Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments 16:51 - Feb 13 with 6698 viewsmonytowbray

Would you be happy if Mick stayed for another two years but Evans said he could have £5-10m to spend next season?

Also, if you are one of those people who won't go until Mick/Evans has gone, would it be enough to bring you back?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 16:52 - Feb 13 with 5535 viewsJimmyJazz

be gobsmacked but happy

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 16:54 - Feb 13 with 5532 viewshype313

Trouble is £5-10m is peanuts these days, most of that will go on a couple of players wages, that's why Evans, In my eyes, is desperate for Mick to stay as he keeps us competitive on a shoestring budget and is scared witless about what will happen if he left.

We could lose another 3-4k ST holders and I truly think Evans won't be bothered, as long as Mick stays.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:00 - Feb 13 with 5514 viewsGuthrum

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 16:54 - Feb 13 by hype313

Trouble is £5-10m is peanuts these days, most of that will go on a couple of players wages, that's why Evans, In my eyes, is desperate for Mick to stay as he keeps us competitive on a shoestring budget and is scared witless about what will happen if he left.

We could lose another 3-4k ST holders and I truly think Evans won't be bothered, as long as Mick stays.

£5m to £10m (on top of our current budget) would be enough, put together in a well-coordinated plan, to attempt a Huddersfield-type run at promotion.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:01 - Feb 13 with 5512 viewsmonytowbray

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 16:54 - Feb 13 by hype313

Sorry, should have added, that would be on transfer fees.

TWTD never forgets…

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:01 - Feb 13 with 5511 viewsPJH

Regarding your last line,nor would I.

MM staying does not seem to be a good idea from the ST sales point of view but in my opinion that is the only reason for him not to be here.

If ME is happy enough to risk a further drop in ST sales to keep MM here then that is fine with me.
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:03 - Feb 13 with 5505 viewshype313

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:00 - Feb 13 by Guthrum

£5m to £10m (on top of our current budget) would be enough, put together in a well-coordinated plan, to attempt a Huddersfield-type run at promotion.

Maybe, but the chances of Marcus giving Mick a budget of £10m is fantasy.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:06 - Feb 13 with 5496 viewsconnorscontract

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:01 - Feb 13 by PJH

Regarding your last line,nor would I.

MM staying does not seem to be a good idea from the ST sales point of view but in my opinion that is the only reason for him not to be here.

If ME is happy enough to risk a further drop in ST sales to keep MM here then that is fine with me.

4,000 ST holders is close to £1.5 to 2 million per season. He's already lost that. I think ME would be very bothered indeed if we lost another 4,000 ST holders.
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:09 - Feb 13 with 5483 viewswitchdoctor

nope....me and thousands like me will never return as long as he’s in charge...
Login to get fewer ads

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:10 - Feb 13 with 5485 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think we bought well this season and the team/squad is stronger than last season.

I think it has now got to the point where Mick/ the club/ the fans have come to the end of the road with each other.

The tie to have given Mick serious backing was the season we made the play offs and the season after.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:11 - Feb 13 with 5473 viewsPJH

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:06 - Feb 13 by connorscontract

4,000 ST holders is close to £1.5 to 2 million per season. He's already lost that. I think ME would be very bothered indeed if we lost another 4,000 ST holders.

I think so too which is why I said that that was the only reason(in my opinion)to not keep MM.

ME might already have decided what he is going to do and wants to do although the going to and wanting to could well be conflicting lines of thought.
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:25 - Feb 13 with 5441 viewsJimmy86

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:10 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

I think we bought well this season and the team/squad is stronger than last season.

I think it has now got to the point where Mick/ the club/ the fans have come to the end of the road with each other.

The tie to have given Mick serious backing was the season we made the play offs and the season after.

To coin a phrase used by Stuart Watson of the EADT, when we didn't strengthen from a position of strength in the January window that was absolutely farcical and I don't think any other club in a position similar to us that year would have done the same. Absolutely bonkers not to have strengthened. The squad then arguably wasn't as good as the squad we have now!!
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:31 - Feb 13 with 5418 viewsGlasgowBlue

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:25 - Feb 13 by Jimmy86

To coin a phrase used by Stuart Watson of the EADT, when we didn't strengthen from a position of strength in the January window that was absolutely farcical and I don't think any other club in a position similar to us that year would have done the same. Absolutely bonkers not to have strengthened. The squad then arguably wasn't as good as the squad we have now!!

