Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching the game in Amsterdam 22:04 - Feb 15 with 5443 viewsdee_bo

Hi

On a stag do this weekend and we’ll be in Amsterdam while the game is on. Does anyone know anywhere which might have the game on?
Cheers
Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:11 - Feb 15 with 5428 viewsLord_Lucan

I think I help you here. Where abouts are you?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:11 - Feb 15 with 5431 viewsDennyx4

There is a sports bar in Amsterdam which will definitely have it on. Will have any game that is on sky on in there - it is called Satellite Sportscafe

I watched the Middlesbrough v Ipswich game in there a couple of years ago.

If I remember rightly, they sold unlimited ribs - which is a great deal if you are staying in there to watch the whole game.
Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:26 - Feb 15 with 5398 viewsLord_Lucan

Ok, this is the thing.

There is a bar on Damstraat not far from the square called Cafe De Dam (AKA Louis Bar). Seriously, if you go in there and say you know the ipswich boys he will put it on. Trouble is it’s a small tele above the door. It’s a great bar but if you want to watch a big screen over the road there is a sports bar underground - ABB can give you coordinates, I don’t go there. BTW, if you need sorting PM me.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:27 - Feb 15 with 5389 viewsdee_bo

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:11 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

I think I help you here. Where abouts are you?

We are getting in early on the train so close by from there if possible
Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:29 - Feb 15 with 5377 viewsBluefish

If you like overpriced beer and ropey birds dancing on stools, teasers will have it on

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:30 - Feb 15 with 5377 viewsdee_bo

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:26 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

Ok, this is the thing.

There is a bar on Damstraat not far from the square called Cafe De Dam (AKA Louis Bar). Seriously, if you go in there and say you know the ipswich boys he will put it on. Trouble is it’s a small tele above the door. It’s a great bar but if you want to watch a big screen over the road there is a sports bar underground - ABB can give you coordinates, I don’t go there. BTW, if you need sorting PM me.

What about in Eindhoven? Know anyone there, we are just extending the stag do an extra night in Dam.
Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:41 - Feb 15 with 5354 viewsLord_Lucan

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:30 - Feb 15 by dee_bo

What about in Eindhoven? Know anyone there, we are just extending the stag do an extra night in Dam.

I know nothing about Eindhoven - except not to go there. It’s a grey town. Don’t do it.

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:54 - Feb 15 with 5333 viewsdee_bo

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:41 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

I know nothing about Eindhoven - except not to go there. It’s a grey town. Don’t do it.

Bit late for that haha. Going to the PSV game
Login to get fewer ads

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 09:15 - Feb 16 with 5185 viewsartsbossbeard

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:27 - Feb 15 by dee_bo

We are getting in early on the train so close by from there if possible

I'm easily confused but are you in Amsterdam on Sunday now?

If so, head down Damnstradt from the train station and head for the main square with the big epitaph in the middle. The Euro Bar sits on the very end on the left hand side and there's a side road just behind it. Head down this road and about 50yds on the left hand side is a mahussive sports bar with two floors.

They'll have it on somewhere within.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2018 9:47]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 09:35 - Feb 16 with 5154 viewsThijssens_Tash

I watched the last derby in here

http://www.cocosoutback.com/

decent amount of tv's, they will get it on if it clashes with another match,
drinks are a bit pricey though.

If you do watch it in Dam, let us know where, I will come and join :)
Watching the game in Amsterdam on 13:42 - Feb 16 with 5046 viewsdyalikedags

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:11 - Feb 15 by Dennyx4

There is a sports bar in Amsterdam which will definitely have it on. Will have any game that is on sky on in there - it is called Satellite Sportscafe

I watched the Middlesbrough v Ipswich game in there a couple of years ago.

If I remember rightly, they sold unlimited ribs - which is a great deal if you are staying in there to watch the whole game.

If Satellite Sportscafe is the one I’m thinking of (short walk straight down the canal from Anne Franks House), it will definitely have it on.
Watching the game in Amsterdam on 18:09 - Feb 16 with 4982 viewsdee_bo

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 09:35 - Feb 16 by Thijssens_Tash

I watched the last derby in here

http://www.cocosoutback.com/

decent amount of tv's, they will get it on if it clashes with another match,
drinks are a bit pricey though.

If you do watch it in Dam, let us know where, I will come and join :)

I think we’ll follow arts instructions, if you want to meet we will be there!
Watching the game in Amsterdam on 21:22 - Feb 16 with 4934 viewsartsbossbeard

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 18:09 - Feb 16 by dee_bo

I think we’ll follow arts instructions, if you want to meet we will be there!

If the game isn't on, just ask and they'll put it on.

If there's a couple of Dutch games and they say no (unlikely) head to the palace at the other end of the square past Madam Tussauds and there's a pub on the corner to the left with a Sky Sports sign outside. Sorted.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 09:20 - Feb 17 with 4841 viewsartsbossbeard

I've had a google and the bar is called Players Sports Bar.

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 15:27 - Feb 17 with 4773 viewsLord_Lucan

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 09:15 - Feb 16 by artsbossbeard

I'm easily confused but are you in Amsterdam on Sunday now?

If so, head down Damnstradt from the train station and head for the main square with the big epitaph in the middle. The Euro Bar sits on the very end on the left hand side and there's a side road just behind it. Head down this road and about 50yds on the left hand side is a mahussive sports bar with two floors.

They'll have it on somewhere within.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2018 9:47]

Thought I should clarify for the OP that the road from station is Damrak and not Damstraat. Damstraat is the road that goes from the square past Louis and towards Suzies.

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 16:58 - Feb 17 with 4728 viewsartsbossbeard

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 15:27 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

Thought I should clarify for the OP that the road from station is Damrak and not Damstraat. Damstraat is the road that goes from the square past Louis and towards Suzies.

Good spot!

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 18:15 - Feb 17 with 4689 viewsWD19

Try not to mess the place up. I fly out after the game tmw for a couple of days.
Watching the game in Amsterdam on 21:53 - Feb 17 with 4625 viewsHogger

Can't work out from this thread which pib you decided on. Might come and join you as live in Amsterdam. Let us know? Another pub that will show game is Three Sisters on Rembrandtplein. Watched last derby there
Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:03 - Feb 17 with 4621 viewsLord_Lucan

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 21:53 - Feb 17 by Hogger

Can't work out from this thread which pib you decided on. Might come and join you as live in Amsterdam. Let us know? Another pub that will show game is Three Sisters on Rembrandtplein. Watched last derby there

I watched The Royal Wedding (William) on Rembrandtplein.

Bar Centrum, had an absolute cracking time in there. One of my best ever days in The Dam.

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:10 - Feb 17 with 4610 viewstextbackup

Liam Bells stag??

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:25 - Feb 17 with 4595 viewsdee_bo

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:10 - Feb 17 by textbackup

Liam Bells stag??

Nah mate, Someone I think you know.
Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:44 - Feb 17 with 4567 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Watching the game in Amsterdam on 22:26 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

Ok, this is the thing.

I think this isn't too far from Spuistraat where the best squat bars used to be.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024