Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. 18:52 - Feb 15 with 3764 viewscbower

I knew this on Monday when I said don't rule him out for us but was sworn to secrecy. This was from the same source who told me about our bid for Hugill last year that I put on here more than a week before it became public. Like I say, he will be in the mix!

bluescouser

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 18:57 - Feb 15 with 3719 viewsBluefish

Trading in Mick for Grayson or megson. What a time to be alive.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 19:04]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 19:00 - Feb 15 with 3707 viewsJ2BLUE

You were sworn to secrecy about a managerial appointment at Bradford? Why?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 19:00 - Feb 15 with 3701 viewsbrogansnose

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 18:57 - Feb 15 by Bluefish

Trading in Mick for Grayson or megson. What a time to be alive.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 19:04]

I'd rather keep Mick.

Totally pointless to change if this is the case.
Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 19:08 - Feb 15 with 3653 viewscbower

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 19:00 - Feb 15 by J2BLUE

You were sworn to secrecy about a managerial appointment at Bradford? Why?

It was not made public until today that the contract was only til the end of the season which was at Grayson's insistence, not the club's. Maybe reading too much into it but it feels like he is waiting until the summer to assess what is there before committing to Bradford longer term. Could that be us? If ME listens to Mick (after all he took the advice of a departing Paul Jewell), you know Mick will put in a good word for Grayson.

bluescouser

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 19:34 - Feb 15 with 3556 viewsMullet

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 19:08 - Feb 15 by cbower

It was not made public until today that the contract was only til the end of the season which was at Grayson's insistence, not the club's. Maybe reading too much into it but it feels like he is waiting until the summer to assess what is there before committing to Bradford longer term. Could that be us? If ME listens to Mick (after all he took the advice of a departing Paul Jewell), you know Mick will put in a good word for Grayson.

I suspect if he takes Bradford up he renegotiates with others (like us) in the mix.

As with Steijn, we'll just be everybody's back up to make eyes at, and used to line their pockets. All whilst we're left ending up with some "grab-a-granny" equivalent as the summer draws to a close.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 20:06 - Feb 15 with 3458 viewsSWGF

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 19:00 - Feb 15 by brogansnose

I'd rather keep Mick.

Totally pointless to change if this is the case.

Quite

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 21:43 - Feb 15 with 3260 viewscbower

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 19:34 - Feb 15 by Mullet

I suspect if he takes Bradford up he renegotiates with others (like us) in the mix.

As with Steijn, we'll just be everybody's back up to make eyes at, and used to line their pockets. All whilst we're left ending up with some "grab-a-granny" equivalent as the summer draws to a close.

I hope people don't misunderstand me here. Grayson would certainly not be my choice. Just think he could well be ME's. Mini-Mick if you like!

bluescouser

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 23:00 - Feb 15 with 3139 viewsnorth_stand77

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 21:43 - Feb 15 by cbower

I hope people don't misunderstand me here. Grayson would certainly not be my choice. Just think he could well be ME's. Mini-Mick if you like!

Funnily enough, I also heard earlier in the week that Grayson may be 'the one'
Login to get fewer ads

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 23:21 - Feb 15 with 3104 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 23:00 - Feb 15 by north_stand77

Funnily enough, I also heard earlier in the week that Grayson may be 'the one'

Strong possibility and highly plausible speculation.

Like it or not ME will be trying to persuade MM to stay, and failing that will again be looking for a safe and experienced successor as he has done before. He will also ask Mick for recommendations......

All this puts Micks mate Larry at the top of the list.

We can wish all we like but ME ain’t gonna take a gamble on a lower league or foreign manager, it’s championship experience he’s looking for.

Grayson wouldn’t be my choice either, but we could do worse (Megson, Brown, Coyle) and others - better options - are not available / we wouldn’t attract (Rowett, Karanka, Wilder) anyway.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 23:34 - Feb 15 with 3072 viewsnorth_stand77

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 23:21 - Feb 15 by BlueyandCrazy

Like it or not ME will be trying to persuade MM to stay, and failing that will again be looking for a safe and experienced successor as he has done before. He will also ask Mick for recommendations......

We can wish all we like but ME ain’t gonna take a gamble on a lower league or foreign manager, it’s championship experience he’s looking for.

Grayson wouldn’t be my choice either, but we could do worse (Megson, Brown, Coyle) and others - better options - are not available / we wouldn’t attract (Rowett, Karanka, Wilder) anyway.

I agree unfortunately.

But wouldn't it be nice if ME was brave enough to go out on a limb and bring in a young forward thinking manager who could bring a bit of creativity and flair to PR that we are all craving.

I'm not at all sure Grayson could do that.
Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 23:45 - Feb 15 with 3047 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 23:34 - Feb 15 by north_stand77

I agree unfortunately.

But wouldn't it be nice if ME was brave enough to go out on a limb and bring in a young forward thinking manager who could bring a bit of creativity and flair to PR that we are all craving.

I'm not at all sure Grayson could do that.

It would be nice for us yes, to have a new younger manager from the lower leagues or Europe, just like it would be nice if if ME invested even more in ITFC.

But it’s not our money and not our risk to take......downside of it not working out is worse for him,so the pragmatic approach is to go for a safe pair of hands who with experience and a little money may take us forward but at the very least will keep things ticking over in the championship.....

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 02:02 - Feb 16 with 2964 viewsSwansea_Blue

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 23:21 - Feb 15 by BlueyandCrazy

His main experience seems to be getting League 1 clubs promoted and then struggling in the Championship. So I'm not convinced he's a safe pair of hands at all.

ME has also always said he wants a manager with experience of getting a team promoted into the PL. The penny may have dropped that that doesn't guarantee results, but I won't be holding my breath.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 08:16 - Feb 16 with 2830 viewsStadiumofdark

Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 02:02 - Feb 16 by Swansea_Blue

His main experience seems to be getting League 1 clubs promoted and then struggling in the Championship. So I'm not convinced he's a safe pair of hands at all.

ME has also always said he wants a manager with experience of getting a team promoted into the PL. The penny may have dropped that that doesn't guarantee results, but I won't be holding my breath.

Marcus is planning for the season after next..... obviously. Grayson can lead us back to the Championship.Exciting times ;-(
Grayson Bradford contract til end of season. on 08:22 - Feb 16 with 2816 viewsitfcjoe

I'd be fairly certain he'd be on the list if Mick is to go, ticks most of the boxes for ME. Can't say I'd be overly happy with his appointment if it were to happen personally though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024