Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC game thread 21:38 - Feb 14 with 6988 viewsmos

So I was looking at a game to get. PUBG, CSGO, GTA and Dirt are getting rather repetitive, and I’m not into football manager, so please don’t suggest this haha.

I’m into the RTS, strategy games like Age of Empires, Civilization, StarCraft etc... But at the same time, an RPG like The Witcher interests me. Anyways, years ago my brother used to play loads of Age of Empires III for hours at a time, and I began to learn how to play it, it was an awesome game for £12 on disc.

So I’m looking to probably buy Age of Empires II HD on steam, or possibly Civ5.. I’m just curious, does anyone play either of these games, or have any recommendations for a solid game to play?

Cheers folks

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

PC game thread on 12:50 - Feb 15 with 1179 viewsmos

PC game thread on 12:31 - Feb 15 by Terra_Farma

Dark Souls 3? Probably not what you are after (it's an action RPG) but it had me hooked. I have completed it 3 times and am considering a 4th stab at it (you can play as a different character each time)

I have been playing Battlefield 1 since it's release late last year. It is close to perfection but it's a first person multiplayer shooter which doesn't sound like your cup of tea mos?!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 12:33]

Hello Terra,

I do know about the Dark Souls franchise, though I’ve never played one of their games. But yes, Dadk Souls III is definitely a game I will play at some point - it does look fun; however do you have to play Dark Souls 1 & 2 to understand the story, or can I just pick up the game from Dark Souls 3 and still understand what’s going on.

As for Battlefield, it’s probably my most played game of all time. I’ve only played BF 3,4 and Bad Company 2, however I do have some hours into Battlefield 1, but I just don’t seem to enjoy FPS multiplayer games anymore (I say that like an aged man) and am more into the strategical games now. Although I still play Counter-Strike. Will probably still give BF another bash at some point though.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum

PC game thread on 12:56 - Feb 15 with 1173 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Would chuck in a vote for Paradox games. Go for Europa Universalis or Crusader Kings, both good.

Love, love, love Total War though. Unfortunately I don't have a dedicated gaming PC anymore but I absolutely love Medieval 2, that's probably only a couple of quid on Steam. Me and my mates had an epic hotseat campaign on that with us all controlling a different faction and the rest all computer controlled, was amazing. Good fun outmanouvering your mates on the battlefield, positioning your priests and bishops to make a run on being pope and assassinating rival royals. All good fun.
PC game thread on 21:42 - Feb 17 with 1110 viewsmos

Just thought I’d say, AoE II HD is on sale for circa £3.50, and Civilization V is on sale for circa £4.99. This deal is only available on Steam, and the sale ends on the 19th.

There also some other games on sale, including The Witcher 3., so you might aswell purchase Civ/AoE/Witcher as they’re incredibly cheap right now.

PC game thread on 21:48 - Feb 17 with 1107 viewsRobTheMonk

Ahh, Counter Strike. Many hours lost to that game haha!
PC game thread on 01:36 - Feb 18 with 1079 viewsCoastalblue

PC game thread on 21:42 - Feb 17 by mos

Just thought I’d say, AoE II HD is on sale for circa £3.50, and Civilization V is on sale for circa £4.99. This deal is only available on Steam, and the sale ends on the 19th.

There also some other games on sale, including The Witcher 3., so you might aswell purchase Civ/AoE/Witcher as they’re incredibly cheap right now.

Pretty sure Hearts Of Iron is on the sale too, mentioned earlier I believe.

Witcher 3 the only game I've completed in about 10 years I think, including all of the extra DLC. Incredible game.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

PC game thread on 02:05 - Feb 18 with 1072 viewsmattelliot

Some great suggestions here...

Aoe II HD: fantastic game on steam still like it was back in the late 90’s but the community is much wiser on how to play it

Skyrim: very much like Pringles, once you pop you can’t stop! Totally addictive from start to finish!

I am currently playing Fortnite: Battle Roayle, it’s currently in early access mode so is free to buy, very similar to PUBG yet a touch more arcade like, and highly enjoyable!

However, if you are looking for a pick up and play stragegic game get Clash Royale on iPhone/Android is fantastic
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 2:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024