Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. 15:50 - Feb 18 with 1255 viewsRickOShea

Take today,
Why go defensive 2nd half while excellent in the 1st.
Why put Mc Goldrick instead of a pacy alternative.
Why when one nil up we switch off before the game ends.
All MM traits.
MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:52 - Feb 18 with 1251 viewsSomethingBlue

It's crucial, vis a vis your first point, to remember there are two teams on the pitch. He will have asked for more of the same at half time, and quite rightly. That was always going to be difficult if Norwich came out well.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:53 - Feb 18 with 1241 viewspointofblue

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:52 - Feb 18 by SomethingBlue

It's crucial, vis a vis your first point, to remember there are two teams on the pitch. He will have asked for more of the same at half time, and quite rightly. That was always going to be difficult if Norwich came out well.

But flip that around - Nigel Clough probably asked for more of the same from Burton last week; Mick presumably asked for a better performance. Burton managed what was asked of them and we didn't by a large margin.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:53 - Feb 18 with 1240 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t think we went defensive, I think Norwich just adjusted slightly, got on the ball more and pinned us back

Think McGoldrick was definitely the wrong move - but had he not come on he’d be taking pelters for leaving him on the bench too

Not sure McCarthy can particularly be blamed for the equaliser, but it was an absolute kick in the teeth

Seasons over and Micks time is up, but putting emotion to the side he got more right than he did wrong today, tactically at least

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:53 - Feb 18 with 1240 viewsnoggin

Where did the myth that we were excellent first half come from?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:54 - Feb 18 with 1234 viewsBlueBadger

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:53 - Feb 18 by noggin

People who watched the game?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:55 - Feb 18 with 1218 viewsSomethingBlue

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:53 - Feb 18 by pointofblue

But flip that around - Nigel Clough probably asked for more of the same from Burton last week; Mick presumably asked for a better performance. Burton managed what was asked of them and we didn't by a large margin.

Sure. Which goes to show it isn't an exact science. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:57 - Feb 18 with 1203 viewsnoggin

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:54 - Feb 18 by BlueBadger

People who watched the game?

I guess it depends on ones interpretation of 'excellent'

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:58 - Feb 18 with 1191 viewspointofblue

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:55 - Feb 18 by SomethingBlue

Sure. Which goes to show it isn't an exact science. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

When was the last time it worked for us though? I can't remember the first time we played poorly in the first half and picked it up for the second. Playing well in the first and going off the boil in the second, yes, but not the other way round.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 16:00 - Feb 18 with 1181 viewsgt81

MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 15:53 - Feb 18 by noggin

I think it stems from the fact that we've become so used to his containment tactics that by that token it was a success, Norwich created nothing, whilst we managed to show some intent going forward.

We definitely lacked cutting edge up front though, we didn't force Gunn into as many saves first half as they did Bart in the 2nd. We were crying out for the likes of Ward, Celina and Carayol to provide something but in the end none of them werr given the chance.
MM has done well to assemble teams, but his tactics are bemusimg. on 16:02 - Feb 18 with 1176 viewsNo9

Town snuffed them out in the first half.
Their TM reacted & made changes
Town TM didn't and lost the 2nd half

Towns 5 yellows shows how desperate thinking got- sad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024