Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans 14:26 - Feb 18 with 7463 viewsOxford_Blue

When we scored the whole bench celebrated and stepped well over the marked area. The fourth official had a gonat MM and MM told him to get lost. Why on Earth anyone would think MM would choose, on camera, to tell his own fans to FO when his team had just scored what appeared to be the winner in a Derby shows how how quickly people are looking to criticise him.

This is the commentary from Talk Sport. Go to 1 hr 57mins 15 secs

[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 15:05]
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:53 - Feb 18 with 1998 viewsOxford_Blue

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:50 - Feb 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

"It certainly doesn't show him saying F*** off"?

????

But even if he was, which isn’t clear from the video (he certainly says “f*** but it’s not clear what he says next) just apply some judgment for a minute : if it was clear as you say he had sworn at his fans, why has not a single media outlet reported it, including Sky, whose cameras were there, TalkSport or radio Suffolk? The Talk sport correspondent who was there (unlike you) watching it in the first person didn’t mention what you allege. It’s just nonsense. Get over your witch hunt and disappointment.
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:54 - Feb 18 with 1998 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:53 - Feb 18 by sparks

Why is he directing it into the pitch? Was the fourth official there?

'The simple truth is, WE DON'T KNOW WHO, IF ANYBODY, IT WAS DIRECTED AT. Although I suspect that if you're that desperate to take offence at some naughty words then perhaps football may not be the game for you.' BlueBadger - 14:45.
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:55 - Feb 18 with 1997 viewsOxford_Blue

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:52 - Feb 18 by havinit69

Dear oh dear.

So you tell me then why this hasn’t been picked up by a single media outlet including all the ones that were there? It only exists on this messageboard from a few people who want to get MM out.
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:55 - Feb 18 with 1995 viewssparks

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:53 - Feb 18 by Oxford_Blue

But even if he was, which isn’t clear from the video (he certainly says “f*** but it’s not clear what he says next) just apply some judgment for a minute : if it was clear as you say he had sworn at his fans, why has not a single media outlet reported it, including Sky, whose cameras were there, TalkSport or radio Suffolk? The Talk sport correspondent who was there (unlike you) watching it in the first person didn’t mention what you allege. It’s just nonsense. Get over your witch hunt and disappointment.

That reasoning is plainly fallacious.

Radio suffolk are talking about it incidentally...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:58 - Feb 18 with 1987 viewsOxford_Blue

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:55 - Feb 18 by sparks

That reasoning is plainly fallacious.

Radio suffolk are talking about it incidentally...

No it isn’t. If an eye witness on the spot doesn’t report it, and other eye witnesses don’t either, then it rather undermines your allegation doesn’t it.
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:00 - Feb 18 with 1975 viewssparks

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:58 - Feb 18 by Oxford_Blue

No it isn’t. If an eye witness on the spot doesn’t report it, and other eye witnesses don’t either, then it rather undermines your allegation doesn’t it.

Yes it is.

There is clear video footage. The fact that you have not heard a particular outlet report it doesnt change that. Jounralists have, it seems, been raising it- so its not even correct.

Again- what eye witness? Your link didnt deal with it at all- at least not at the timing suggested.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:05 - Feb 18 with 1956 viewsOxford_Blue

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:00 - Feb 18 by sparks

Yes it is.

There is clear video footage. The fact that you have not heard a particular outlet report it doesnt change that. Jounralists have, it seems, been raising it- so its not even correct.

Again- what eye witness? Your link didnt deal with it at all- at least not at the timing suggested.

Ar 1 hr 57 15 secs Tony Inchendo (sky reporter) who in on the touchline reports MM and TC having words with the fourth official. If he had sworn at the fans, why wasn’t this reported?
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:06 - Feb 18 with 1954 viewssparks

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:05 - Feb 18 by Oxford_Blue

Ar 1 hr 57 15 secs Tony Inchendo (sky reporter) who in on the touchline reports MM and TC having words with the fourth official. If he had sworn at the fans, why wasn’t this reported?

So - you have an eye witness to words with the 4th official.

But not, so far as we can tell, an eye witness to the actual incident. Do you see the issue here?

Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:07 - Feb 18 with 1948 viewsSpruceMoose

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:34 - Feb 18 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Mick outers will use anything against him, even when, as the evidence you've provided, clearly states he's telling the 4th official to f-off and not the fans.

Mick outers are funny.

At this point why do Mick inners and outers even exist? He's going at the end of the season. He's not being sacked anytime soon.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:10 - Feb 18 with 1930 viewshavinit69

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:55 - Feb 18 by Oxford_Blue

So you tell me then why this hasn’t been picked up by a single media outlet including all the ones that were there? It only exists on this messageboard from a few people who want to get MM out.

Let’s give it time hey? You may get your wish.

Perhaps if you lived your life outside of this message board you’d realise it’s more than just a handful of people taking about it on here.

Mick has just been asked the question in an interview, didn’t say it was aimed at the 4th official ‘just a reaction to the game’.

