Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another day, another school shooting in the U.S. 23:46 - Feb 14 with 5069 viewsIllinoisblue

17 dead at a high school in Florida. An awful awful event made worse by the cast iron guarantee that seemingly rational people will suggest arming teachers as the answer.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 23:49 - Feb 14 with 5045 viewsSwansea_Blue

Horrific. Thoughts are with those who have lost loved ones today.

Sadly I suspect their deaths will be in vain and nothing will change. Gun culture is far too deeply ingrained over here. This guy/kid had multiple assault rifles ffs .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 23:51 - Feb 14 with 5036 viewsnoggin

America, from afar, really seems to be destroying itself from within. I read recently that over 60,000 Americans died of opiate overdose last year. That is shoking.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 23:54 - Feb 14 with 5023 viewsfloridablue

Don't see there being an end to this, just kids(and adults) that will try to beat the last total...almost like an on line game. Sad times indeed!
another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 23:58 - Feb 14 with 5020 viewsElderGrizzly

While people still believe good guys with guns will stop bad guys with guns, it is a lost cause.

Plus a worrying percentage will think is is fake or a Govt conspiracy, because Alex Jones said so, as he did with Sandy Hook....

18 school shootings in the USA this year already and it is only 6 weeks in.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 23:59]
another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 00:16 - Feb 15 with 4956 viewsSwansea_Blue

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 23:58 - Feb 14 by ElderGrizzly

While people still believe good guys with guns will stop bad guys with guns, it is a lost cause.

Plus a worrying percentage will think is is fake or a Govt conspiracy, because Alex Jones said so, as he did with Sandy Hook....

18 school shootings in the USA this year already and it is only 6 weeks in.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 23:59]

The One Show has a lot to answer for. That Matt Baker looks a wrong un too.

American radio is nuts. Some right crackpots reaching out to the masses.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 03:41 - Feb 15 with 4865 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Won’t post it on here but there’s a 25 second video on twitter of one of the students hiding under his desk and it’s complete silence. Next thing you know, there’s shots in the classroom and screaming as the video cuts out.

He then zooms onto a picture taken after the gunmen is out of the room of the laptop that was on the desk a few metres from him with three massive bullet holes in it. Can’t imagine how scary that must be. Terrible.

I watched a documentary today about Dunblane. Awful stuff. To think the shooter was actually trying to time it for the assembly to get the 250 kids at once. There must be something wrong with these people to do stuff like that. Because for us normal people, it’s not something we can even comprehend doing.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 07:09 - Feb 15 with 4761 viewsBlueNomad

Trump condemns the way we go about things here. Will he finally do the same in his country? He usually restricts himself to condolences.
another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 07:19 - Feb 15 with 4750 viewsElderGrizzly

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 07:09 - Feb 15 by BlueNomad

Trump condemns the way we go about things here. Will he finally do the same in his country? He usually restricts himself to condolences.

The Republican Senator for Florida’s view on it. Just for context, he received $3m from the NRA....🙄

And this was the gun used, apparently legally owned. Why does a civilian need one?

Login to get fewer ads

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 07:28 - Feb 15 with 4740 viewsblueislander

Whatever happened to Tennessee Blue? He would have given us the NRA viewpoint. Not that I really want to hear someone trying to justify this.
another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 08:22 - Feb 15 with 4676 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 07:28 - Feb 15 by blueislander

Whatever happened to Tennessee Blue? He would have given us the NRA viewpoint. Not that I really want to hear someone trying to justify this.

Thought he got banned ages ago after going way way way too far on one of those threads.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 08:44 - Feb 15 with 4649 viewsimsureazzure

18 High school shooting incidents this year! Surely a president standing on a handgun and automatic weapon ban would get elected?
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 9:04]
another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 08:45 - Feb 15 with 4640 viewsBluefish

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 08:44 - Feb 15 by imsureazzure

18 High school shooting incidents this year! Surely a president standing on a handgun and automatic weapon ban would get elected?

I am not sure that moderate Americans outnumber the combined total of thick Americans and Russian bots. Actually I am not sure they do without the Russian involvement

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 08:49 - Feb 15 with 4625 viewsBarneycurley

It's the price they are prepared to pay to keep themselves safe. what ever the hell that is.

demoralizing really, so so sad

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 08:56 - Feb 15 with 4607 viewsitfcjoe

Sure thoughts and prayers will sort it out.

Guns will clearly never be banned in the US, but surely these assault rifle type weapons should have no reason to be in civilian hands? Surely they should be banned, even if they were still allowed handguns and rifles which can’t fire multiple rounds a second

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 08:58 - Feb 15 with 4599 viewsPinewoodblue

An American friend put a short message on Facebook soon after it happened. All he put was " Another school shooting this time in Florida" Googled Florida shooting and it gave me a choice of three incident.

