Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest 14:32 - Feb 18 with 2824 viewswaveneyblue

We can criticize McCarthy all we like... but it nearly worked.

We were excellent in the first half , Maddison did nothing and Norwich didn't get close. Second half we ran out of steam, Maddison was running the show and bringing wingers on would have made no difference, if anything it would've made us weaker.

The f*ck off thing... we will never know, only he knows the truth... but can you blame him... during a game at your local rivals ... score nil nil... is a sh1t time to boo the manager..

I think he needs to go because he is far too divisive and as a club it's killing us... however sadly I can't see us being more competitive when he does go. Quite the opposite
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 14:50]
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 14:52 - Feb 18 with 2718 viewswaveneyblue

Slight edit needed - Maddison rather than Morrison.....
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 14:53 - Feb 18 with 2709 viewsITFCson

I can understand MM reaction. The amount of abuse from fans he has to take is bound to take its toll on him. Yes the football is often dull and negative but given the budget he has been given during his tenure he has actually done a good job. Chances are if he had attempted to play attractive football all the time we’d be in a league below.
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 14:56 - Feb 18 with 2683 viewsDarth_Koont

The chant was awfully timed. Luckily the team and Spence got on with it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 14:57 - Feb 18 with 2674 viewspointofblue

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 14:53 - Feb 18 by ITFCson

I can understand MM reaction. The amount of abuse from fans he has to take is bound to take its toll on him. Yes the football is often dull and negative but given the budget he has been given during his tenure he has actually done a good job. Chances are if he had attempted to play attractive football all the time we’d be in a league below.

I'm not sure whether I get this argument - yes, against Wolves, Derby, Villa, Fulham I accept we're not going to blitz sides by playing them off the park; that's where are belligerence comes into play. But Burton? Bolton? A torpid Sheffield Wednesday? QPR? If we'd played football against them would we really we played off the park?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 14:57 - Feb 18 with 2665 viewsBluebell

Such a shame we haven’t played all season with the passion we had in the first half.

Second half we were struggling as they turned the team round but still almost held on.

Why didn’t we play like that last week against Burton?
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 14:58 - Feb 18 with 2655 viewssparks

As someone pointed out below- it would have been more luck than judgment wouldnt it?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:01 - Feb 18 with 2629 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You say excellent but re-watch the playoff second leg. We had the better of that as well first half but we don't really create anything and then the opposition takes over. We huff and puff maybe nick one from a set piece but it's never ends well for us, does it.
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:02 - Feb 18 with 2616 viewsblueislander

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 14:57 - Feb 18 by Bluebell

Such a shame we haven’t played all season with the passion we had in the first half.

Second half we were struggling as they turned the team round but still almost held on.

The passion was certainly there first half. If there had been a bit of football to go with it we could have been well ahead.
Login to get fewer ads

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:03 - Feb 18 with 2602 viewsbluefunk

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 14:58 - Feb 18 by sparks

As someone pointed out below- it would have been more luck than judgment wouldnt it?

So judging that matching their system doesn’t count, that was just luck? Where today did we have more or less luck than they did?
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:04 - Feb 18 with 2596 viewswaveneyblue

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:01 - Feb 18 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You say excellent but re-watch the playoff second leg. We had the better of that as well first half but we don't really create anything and then the opposition takes over. We huff and puff maybe nick one from a set piece but it's never ends well for us, does it.

We were never that much on top during the first half of the Play Off second leg. Today, Knudsen could've/should've scored - Gunn made at least two decent saves and they never had a single shot on target.

We haven't got the technical players they clearly have - so in the circumstances, it was an excellent first half.
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:06 - Feb 18 with 2580 viewstractorshark

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 14:57 - Feb 18 by Bluebell

Passion in the first half, yes. Quality, no.
The side was set up 80% to not get beaten and 20% to sneak a win.
No pace, no creativity, no threat, no ambition.
I’ve supported McCarthy for a long time, I haven’t criticised him or joined in the chants, and I genuinely believe he has done a good job for Ipswich.
But it’s time for change. The club is imploding, the relationship with the fans is worsening by the day and there is no genuine sign of improvement on or off the pitch.
Today’s selection and performance were a snapshot of where we will be again next season under McCarthy.
It may not be better under another manager but you can’t blame fans for wanting something different.
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:06 - Feb 18 with 2576 viewsDarth_Koont

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:02 - Feb 18 by blueislander

The passion was certainly there first half. If there had been a bit of football to go with it we could have been well ahead.