I’ll hand it to you, in a court of law the evidence isn’t 100% conclusive, but I know what I saw Live and on replays and if somehow you’ve seen it differently.

Let’s see what comes if it, I don’t think we’ve heard the end of it.
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:12 - Feb 18 with 1923 viewsOxford_Blue

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:06 - Feb 18 by sparks

So - you have an eye witness to words with the 4th official.

But not, so far as we can tell, an eye witness to the actual incident. Do you see the issue here?

No, you’re wrong again. The reporter was there on the touchline or in the seats right behind (I can draw you a map is that helps) becaue this is precisely his job. He saw the whole match. The point is he is looking out for what happens in front of him. He only reported the altercation because that all that happened. This is now tedious.
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:17 - Feb 18 with 1913 viewsOxford_Blue

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:10 - Feb 18 by havinit69

Let’s give it time hey? You may get your wish.

Perhaps if you lived your life outside of this message board you’d realise it’s more than just a handful of people taking about it on here.

Mick has just been asked the question in an interview, didn’t say it was aimed at the 4th official ‘just a reaction to the game’.

I’ll hand it to you, in a court of law the evidence isn’t 100% conclusive, but I know what I saw Live and on replays and if somehow you’ve seen it differently.

Let’s see what comes if it, I don’t think we’ve heard the end of it.

Sure, let’s see but given MM has denied it, and there were no other first hand witnesses to the whole scene, and those who were there don’t mention it, what do seriously think is going to happen.?

As for “living my life” on here - oh dear, I’ve only posted today for the first time in over a year to deal with the nonsense that’s being spouted. I suggest you compare your number of posts with mine.
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:20 - Feb 18 with 1899 viewsSouperJim

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:12 - Feb 18 by Oxford_Blue

No, you’re wrong again. The reporter was there on the touchline or in the seats right behind (I can draw you a map is that helps) becaue this is precisely his job. He saw the whole match. The point is he is looking out for what happens in front of him. He only reported the altercation because that all that happened. This is now tedious.

It's clearly directed at the away fans. Thought so as I watched it live, repeat viewing hasn't changed my mind.

He's looking up into the stand in the opposite corner, clear as day.

Whether or not this is worthy of "mick out" debate, is an entirely separate matter. Yes it'll be jumped on, but he doesn't learn does he? Combined with his sarcastic reply to the question about our away support on radio suffolk, the relationship is clearly broken beyond repair.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:21 - Feb 18 with 1895 viewshavinit69

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:17 - Feb 18 by Oxford_Blue

Sure, let’s see but given MM has denied it, and there were no other first hand witnesses to the whole scene, and those who were there don’t mention it, what do seriously think is going to happen.?

As for “living my life” on here - oh dear, I’ve only posted today for the first time in over a year to deal with the nonsense that’s being spouted. I suggest you compare your number of posts with mine.

I’m hardly an active member! Just I see posts like yours and can’t help myself.

That said, you’re entitled to your opinion so let’s agree to disagree on this one.
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:21 - Feb 18 with 1895 viewssparks

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:12 - Feb 18 by Oxford_Blue

How would someone behind see what happened?

And its fallacious again. Your argument is that someone hadn't mentioned it therefore it didn't happen, when video footage suggests otherwise, ridiculous tbh.

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 15:59 - Feb 18 with 1859 viewsFreddy

Look at the clise up video doing the rounds on twitter of his f*** off then come back to us
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 17:44 - Feb 18 with 1817 viewsstrikalite

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:37 - Feb 18 by havinit69

It’s simple, Town fans had just booed his final substitution and his negativity in not bringing on Celina, instead bringing on a defender to take a point. Town fans responded by singing ‘your football is sh*t’ so Micks reaction was clearly aimed at the Town fans, it was in the direction they were located but of course, there will be some that continue to defend him. For me, it’s time for him to go.

This is exactly what happened, a lot of pent up frustration there too for those that think it doesn't hurt him..

But yes it was directed to Town supporters.
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 18:02 - Feb 18 with 1809 viewsMr_Ipswich

Christ on a bike. Is this thread the biggest waste of time, or what?!

Of course it was aimed at the fans. The booing of substitutions and chanting towards him resulted in him looking DIRECTLY AT THE TOWN FANS ACROSS THE PITCH and swearing at them.

End of.

(Chambers even mentioned that he didn't like the booing of subs, and he's not the one making the decision!)
McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 18:03 - Feb 18 with 1804 viewsTrequartista

Industrial strength blue tinted glasses

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 18:05 - Feb 18 with 1798 viewsTrequartista

McCarthy was swearing at the officials, not the fans on 14:34 - Feb 18 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Mick outers will use anything against him, even when, as the evidence you've provided, clearly states he's telling the 4th official to f-off and not the fans.

Mick outers are funny.

Mick inners making up things that didn’t happen so desperate to defend their man. Support the club not one person

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024