Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chap on Look East (programme collector) seems to support both Town and Nodge? 00:39 - Feb 17 with 2221 viewsGunnsAirkick

He had a huge collection of Town and Norwich programmes, was quite impressive. He said he'd be happy if either team wins, seems like a nice chap.

I have not come across this before myself (i.e. supporting Town and Norwich) bar what looked like a wind-up account on Twitter, has anyone else? I did meet a Norwich fan in the South Stand bar once though, I mentioned I live in Norwich and he said he lives in Ipswich, supports Norwich but watches both as he just likes watching football, can understand that a bit more I guess!
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 0:40]
Chap on Look East (programme collector) seems to support both Town and Nodge? on 00:54 - Feb 17 with 2191 viewsNewcyBlue

I think there was a thread a while back about something similar. It seemed to be that it wasn’t seen as strange as it is now.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Chap on Look East (programme collector) seems to support both Town and Nodge? on 09:12 - Feb 17 with 2016 viewsNot_My_Team

My accountant in BSE is a supporter of both. Traditionally he has perhaps leaned a bit more towards Town (he’s nearing retirement age) but has a genuine interest in seeing “both teams do well”.

My mind boggles a bit with his view. That said, living in BSE, I like to see Cambridge United do well... so I understand the sentiment to an extent.

I think most of us have a soft spot for a second/other team, but not usually one in the same division as your club?! I think the rivalry is more intense because on the whole both teams have played at a similar divisional level over the past few decades? Playing one another frequently fuels that rivalry, and arguably has become more intense since the internet because it’s never been easier to be in the faces of the team you love to hate.

Bring on tomorrow. Safe journey up all you Town fans, hope it’s a cracking game and may the best team in yellow win. ;)
Chap on Look East (programme collector) seems to support both Town and Nodge? on 09:21 - Feb 17 with 1996 viewsPJH

That Delilah Smith woman does.
Blue & white scarf on on TV on Cup Final morning and now she sometimes wears a yella & green one.
Chap on Look East (programme collector) seems to support both Town and Nodge? on 09:28 - Feb 17 with 1991 viewsblueislander

Chap on Look East (programme collector) seems to support both Town and Nodge? on 09:21 - Feb 17 by PJH

That Delilah Smith woman does.
Blue & white scarf on on TV on Cup Final morning and now she sometimes wears a yella & green one.

Back in the day lots of people had season tickets for both Town and Scum.
Chap on Look East (programme collector) seems to support both Town and Nodge? on 09:53 - Feb 17 with 1948 viewsmonty_radio

Back when we were filling the trophy room and they were burning theirs down, what they did and didn't do was as remote for me as the A140 is from being a serious road.

Anglia covered both alternately and pretty fairly on Match of the Week (except when they thought Peterborough, or even Hull, was in East Anglia). But plenty of border-folk supported both. But now, this rabid Derby thing seems a manufactured entity. It's not like living in the same city; many of us never encounter an actual flesh-and-blood Canary. The worst that could happen, if we lose, would be the unwonted chiding from that gentlemanly Giant Ulla.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Chap on Look East (programme collector) seems to support both Town and Nodge? on 13:00 - Feb 17 with 1822 viewsIllinoisblue

Chap on Look East (programme collector) seems to support both Town and Nodge? on 09:12 - Feb 17 by Not_My_Team

My accountant in BSE is a supporter of both. Traditionally he has perhaps leaned a bit more towards Town (he’s nearing retirement age) but has a genuine interest in seeing “both teams do well”.

My mind boggles a bit with his view. That said, living in BSE, I like to see Cambridge United do well... so I understand the sentiment to an extent.

I think most of us have a soft spot for a second/other team, but not usually one in the same division as your club?! I think the rivalry is more intense because on the whole both teams have played at a similar divisional level over the past few decades? Playing one another frequently fuels that rivalry, and arguably has become more intense since the internet because it’s never been easier to be in the faces of the team you love to hate.

Bring on tomorrow. Safe journey up all you Town fans, hope it’s a cracking game and may the best team in yellow win. ;)

Sounds like a wrong un

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Chap on Look East (programme collector) seems to support both Town and Nodge? on 14:10 - Feb 17 with 1771 viewsmonty_radio

Chap on Look East (programme collector) seems to support both Town and Nodge? on 13:00 - Feb 17 by Illinoisblue

Sounds like a wrong un

I have known several reputable accountants

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024