Indeed.

There wasn't much to separate the teams overall - except for Maddison. When we shackled him first half they looked clueless and when he got on the ball second half we were under the cosh. But can't fault the players or Mick for that overall.

Just a horrible way to get a draw.

Pronouns: He/Him

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:07 - Feb 18 with 2563 viewssparks

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:03 - Feb 18 by bluefunk

So judging that matching their system doesn’t count, that was just luck? Where today did we have more or less luck than they did?

By scoring the single chance we had in the second half, and resisting endless pressure with virtually no possession for 45 minutes.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:09 - Feb 18 with 2544 viewsSomethingBlue

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:07 - Feb 18 by sparks

By scoring the single chance we had in the second half, and resisting endless pressure with virtually no possession for 45 minutes.

Yet we could, probably should, have been ahead at the break. I know you have your reasons for being very down on ITFC and I'd agree with a lot of them, but at least watch properly and make fair assessments.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:10 - Feb 18 with 2535 viewsbluefunk

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:07 - Feb 18 by sparks

ah so now a game is just the 45 minutes that you feel supports your anti Ipswich bias
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:10 - Feb 18 with 2529 viewsLankHenners

Just needed better quality on the ball and a general calmness in the first half and there was at least 1 goal in it for us to take. 2nd half we did struggle - started to lose individual battles all over the pitch, conceded silly free kicks, but crucially made the most of a final push at the end.

A shame there was a collection of errors and a general switching off in the final second as it's now meant people have forgotten we played a match of football today. Booing or chanting abuse at the manager during a derby when the game is still to play for is more of a reason for banning than Lucan and RKD's actions last year. The absolute state of some of our mouth breather fans is utterly pathetic.

I think you nail it - it's not impossible that we'll improve when he goes but it's a shame that Evans has allowed it to get to this stage where he's fcked the best chance we've had of going up since he's been here.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:12 - Feb 18 with 2492 viewswaveneyblue

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:09 - Feb 18 by SomethingBlue

Yet we could, probably should, have been ahead at the break. I know you have your reasons for being very down on ITFC and I'd agree with a lot of them, but at least watch properly and make fair assessments.

Some people just cannot see beyond negativity - I get the reasons for it, believe me I am as fed up as most with the situation -

But its tedious that certain posters cannot say anything positive about the team they "support" -
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:13 - Feb 18 with 2478 viewsBLUEGOLD

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:10 - Feb 18 by LankHenners

Just needed better quality on the ball and a general calmness in the first half and there was at least 1 goal in it for us to take. 2nd half we did struggle - started to lose individual battles all over the pitch, conceded silly free kicks, but crucially made the most of a final push at the end.

A shame there was a collection of errors and a general switching off in the final second as it's now meant people have forgotten we played a match of football today. Booing or chanting abuse at the manager during a derby when the game is still to play for is more of a reason for banning than Lucan and RKD's actions last year. The absolute state of some of our mouth breather fans is utterly pathetic.

I think you nail it - it's not impossible that we'll improve when he goes but it's a shame that Evans has allowed it to get to this stage where he's fcked the best chance we've had of going up since he's been here.

The football is shiiite though and that is down to him.

He has decent players and today he played 8 defensive players against a pretty poor Norwich team, who Maddison apart were no better than us.
Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:17 - Feb 18 with 2432 viewsSomethingBlue

Now ive calmed down. Let's be honest on 15:13 - Feb 18 by BLUEGOLD

The football is shiiite though and that is down to him.

He has decent players and today he played 8 defensive players against a pretty poor Norwich team, who Maddison apart were no better than us.

Yet we attacked them in the first half and dominated. Perhaps "defensive" and "attacking" are not concepts quite as rigid as you perceive.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024