Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. 19:37 - Feb 18 with 6126 viewshomer_123

Grown men getting their knickers in a twist about some potential verbal.

I thought we were better than this.

Clearly, I am wrong.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:29 - Feb 18 with 1799 viewsJ2BLUE

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:25 - Feb 18 by Vaughan8

that doesn't really explain why he did it? Just a lot of flannel.

Why would he have done it towards where the Ipswich fans were? If he was "celebrating", surely it would be best to do it towards where the players are (the other end) and with his backroom staff/subs?

I don't know but were the fans saying he football was sh!t at some point? I read that somewhere. and he reacted to that.

I really don't think he would admit it. That would be the end of him at our club (it might be anyway!) and a very bad reputation for the future that he tells his own fans to F off. Not very professional. He is a professional isn't he?

Why would he have done it towards our fans? