Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy Delighted with the performance 14:39 - Feb 18 with 2297 viewsDublinBlue84

blamed referee for adding 5 minutes.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 14:40]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:41 - Feb 18 with 2272 viewsDublinBlue84

very good apparently.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:42 - Feb 18 with 2253 viewsjas0999

We were terrible second half. Above average in the first.
McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:43 - Feb 18 with 2225 viewskeighleyblue

I agree 200%. We were very unlucky today.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 14:43]
McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:44 - Feb 18 with 2186 viewsuefacup81

Ref had a good game. Reffed it as a Derby.

Landlord of the pub I watched it in trained him, so you can thank Malc at the Woolpack Yard in Norwich for that!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:44 - Feb 18 with 2184 viewsblueislander

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:41 - Feb 18 by DublinBlue84

very good apparently.

Others have posted, quite correctly imo, where the 5 minutes came from. You add 30 seconds for each substitution and booking, which is standard, then at least a minute for the goal celebration
McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:46 - Feb 18 with 2144 viewsandytown

Fair enough I'd say.
Watching on TV, ref blew for half time at 44:59, so early! No time added at all. Then 2nd half there were no long stoppages so where the hell does 5 minutes come from?

Another unfathomable is the free kick given when gunn throws the ball against his own player and Ipswich are penalised. Feeling massively frustrated
McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:49 - Feb 18 with 2089 viewssparks

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:46 - Feb 18 by andytown

Fair enough I'd say.
Watching on TV, ref blew for half time at 44:59, so early! No time added at all. Then 2nd half there were no long stoppages so where the hell does 5 minutes come from?

Another unfathomable is the free kick given when gunn throws the ball against his own player and Ipswich are penalised. Feeling massively frustrated

6 subs, multiple bookings and a goal. Subs and goal are a minimum of 3.5 minutes alone.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:50 - Feb 18 with 2076 viewsblueislander

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:46 - Feb 18 by andytown

Fair enough I'd say.

That free kick that you mention was the only obvious error he made as far as I could see. But it was of no consequence because the ball fell to a Scum defender who had plenty of time to clear.
Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:50 - Feb 18 with 2064 viewspointofblue

First half was a good performance; second half was nowhere near enough. I do wonder whether Mick watches the same game as the rest of us sometimes.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:51 - Feb 18 with 2060 viewsITFCBlues

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:49 - Feb 18 by sparks

6 subs, multiple bookings and a goal. Subs and goal are a minimum of 3.5 minutes alone.

So why 5 then?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:52 - Feb 18 with 2031 viewssparks

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:51 - Feb 18 by ITFCBlues

So why 5 then?

Multiple bookings...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:00 - Feb 18 with 1986 viewsITFCBlues

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:52 - Feb 18 by sparks

Multiple bookings...

So do we add 30 seconds on for every foul now? What difference does it make if there is a booking?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:01 - Feb 18 with 1972 viewssparks

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:00 - Feb 18 by ITFCBlues

So do we add 30 seconds on for every foul now? What difference does it make if there is a booking?

There were multiple bookings which took time out of the match. Ref is entitled to take that into account. Goal celebration was probably more than 30 seconds too.

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:01 - Feb 18 with 1970 viewsRoyKeanesDog

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:42 - Feb 18 by jas0999

We were terrible second half. Above average in the first.

I don't think we were terrible, we were solid. If we were terrible we would've been slaughtered the way they were coming at us.

Poll: Best Football Song

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:03 - Feb 18 with 1951 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:52 - Feb 18 by sparks

Multiple bookings...

Most games have 6 subs and a few bookings, yet 4 minutes tends to be he norm

Not sure it really matters though - if we can see out 4 we should be able to see out 5. Blaming the time added on is clutching at straws a bit, for me

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:04 - Feb 18 with 1945 viewsandytown

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:00 - Feb 18 by ITFCBlues

If it's 30 secs for a booking plus the goal ok but seeing as there were also fouls in the first half and no added time at all, seems a bit rough to me
McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:04 - Feb 18 with 1930 viewsRoyKeanesDog

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:03 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Most games have 6 subs and a few bookings, yet 4 minutes tends to be he norm

Not sure it really matters though - if we can see out 4 we should be able to see out 5. Blaming the time added on is clutching at straws a bit, for me

Indeed. We shot ourselves in the foot.

Poll: Best Football Song

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:06 - Feb 18 with 1915 viewsDennyx4

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:49 - Feb 18 by sparks

But two of the subs were in injury time -so when 5 minutes went up only 4 subs had been made
McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:08 - Feb 18 with 1895 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:01 - Feb 18 by RoyKeanesDog

I don't think we were terrible, we were solid. If we were terrible we would've been slaughtered the way they were coming at us.

Norwich are a poor side this season lost a lot of their talent, albeit on a bit of a run now. We had our backs to the wall second half. We have zero composure or creativity and we set up negatively and get punished for it when it's all said and done.
McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:12 - Feb 18 with 1858 viewsBangor31

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:44 - Feb 18 by blueislander

Others have posted, quite correctly imo, where the 5 minutes came from. You add 30 seconds for each substitution and booking, which is standard, then at least a minute for the goal celebration

That would have been 4 mins wouldn’t have been?

4 yellows and 4 subs?
McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 15:19 - Feb 18 with 1795 viewsDennyx4

McCarthy Delighted with the performance on 14:44 - Feb 18 by blueislander

I expected 4 minutes, but wouldn't have been surprised at 3 minutes.

5 minutes didn't make any sense - but you have to defend for as long as it takes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024