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:52 - Feb 13 with 4842 viewsGuthrum

At what point do the fans become involved? on 15:30 - Feb 13 by Radlett_blue

ITFC, like most assets, is worth what someone else is prepared to pay.
The money Evans has already "invested" or lost is irrelevant. He knows he will have to write off the debts owed by Town to MEG to make Town saleable. I believe Evans is open to offers, but think he is holding out for £20m+, which may be a bit steep given declining home gates & the fact that a new owner will have to be willing to fund annual operating losses of >£5m if Town are to be anywhere near competitive.
Also, Evans doesn't have to sell, but he will have to be willing to keep losing £5m or so a year & also watch Town's sale value decline as crowds continue to fall.

If he doesn't have to sell, may be prepared to wait for a better deal. Plus the number of clubs not already bought up is also a diminshing resource.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 16:53]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:52 - Feb 13 with 4840 viewsBenters2

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:26 - Feb 13 by Illinoisblue

fair enough; just getting my iFollow super-fan credentials out there for all to see!

Oh bravo.
At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:54 - Feb 13 with 4832 viewsBenters2

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:32 - Feb 13 by Bluefish

Go on then benters tell them who it was.......

Is it you?
At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:05 - Feb 13 with 4819 viewsBluefish

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:54 - Feb 13 by Benters2

Is it you?

That depends on how stupid you really are

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:14 - Feb 13 with 4805 viewsBenters2

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:05 - Feb 13 by Bluefish

So thats a no then?

What was Texty on about the other day then?
Login to get fewer ads

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:20 - Feb 13 with 4779 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:05 - Feb 13 by Bluefish

Really, really, really stupid.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:20 - Feb 13 with 4789 viewsNo9

At what point do the fans become involved? on 14:42 - Feb 13 by Basuco

"someone would buy it" I am sure there are not many potential owners just waiting to pump millions of pounds into the bottomless football money pit. You know as well as the rest of us do that this is not going to happen, so just sit back and wait until the end of the season and see what happens. Anything else is just plain stupid.

Oh, I don't know. The FA isn't to fussy about who owns football clubs.
There maybe some bloke from a far flung place who needs to launder money- you never know.
At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:22 - Feb 13 with 4779 viewsGlasgowBlue

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:20 - Feb 13 by No9

Oh, I don't know. The FA isn't to fussy about who owns football clubs.
There maybe some bloke from a far flung place who needs to launder money- you never know.

Bloody foreigners coming over here and taking all our clubs!!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:28 - Feb 13 with 4766 viewsBenters2

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:20 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

Really, really, really stupid.

I may be stupid but i dont lie like you.
At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:46 - Feb 13 with 4757 viewsKeaneish

Your points are bang on. I'm not sure why there's such fear about demonstrating or boycotting. I have no idea what people are afraid of. The common rhetoric is that Evans puts money to keep us afloat. So what? Doesn't have anything to do with the way we perceive him to run the club, which none of us are happy about. Another opinion you'll find is that we'll look stupid boyoctting given where we are in the league. Why? It doesn't have to get really bad in the table to protest. The more constant is that MM is over achieving on a little budget. So what? I'm sure he would be the prime beneficiary if we did spur ME into some kind of action.

Would it get worse after a protest? Yeah, maybe it could but id rather that than not do anything at all. Its limp, weak and sadly pathetic that we can't mobilise ourselves into some kind of action given how many are staying away now.

Who cares if they (including me) aren't deemed as real supporters by some because we don't turn up week in week out to have a beer with our mates. I'm in full support of anyone who can give up a passion for the sake of wanting better for the mass rather than waiting to see what happens. I'm getting older, not younger and i want our club to achieve, which means promotion and i'm prepared to make sacrifices rather than maintain the status quo.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:49 - Feb 13 with 4743 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:46 - Feb 13 by Keaneish

Your points are bang on. I'm not sure why there's such fear about demonstrating or boycotting. I have no idea what people are afraid of. The common rhetoric is that Evans puts money to keep us afloat. So what? Doesn't have anything to do with the way we perceive him to run the club, which none of us are happy about. Another opinion you'll find is that we'll look stupid boyoctting given where we are in the league. Why? It doesn't have to get really bad in the table to protest. The more constant is that MM is over achieving on a little budget. So what? I'm sure he would be the prime beneficiary if we did spur ME into some kind of action.

