Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
boxing 21:22 - Feb 17 with 5994 viewstrueblue97

is eubank the real deal?? anyone got any bets on it?? groves will just edge it imo
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 21:22]
boxing on 23:37 - Feb 17 with 1613 viewsHerbivore

boxing on 23:16 - Feb 17 by Ely_Blue

awful awful fight, whilst Eubank never showed up groves never did anything to win that fight, for me much as with a football match to win something you have to be on the front foot.
Groves just tied up Eubank up at every available opportunity

Jesus, I don't think you watch boxing really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

boxing on 23:40 - Feb 17 with 1607 viewsKeaneish

boxing on 23:32 - Feb 17 by Luk38644

Also, people forget, if Groves is winning comfortably on points and using his range/jab, why would he go for the kill? Opens himself up to the power shots/combos that Eubank clearly possesses and it would be an unnecessary risk.

Eubank Sr has just said as much, groves fought perfectly.

Completely. Any time he rushed him he just took him to the ropes and tied him up. Groves said before the fight that Eubank is a Fighter, not a boxer and proved it so. Billy Joe did the same.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

boxing on 23:42 - Feb 17 with 1599 viewsKeaneish

boxing on 23:37 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Jesus, I don't think you watch boxing really.

You and me should forget football and talk boxing instead.
I’ve agreed with every one of your posts on this thread which is a new PB.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

boxing on 23:43 - Feb 17 with 1593 viewsHerbivore

boxing on 23:34 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

Scorecards don't matter in this instance though - doesn't enter into the "robbed" equation.

From what I remember Groves looked pretty gone - whether he had just caught Froch is also irrelevant - each moment is taken on it's merit rather than what has preceded it.

Certainly a call that it was an early stoppage but robbed just seems a bit much. Guess it's all about opinions though!

SB

He was nowhere near 'gone'. He'd taken a few shots for the first time in the fight but he'd probably won the first minute of the round prior to taking a couple of digs and he'd won probably 7 of the 8 completed rounds before the stoppage. It was a very early stoppage, Froch was way more 'gone' in the first round of the fight than Groves was at the time of the stoppage.

boxing on 23:43 - Feb 17 with 1591 viewsLuk38644

boxing on 23:40 - Feb 17 by Keaneish

Completely. Any time he rushed him he just took him to the ropes and tied him up. Groves said before the fight that Eubank is a Fighter, not a boxer and proved it so. Billy Joe did the same.

Billy Joe is a phenomenal boxer, as is Groves, and like you say, people see Eubank's combos and power but if he can't box, he ain't landing those punches and will lose rounds by swinging and missing.

Is anybody still watching the analysis? Prince Nas is going in on Eubank Jr, has directly told him to retire!
boxing on 23:44 - Feb 17 with 1587 viewsHerbivore

boxing on 23:33 - Feb 17 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s hardly relevant though to be fair.

Someone (Neville possibly?) who played with Gerrard and Carrick once said the latter was the better player. That’s his personal opinion but I’m sure it’s a minority one. Likewise I expect 99% of the people would say Golovkin would have more powr.

Anyway, I’m off the sleep. Big day tomorrow.

Night all

I'd take the personal opinion of someone who has been punched in the face by both over the opinion of someone who thought Connor McGregor would beat Floyd Mayweather. Sorry, Rommers.

boxing on 23:45 - Feb 17 with 1582 viewsHerbivore

boxing on 23:43 - Feb 17 by Luk38644

Billy Joe is a phenomenal boxer, as is Groves, and like you say, people see Eubank's combos and power but if he can't box, he ain't landing those punches and will lose rounds by swinging and missing.

Is anybody still watching the analysis? Prince Nas is going in on Eubank Jr, has directly told him to retire!

I'm loving Naz right now, absolutely loving him.

boxing on 00:03 - Feb 18 with 1563 viewsLord_Lucan

boxing on 23:45 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

I'm loving Naz right now, absolutely loving him.

I think he is looking for headlines.

Eubank just got it completely wrong - and maybe overestimated himself but Naz rubbishing him like that was poor I think.

I can't believe the size of him now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

boxing on 00:06 - Feb 18 with 1559 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

boxing on 23:44 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

I'd take the personal opinion of someone who has been punched in the face by both over the opinion of someone who thought Connor McGregor would beat Floyd Mayweather. Sorry, Rommers.

That’s not actually what I said in fairness.

You said he couldn’t ever beat Mayweather in boxing and every pro boxer would beat McGregor.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

boxing on 00:08 - Feb 18 with 1556 viewsStokieBlue

boxing on 00:06 - Feb 18 by The_Romford_Blue

You said he couldn’t ever beat Mayweather in boxing and every pro boxer would beat McGregor.

Which of those two statements do you disagree with? The second one I assume?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

boxing on 00:08 - Feb 18 with 1556 viewsHerbivore

boxing on 00:03 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

I think he is looking for headlines.

Eubank just got it completely wrong - and maybe overestimated himself but Naz rubbishing him like that was poor I think.

I can't believe the size of him now.

I think he has beef with Snr. He was going amusingly OTT but he had a point, Jnr was outclassed in there.

boxing on 00:13 - Feb 18 with 1550 viewsHerbivore

boxing on 00:06 - Feb 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Come now, Rommers. You were heavily banging the drum for McGregor being able to beat Mayweather and that showed a lack of knowledge of boxing. In a 12 round contest McGregor wouldn't beat any of the UK top 10 or world top 50 in his weight class.

boxing on 06:13 - Feb 18 with 1484 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

boxing on 00:13 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Come now, Rommers. You were heavily banging the drum for McGregor being able to beat Mayweather and that showed a lack of knowledge of boxing. In a 12 round contest McGregor wouldn't beat any of the UK top 10 or world top 50 in his weight class.

I said McGregor would cause him trouble and win a round at least which you disputed. He won the first round.

I massively disputed the top 50 part. McGregor would beat most.

I seen they've been hinting on twitter at a rematch in the octagon. 15 second maximum time on ththe floor before the fight is stood up. Both been teasing it on twitter lately. I think it’s very unlikely. McGregor would absolutely tear him apart without the weight of boxing gloves. His hand speed would be far too quick for Mayweather.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

boxing on 08:19 - Feb 18 with 1458 viewschristiand

boxing on 06:13 - Feb 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I said McGregor would cause him trouble and win a round at least which you disputed. He won the first round.

I seen they've been hinting on twitter at a rematch in the octagon. 15 second maximum time on ththe floor before the fight is stood up. Both been teasing it on twitter lately. I think it’s very unlikely. McGregor would absolutely tear him apart without the weight of boxing gloves. His hand speed would be far too quick for Mayweather.

I doubt this rematch would ever realistically happen. No doubt McGregor would teach Mayweather a lesson in the octagon the array of skills needed to win would heavily favour the Irishman.

Nevertheless, the American does have a huge ego and lets face it money talks - so never say never!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

boxing on 08:27 - Feb 18 with 1454 viewsHerbivore

boxing on 06:13 - Feb 18 by The_Romford_Blue

McGregor would lose to any of the top 50 light-middleweights in a boxing match, I have no doubt about that. He's pretty crap at boxing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024