Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy 13:31 - Feb 17 with 1768 viewsSteve_M

but Lizzy Yarnold has just won a gold medal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-olympics/42496404

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 14:15 - Feb 17 with 1726 viewsgerard1947

Fantastic performance, plucky too, chin just above the ice at over 100 kph.
Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 14:30 - Feb 17 with 1710 viewsbournemouthblue

A fair amount of the snow/ice sports are bat sh1t mental

How on earth did Moguls develop?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 14:46 - Feb 17 with 1692 viewschristiand

Both girls were brilliant, it was a great viewing. Funny how we all become experts in an event that we rarely see after watching it for 30 minutes.

Do we think Elise Christie will get GB another medal in the speed skating? She just seems so unlucky, puts everything on the line, pushes the boundaries and then comes unstuck. Just hope she can medal in the 1000m. Surely she deserves some good fortune?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 14:51 - Feb 17 with 1687 viewsbournemouthblue

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 14:46 - Feb 17 by christiand

Both girls were brilliant, it was a great viewing. Funny how we all become experts in an event that we rarely see after watching it for 30 minutes.

Do we think Elise Christie will get GB another medal in the speed skating? She just seems so unlucky, puts everything on the line, pushes the boundaries and then comes unstuck. Just hope she can medal in the 1000m. Surely she deserves some good fortune?

I suppose part of pushing it so hard is partly why she is so good

It seems to be a very unpredictable sport

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 14:55 - Feb 17 with 1678 viewsgerard1947

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 14:46 - Feb 17 by christiand

Love to see it, got my doubts though. It must be in her head that it's not to be an Olympic medal for her, three times a faller at the last Olympics both times so far this time. It's such fine margins, they have to take risks.

I've never bothered with winter sports before, must admit this time I'm quite hooked.
Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 15:03 - Feb 17 with 1670 viewschristiand

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 14:55 - Feb 17 by gerard1947

Love to see it, got my doubts though. It must be in her head that it's not to be an Olympic medal for her, three times a faller at the last Olympics both times so far this time. It's such fine margins, they have to take risks.

I've never bothered with winter sports before, must admit this time I'm quite hooked.

Me too!!! I thought I'd be drawn to the ice hockey; have loved the snowboarding, skeleton and the speed skating all have been wonderful to watch.

Got my fingers crossed for Ms Christie she reminds me of the ice equivalent of Kelly Holmes prior to Athens 2004. She just needs that first Olympic medal to get over that mental barrier.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 15:06 - Feb 17 with 1664 viewsbournemouthblue

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 14:55 - Feb 17 by gerard1947

It's always been more watchable than the summer Olympics

It's just a shame we are somewhat handicapped by the fact we don't have any real snow or many mountain ranges

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 15:33 - Feb 17 with 1638 viewsNo9

One mistake in skating & it's all over
Login to get fewer ads

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 18:53 - Feb 17 with 1565 viewsconnorscontract

Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 15:03 - Feb 17 by christiand

Me too!!! I thought I'd be drawn to the ice hockey; have loved the snowboarding, skeleton and the speed skating all have been wonderful to watch.

Got my fingers crossed for Ms Christie she reminds me of the ice equivalent of Kelly Holmes prior to Athens 2004. She just needs that first Olympic medal to get over that mental barrier.

More like Paula Radcliffe, sadly.
Skeleton Bob is less a sport than a brush with idiocy on 19:13 - Feb 17 with 1552 viewsFreddies_Ears

Not sure it is about luck. The final was far less physical than her race - is she the one who is "trying too hard", mixing it up too much, and getting DQ'd? Does she have the mentality at that utterly top level, when the pressure is on? Reminds me of the heptathlete Katarina Johnson-thompson - great at anything other than the absolute pinnacle events, where something just seems not to work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024