Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
boxing 21:22 - Feb 17 with 5990 viewstrueblue97

is eubank the real deal?? anyone got any bets on it?? groves will just edge it imo
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 21:22]
boxing on 21:44 - Feb 17 with 4349 viewsLord_Lucan

I had forgotten all about it - so much appreciated.

Eubank will win.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

boxing on 21:57 - Feb 17 with 4322 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

1) Eubank will win on points

2) It’ll be a very poor fight considering the hype

3) The crowd will support Groves

I do hope Groves knocks the hobby tw*t out though. But Groves has never been a big puncher so it’ll more likely have to be a victory by points.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

boxing on 22:01 - Feb 17 with 4312 viewsStokieBlue

boxing on 21:57 - Feb 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I do hope Groves knocks the hobby tw*t out though. But Groves has never been a big puncher so it’ll more likely have to be a victory by points.

Groves is quite a bit larger isn't he?

However, Eubank has very decent power, think he will knock him out at some point.

Not sure it's Eubank's fault if he's gobby, always going to be that way when Eubank Snr is your dad.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

boxing on 22:07 - Feb 17 with 4292 viewsHerbivore

boxing on 21:57 - Feb 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Groves isn't a big puncher? Bloody hell, young Rommers. Groves is a proper banger, he nearly took Froch out in a round with one straight right. He knocked out Paul Smith, who has a good chin, inside a 2 or 3 rounds.

I'm backing Groves, Eubank Jnr hasn't really fought anyone of note and I think Groves will have a little too much for him. Very tough one to call though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

boxing on 22:09 - Feb 17 with 4288 viewsHerbivore

boxing on 22:01 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

Groves is quite a bit larger isn't he?

However, Eubank has very decent power, think he will knock him out at some point.

Not sure it's Eubank's fault if he's gobby, always going to be that way when Eubank Snr is your dad.

SB

The KO in Eubank's last fight flatters him somewhat, he's not that much of a puncher in the grand scheme of things, he relies on volume and speed as opposed to power. Groves can be vulnerable though so a stoppage is possible, but I'm still leaning towards Groves. Especially as he's coming in to Paint it Black.

boxing on 22:18 - Feb 17 with 4273 viewsStokieBlue

boxing on 22:09 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

The KO in Eubank's last fight flatters him somewhat, he's not that much of a puncher in the grand scheme of things, he relies on volume and speed as opposed to power. Groves can be vulnerable though so a stoppage is possible, but I'm still leaning towards Groves. Especially as he's coming in to Paint it Black.

That's true, Eubank is very quick though. It's an interesting fight.

Would his dad in his pomp have beaten Groves? I've not really seen enough of the later.

SB
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 22:20]

boxing on 22:44 - Feb 17 with 4225 viewsLord_Lucan

boxing on 22:18 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

That's true, Eubank is very quick though. It's an interesting fight.

Would his dad in his pomp have beaten Groves? I've not really seen enough of the later.

SB
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 22:20]

Groves looks too clever for Eubank at the moment.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

boxing on 22:47 - Feb 17 with 4219 viewsStokieBlue

boxing on 22:44 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

Yep, bossing it.

Too clever and too much range.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

boxing on 22:55 - Feb 17 with 4193 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

boxing on 22:07 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Groves isn't a big puncher? Bloody hell, young Rommers. Groves is a proper banger, he nearly took Froch out in a round with one straight right. He knocked out Paul Smith, who has a good chin, inside a 2 or 3 rounds.

I'm backing Groves, Eubank Jnr hasn't really fought anyone of note and I think Groves will have a little too much for him. Very tough one to call though.

Well.. I respectfully disagree.

His best punch didn’t end the fight against Froch even though he caught him as best as he will ever.

boxing on 23:09 - Feb 17 with 4165 viewsLord_Lucan

boxing on 22:47 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

Yep, bossing it.

Too clever and too much range.

SB

Eubank couldn’t have got things more wrong there.

Groves was just too experienced.

Smart fighting

boxing on 23:11 - Feb 17 with 4152 viewsstrikalite

boxing on 23:09 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

Eubank couldn’t have got things more wrong there.

Groves was just too experienced.

Smart fighting

Won on point did he? Lost stream in the 10th..
boxing on 23:13 - Feb 17 with 4145 viewsStokieBlue

boxing on 22:44 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

Easy win for Groves in the end. Doubt the cut from the head clash in the 3rd helped Eubank but even before then Groves was bossing it.

SB

boxing on 23:16 - Feb 17 with 4123 viewsEly_Blue

boxing on 23:13 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

Easy win for Groves in the end. Doubt the cut from the head clash in the 3rd helped Eubank but even before then Groves was bossing it.

SB

awful awful fight, whilst Eubank never showed up groves never did anything to win that fight, for me much as with a football match to win something you have to be on the front foot.
Groves just tied up Eubank up at every available opportunity

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

boxing on 23:16 - Feb 17 with 4117 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Tactical masterclass from Groves and great execution combined with terrible tactics and poor execution from Eubank.