Overnight another American friend, a Trump supporter, has posted a link showing the killer was registered as a Democrat even gsme his voter number He claims that the majority of shooters are Democrats.

It really is a sick, divided country. They need to change their electoral system they have a warped form of democracy

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 09:06 - Feb 15 with 4581 viewsimsureazzure

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 08:58 - Feb 15 by Pinewoodblue

An American friend put a short message on Facebook soon after it happened. All he put was " Another school shooting this time in Florida" Googled Florida shooting and it gave me a choice of three incident.

Overnight another American friend, a Trump supporter, has posted a link showing the killer was registered as a Democrat even gsme his voter number He claims that the majority of shooters are Democrats.

It really is a sick, divided country. They need to change their electoral system they have a warped form of democracy

'Warped democracy' and 'thoughts and prayers' Are two key points from this thread.
another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 09:24 - Feb 15 with 4549 viewsGeoffSentence

What would the answer be if an armed teacher broke and started shooting the kids?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 09:28 - Feb 15 with 4548 viewsHeathlander

My cousins daughter goes to that school and was there. So glad to say she was one of the lucky ones and is safe. Horrific time for her family.
another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 09:29 - Feb 15 with 4542 viewstrueblue1970

they really do need to get this under control but I'm guessing there are so many out there now are they at a point where its impossible to manage

I agree with others on here why do they need the type of gun used in this shooting?
another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 09:40 - Feb 15 with 4490 viewsColchesterBlue1985

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 08:44 - Feb 15 by imsureazzure

You would like to think so but you’d be horribly wrong by some distance. There is a comedian “Jim jefferies” who has talked about gun control in America for years now but has conceded despite high school massacre after high school massacre American gun owners will not give up their guns. After port Arthur Australia reacted by bringing in tight gun control laws where as after sandy hook where 20 children aged between 6-7 were killed, America tried to push through tighter gun control but were basically told to do one by the American people.
another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 09:42 - Feb 15 with 4482 viewsSaleAway

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 09:40 - Feb 15 by ColchesterBlue1985

You would like to think so but you’d be horribly wrong by some distance. There is a comedian “Jim jefferies” who has talked about gun control in America for years now but has conceded despite high school massacre after high school massacre American gun owners will not give up their guns. After port Arthur Australia reacted by bringing in tight gun control laws where as after sandy hook where 20 children aged between 6-7 were killed, America tried to push through tighter gun control but were basically told to do one by the American people.

https://t.co/VY60PYxe1q

for those interested.

"There's only one argument for guns and its this... 'f*** off, I like guns' . Its not a very good argument, but its all you've got"

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 10:28 - Feb 15 with 4399 viewsBluesquid

They had an 'active shooter drill' in the morning.
Yes, you read that right, a 'shooter drill' in the morning and the actual shooting in the afternoon.

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 10:42 - Feb 15 with 4359 viewsmos

“A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” - 1791 it was agreed that bearing arms was part of their constitution. And I think the NRA use the fact that guns are supposedly allowed due to it being written down in the constitution of the USA.

But to counter this; surely you have to look at the date of when it was agreed/amended. 1791, and at the time arms would have been muskets, not rapid fire, scoped ARs with pin-point accuracy, I doubt the law had these sort of current weapons in mind.

Therefore, I’d change the law, but I can’t see that happening.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 10:46 - Feb 15 with 4339 viewsSaleAway

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 10:42 - Feb 15 by mos

“A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” - 1791 it was agreed that bearing arms was part of their constitution. And I think the NRA use the fact that guns are supposedly allowed due to it being written down in the constitution of the USA.

But to counter this; surely you have to look at the date of when it was agreed/amended. 1791, and at the time arms would have been muskets, not rapid fire, scoped ARs with pin-point accuracy, I doubt the law had these sort of current weapons in mind.

Therefore, I’d change the law, but I can’t see that happening.

This is exactly the points that Jim Jeffries makes...

1... NRA say "its in the constitution - you can't change it"
Its called an amendment. They managed it with slavery.
2. If the only weapons around were muskets, it would probably be fine to keep it... don't think any one is going to do a huge amount of damage with a musket

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

another day, another school shooting in the U.S. on 10:50 - Feb 15 with 4326 viewsCoastalblue

They should build a big wall to keep all the bad people and nutters out.

More seriously, it's heart breaking how this just keeps happening and defies logic the American people won't look to change.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024