Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bully's Brummie trip review 19:53 - Feb 17 with 914 viewssparks

Half term trip with family, back to old University stomping grounds.

1. Black country living museum- 8/10. Excellent place, with rebuilt and original buildings, houses, school, engineering kit, workshops etc as well as a "mine" to experience. Volunteer actors well informed and excited about their subjects. 30s chip shop- still frying and making a very fine lunch. 30s pub. Fantastic.

2. Dudley Canal tunnels trip- 8/10 again. Fantastic atmospheric trip through history and some beautiful old caves and caverns.

3. Akrams Balti - Pershore road- 7/10. Fine table naans. Good "brown sweet" style balti curry (non brummies probably wont even know what I mean by that bu its good). Fine offie opposite for supplies.

4. Cadbury World- disappointing and poor value for money really. 5/10.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Bully's Brummie trip review on 19:56 - Feb 17 with 903 viewsSporall

Agree on No4. Took my daughter their recently and was underwhelmed. Had anticipated at least seeing some production. Maybe I didn't research it sufficiently.
Bully's Brummie trip review on 19:58 - Feb 17 with 899 viewssparks

Bully's Brummie trip review on 19:56 - Feb 17 by Sporall

Agree on No4. Took my daughter their recently and was underwhelmed. Had anticipated at least seeing some production. Maybe I didn't research it sufficiently.

Worst part was a 30 minute queue (in the middle of a linear tour) for "Cadabra". Which turned out to be an on rails car ride, at about 2 mph, with cheap looking plastic figures and scenery. A 3 or 4 year old's fairground ride effectively. had they told all the people in the queue what they were quueing for, they'd have skipped it...

[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 20:01]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Bully's Brummie trip review on 21:22 - Feb 17 with 831 viewsBluefish

Bully's Brummie trip review on 19:58 - Feb 17 by sparks

Worst part was a 30 minute queue (in the middle of a linear tour) for "Cadabra". Which turned out to be an on rails car ride, at about 2 mph, with cheap looking plastic figures and scenery. A 3 or 4 year old's fairground ride effectively. had they told all the people in the queue what they were quueing for, they'd have skipped it...

[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 20:01]

My son and I queued for that while the rest of the family sacked it off. We lived to regret It!

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024