Groves’ head movement was superb.

I expect Callum Smith will be too good in the final (assuming Smith beats Brahmer).

Groves deserved a big fight win again. Remember he was robbed in that first fight with Froch at the same arena as tonight.

boxing on 23:22 - Feb 17 with 4101 viewsLuk38644

Thank f*ck Groves won, didn't buy the Eubank hype at all - Who's he fought? Only person of real note was Billy Joe and he lost! All those combo's he posted on Twitter count for nothing at all if he can't hit his opposition, brilliant boxing from Groves.

Groves is experienced and toyed with him tonight. So quick, countered everything perfectly and had Eubank swinging all night.
boxing on 23:22 - Feb 17 with 4101 viewsStokieBlue

boxing on 23:16 - Feb 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Tactical masterclass from Groves and great execution combined with terrible tactics and poor execution from Eubank.

Groves’ head movement was superb.

I expect Callum Smith will be too good in the final (assuming Smith beats Brahmer).

Groves deserved a big fight win again. Remember he was robbed in that first fight with Froch at the same arena as tonight.

Isn't robbed a bit strong?

Early stoppage maybe but from what I remember Froch was getting through with a lot by that point.

SB

boxing on 23:24 - Feb 17 with 4094 viewsLuk38644

boxing on 22:07 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Groves jab is one of the most powerful in world boxing.
boxing on 23:26 - Feb 17 with 4078 viewsHerbivore

boxing on 22:55 - Feb 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Well.. I respectfully disagree.

His best punch didn’t end the fight against Froch even though he caught him as best as he will ever.

Yeah, you're wrong though. Martin Murray reckons Groves has more power than Golovkin and he's been hit square in the face by both.

boxing on 23:27 - Feb 17 with 4074 viewsHerbivore

boxing on 23:24 - Feb 17 by Luk38644

Groves jab is one of the most powerful in world boxing.

Yep, it has real pop. His straight right is a beast as well when he unleashes it.

boxing on 23:28 - Feb 17 with 4065 viewstrueblue97

get in!! went exactly how i thought.
15 on the win at 2.50
10 on the points decision at 5.
a lot of beer tokens for tomo :)
boxing on 23:30 - Feb 17 with 4056 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

boxing on 23:22 - Feb 17 by StokieBlue

Isn't robbed a bit strong?

Early stoppage maybe but from what I remember Froch was getting through with a lot by that point.

SB

On the scorecards, Groves was ahead by a few.

The stoppage was a farcical seconds after groves had caught Froch. They were both swinging at the stoppage. Worst decision I’ve seen personally

boxing on 23:31 - Feb 17 with 4055 viewsKeaneish

boxing on 23:16 - Feb 17 by Ely_Blue

awful awful fight, whilst Eubank never showed up groves never did anything to win that fight, for me much as with a football match to win something you have to be on the front foot.
Groves just tied up Eubank up at every available opportunity

What about all those back foot fighters who've won title after title? Groves eased through that. Great range, great speed. Barely threw many combinations tonight such was Eubank inability to close the distance. Thought Eubank's footwork was terrible tonight. Looked a tad embarrassed at times during that fight and rightly so.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

boxing on 23:32 - Feb 17 with 4043 viewsLuk38644

boxing on 23:31 - Feb 17 by Keaneish

What about all those back foot fighters who've won title after title? Groves eased through that. Great range, great speed. Barely threw many combinations tonight such was Eubank inability to close the distance. Thought Eubank's footwork was terrible tonight. Looked a tad embarrassed at times during that fight and rightly so.

Also, people forget, if Groves is winning comfortably on points and using his range/jab, why would he go for the kill? Opens himself up to the power shots/combos that Eubank clearly possesses and it would be an unnecessary risk.

Eubank Sr has just said as much, groves fought perfectly.
boxing on 23:33 - Feb 17 with 4041 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

boxing on 23:26 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Yeah, you're wrong though. Martin Murray reckons Groves has more power than Golovkin and he's been hit square in the face by both.

That’s hardly relevant though to be fair.

Someone (Neville possibly?) who played with Gerrard and Carrick once said the latter was the better player. That’s his personal opinion but I’m sure it’s a minority one. Likewise I expect 99% of the people would say Golovkin would have more powr.

Anyway, I’m off the sleep. Big day tomorrow.

Night all

boxing on 23:34 - Feb 17 with 4034 viewsStokieBlue

boxing on 23:30 - Feb 17 by The_Romford_Blue

On the scorecards, Groves was ahead by a few.

The stoppage was a farcical seconds after groves had caught Froch. They were both swinging at the stoppage. Worst decision I’ve seen personally

Scorecards don't matter in this instance though - doesn't enter into the "robbed" equation.

From what I remember Groves looked pretty gone - whether he had just caught Froch is also irrelevant - each moment is taken on it's merit rather than what has preceded it.

Certainly a call that it was an early stoppage but robbed just seems a bit much. Guess it's all about opinions though!

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024