Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knudsen was dreadful 15:29 - Feb 18 with 3802 viewshenryblue

A very unpopular opinion for some reason but I thought he was poor today and I generally feel the same whenever I watch him. Like Chambers I think he is effective as a defender in that he gets in the way and makes himself known but with ball at feet very poor. Also, as a professional footballer winning 1-0 in the dying embers of a local derby why on earth take a gamble on a cross (which was indescribably bad) when there's space to run into and hold up the ball. I remember against Sheffield Wednesday we did the same thing, total control of the ball at the other end of the pitch but we gamble on an attack and concede from resulting loss of possession. Does this come down to managers tactics? Are our players told to immediately release the ball? Anyway I'm surprised less are berating Knudsen for that decision, some intelligence and confidence on the ball and we've won the game simple as that.
Knudsen was dreadful on 15:31 - Feb 18 with 3791 viewsLord_Lucan

You have a point about the end but I thought he was sound and is a perfectly adequate player for us, arguably my second fave behind Bart.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:34 - Feb 18 with 3767 viewspointofblue

I thought Knudsen was our biggest improver at the start of the season but he seems to be regressing again now; I think he's a confidence player more than some and the less confident he feels the poorer the decisions he makes.

We didn't try and attack against Sheffield Wednesday if I recall correctly; Sears tried to take it into the corner, lost it and they broke to score.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:34 - Feb 18 with 3764 viewsDarth_Koont

It was a poor cross but the pass was there to be made. If he'd held up the attack and kept hold of the ball he'd have been rightfully criticized for that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:37 - Feb 18 with 3748 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:31 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

You have a point about the end but I thought he was sound and is a perfectly adequate player for us, arguably my second fave behind Bart.

You watch a different player to me mate. He has no composure or awareness and is like Bambi on ice half the time. He'll put in a hell of a cross now and then from a tough angle but if he has any time to think about it or put a simple ball in, he can't do it, like today. The fact he didn't go to the corner was about the worst situational awareness I can remember from a player in a long time. Esp how the second half went. He also stopped playing for their goal as well.
Knudsen was dreadful on 15:37 - Feb 18 with 3748 viewshenryblue

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:31 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

I just like a wing back to maraud forward with confidence and it's not the first time his delivery has been poor, his crossing is generally terrible. He's a likeable boy and I can't knock the effort he puts in but I really do think his forward play is a big negative.
Knudsen was dreadful on 15:38 - Feb 18 with 3738 viewshenryblue

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:34 - Feb 18 by Darth_Koont

It was a poor cross but the pass was there to be made. If he'd held up the attack and kept hold of the ball he'd have been rightfully criticized for that.

criticised for holding up the ball in the 94th minute? It's what all good teams do, it's how you win games.
Knudsen was dreadful on 15:39 - Feb 18 with 3731 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:34 - Feb 18 by Darth_Koont

WHY?!?!? We would have won the game!!!!! We haven't beaten Norwich in 9 years and he risked giving the ball back to the opposition, why was 2-0 better than 1-0?
Knudsen was dreadful on 15:42 - Feb 18 with 3708 viewsDarth_Koont

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:38 - Feb 18 by henryblue

criticised for holding up the ball in the 94th minute? It's what all good teams do, it's how you win games.

When a pretty simple pass is on? I don't think so.

Anyway we tried taking the ball into the corner earlier this season (when there was no clear goalscoring chance) then lost it and conceded at the other end. We were criticized for that too.

Login to get fewer ads

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:42 - Feb 18 with 3706 viewsCrock

Knudsen was one of Towns best players today. Carter-Vickers was rubbing though.

Poll: Favourite number?

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:46 - Feb 18 with 3688 viewsDarth_Koont

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:39 - Feb 18 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

WHY?!?!? We would have won the game!!!!! We haven't beaten Norwich in 9 years and he risked giving the ball back to the opposition, why was 2-0 better than 1-0?

It was the right choice just poor execution. If he'd tried to keep hold of the ball I doubt we'd even have saved 15 seconds and then we'd be complaining about his not giving a simple pass.

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:46 - Feb 18 with 3688 viewsLord_Lucan

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:38 - Feb 18 by henryblue

Correct, but we aren't good enough to do it.

And let's not forget, we could have gone two up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:48 - Feb 18 with 3672 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:46 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

Correct, but we aren't good enough to do it.

And let's not forget, we could have gone two up.

Irrelevant, every second was vital he gave away the ball with a mere 30 of them to go. The best Norwich could have hoped for was the ball in the air with time expired.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 15:58]
Knudsen was dreadful on 16:37 - Feb 18 with 3596 viewsGarv

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:39 - Feb 18 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Who's to say he wouldn't have been robbed by the corner flag? The end result would have been the same.

We kept the ball in the corner against Sheff Wed at home and the same happened.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Knudsen was dreadful on 16:41 - Feb 18 with 3582 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Knudsen was dreadful on 16:37 - Feb 18 by Garv

Who's to say he wouldn't have been robbed by the corner flag? The end result would have been the same.

We kept the ball in the corner against Sheff Wed at home and the same happened.

Again every second was vital, it would have been all over. It wasn't like it was 91 minutes.
Knudsen was dreadful on 18:08 - Feb 18 with 3496 viewsGarv

Knudsen was dreadful on 16:41 - Feb 18 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Again every second was vital, it would have been all over. It wasn't like it was 91 minutes.

Its ifs and buts. Knudsen doesn't know how much time is left when he puts that ball in, he thinks its a great chance to go 2-0.

Sorry to disagree with you on that.

I'd sooner criticise Jonas for not staying with Klose in the box to be honest.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Knudsen was dreadful on 18:28 - Feb 18 with 3438 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Knudsen was dreadful on 18:08 - Feb 18 by Garv

Its ifs and buts. Knudsen doesn't know how much time is left when he puts that ball in, he thinks its a great chance to go 2-0.

Sorry to disagree with you on that.

I'd sooner criticise Jonas for not staying with Klose in the box to be honest.

Don't worry I'm doing both! You have a good idea how deep you are into injury time.
Knudsen was dreadful on 19:21 - Feb 18 with 3308 viewshadleighboyblue

Knudsen was dreadful on 15:34 - Feb 18 by pointofblue

I thought Knudsen was our biggest improver at the start of the season but he seems to be regressing again now; I think he's a confidence player more than some and the less confident he feels the poorer the decisions he makes.

We didn't try and attack against Sheffield Wednesday if I recall correctly; Sears tried to take it into the corner, lost it and they broke to score.

MM was really giving him a hard time in the match last week , the whole team was rubbish but he aimed his anger at Knudsen - that can't have done his confidence any good .
Knudsen was dreadful on 19:25 - Feb 18 with 3281 viewsstantheman

Knudsen was dreadful on 19:21 - Feb 18 by hadleighboyblue

MM was really giving him a hard time in the match last week , the whole team was rubbish but he aimed his anger at Knudsen - that can't have done his confidence any good .

Oh I see what you've done there. It was McCarthy's fault.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024