Indeed. We were second in January weren't we?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:34 - Feb 13 with 5410 viewsLuk38644

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:31 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. We were second in January weren't we?

We lost 3-1 at Brighton at the start of January but with a win, we could have gone top.

We really should have strengthened from that position, it's hurt us ever since.
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:36 - Feb 13 with 5402 viewsmonytowbray

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:34 - Feb 13 by Luk38644

We lost 3-1 at Brighton at the start of January but with a win, we could have gone top.

3-2 wasn't it?

TWTD never forgets…

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:38 - Feb 13 with 5391 viewsPJH

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:36 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

3-2 wasn't it?

and Murphy missed a good chance to make it level.
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:38 - Feb 13 with 5389 viewsLuk38644

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:36 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

3-2 wasn't it?

Possibly.

Either way, I remember thinking we were going to top the league after Christmas and genuinely believed we were going up, then we absolutely bottled it. Wasn't it Sears first game?
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:43 - Feb 13 with 5372 viewsPJH

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:38 - Feb 13 by Luk38644

Possibly.

Either way, I remember thinking we were going to top the league after Christmas and genuinely believed we were going up, then we absolutely bottled it. Wasn't it Sears first game?

It was on 21st January and was Sears' second appearance as a sub-his first was as a sub in 3-1 win at Millwall the previous Saturday.
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:44 - Feb 13 with 5365 viewsOsborneOneNil

I really don't think that the entertainment value would increase if MM had £10 million to spend. He'd just buy slightly better hoofers.

I'm firmly in the camp that thinks the relationship has naturally come to an end. We've all had a partner who, in the end, we just can't be ar5ed to spend time with anymore, despite some good moments in the early days. This is it.
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:45 - Feb 13 with 5360 viewsLuk38644

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:43 - Feb 13 by PJH

It was on 21st January and was Sears' second appearance as a sub-his first was as a sub in 3-1 win at Millwall the previous Saturday.

That it was, just googled it!

Either way, it seemed like that game was the turning point in our season unfortunately. We'll never know if further investment that window would have helped us maintain our form :/
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:59 - Feb 13 with 5334 viewsMothersAgainstKids

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 17:34 - Feb 13 by Luk38644

Our football was hardly silky then and many felt we were in a false position (although one or two on here couldn't see it); Murphy and Bishop were outstanding mind.

After beating Middlesboro 'with a kid' the Boro fans couldn't believe we were 2nd in the league playing football like that. As you say, we desperately needed to strengthened, but Evans must have felt we had got that far with hard-working journeymen, let's do this on the cheap.

Fatal .
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 18:03 - Feb 13 with 5306 viewschicoazul

If Evans said that to him we would never hear about it as that would be commercial suicide. If Mick stays and if he signs 4 players in the Summer for 2m each then that would be something. Judge football managers and owners on what they do not what they say.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 18:34 - Feb 13 with 5251 viewstextbackup

he wont give him that level of funding so pointless question, however the correct answer is no

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 18:47 - Feb 13 with 5220 viewsJ2BLUE

It has no chance of happening. I think the time is right for a change anyway. That money would buy better quality players but we just played a team where we have better quality players at home in a match the manager described as a 'huge game' and we had one shot on target. I think MM has done a decent job overall but I also think his time is up. There is no point dragging this on. If ME has any respect for the fans he won't give him a new deal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 18:49 - Feb 13 with 5214 viewsrgp1

I love it when unsuccessful ex managers wade into the argument, then they often criticise paying fans who kick off.
Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 19:32 - Feb 13 with 5132 viewsBlueBadger

Off the back of Terry Butcher's "WELL, DUH" comments on 18:47 - Feb 13 by J2BLUE

It has no chance of happening. I think the time is right for a change anyway. That money would buy better quality players but we just played a team where we have better quality players at home in a match the manager described as a 'huge game' and we had one shot on target. I think MM has done a decent job overall but I also think his time is up. There is no point dragging this on. If ME has any respect for the fans he won't give him a new deal.

So, that's two years more for Mick then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024