Would it get worse after a protest? Yeah, maybe it could but id rather that than not do anything at all. Its limp, weak and sadly pathetic that we can't mobilise ourselves into some kind of action given how many are staying away now.

Who cares if they (including me) aren't deemed as real supporters by some because we don't turn up week in week out to have a beer with our mates. I'm in full support of anyone who can give up a passion for the sake of wanting better for the mass rather than waiting to see what happens. I'm getting older, not younger and i want our club to achieve, which means promotion and i'm prepared to make sacrifices rather than maintain the status quo.

This pretending to be some sort of martyr sacrificing yourself for the greater good is really tiresome. You just don't want to go anymore, and that's fine. I also like how your first paragraph basically reinforces that we have nothing really to protest about but we should protest anyway.

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:49 - Feb 13 with 4742 viewsBluefish

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:14 - Feb 13 by Benters2

So thats a no then?

What was Texty on about the other day then?

Why don't you ask him and try not to talk uninformed rubbish for change

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:49 - Feb 13 with 4745 viewsDubtractor

At what point do the fans become involved? on 15:15 - Feb 13 by Steve_M

New user name, same desperate fishing for up arrows.

Average to poor for the second half of 2014-15? Over the top revisionism, home form was very good, away good to middling. It wasn't as good as the few months previously but a small squad caught up with us as players lost form.

I can't be bothered critiquing the rest.

Why do people keep using new usernames?

I really don't get it at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:50 - Feb 13 with 4741 viewstextbackup

At what point do the fans become involved? on 14:27 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

What exactly are you protesting against? The manager? He's overachieved relative to his budget every year except last where he finished pretty much par. The owner? He's chucking in £6m a year just to keep us afloat and vaguely competitive. We'd look very silly boycotting a game, we're 12th in the league and very stable and boring, it's not the disaster some people want to paint it as. It surprises me that anyone who can look at our situation with even a shred of objectivity thinks that an actual organised protest will do anything other than makes us look like a bunch of idiots.

I think I've just been sick a little bit reading this. pathetic and weak

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:52 - Feb 13 with 4730 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:50 - Feb 13 by textbackup

You're calling me pathetic? Oh the irony. Seriously, what is the protest about? That we're a mid table second tier side?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:54 - Feb 13 with 4733 viewsBenters2

Jeez i missed that!
At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:55 - Feb 13 with 4728 viewsBluefish

He is in the money with the post. He isn't saying it is rosy, he is saying it is reality. Add in the fact that Mick is gone in the summer and that our owner would like to sell if he could and what exactly is there to protest about?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 18:09 - Feb 13 with 4714 viewsBloomBlue

At what point do the fans become involved? on 14:25 - Feb 13 by Bluefish

So without a buyer his choice would be plug the losses even further or wind the club up.

Sounds a great plan

If I was him i would close it down.
At what point do the fans become involved? on 18:14 - Feb 13 with 4706 viewsBenters2

At what point do the fans become involved? on 18:09 - Feb 13 by BloomBlue

If I was him i would close it down.

Yeah sod it im going to watch Millwall.
At what point do the fans become involved? on 18:16 - Feb 13 with 4701 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:28 - Feb 13 by Benters2

I may be stupid but i dont lie like you.

You lied the other day!

At what point do the fans become involved? on 19:26 - Feb 13 with 4679 viewsBlueBadger

At what point do the fans become involved? on 15:52 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

Can't say I have noticed him before mate. Doubt I'll notice him again.

Has Archer been sighted recently, I'm sure that he's not due a new username and that this a totally new person.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 19:39]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 20:30 - Feb 13 with 4645 viewsBluedandy

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:49 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

This pretending to be some sort of martyr sacrificing yourself for the greater good is really tiresome. You just don't want to go anymore, and that's fine. I also like how your first paragraph basically reinforces that we have nothing really to protest about but we should protest anyway.

Not as tiresome as the self-righteous keyboard Evanistas who boorishly defend this disastrous regime day in and day out.

Nothing to protest about - what planet are you on? Clueless Evans has overseen the worst decade of league football since the 1950s.

I know let's wait until League One becomes a reality along with average crowds of 6K and then tut with mild disapproval.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024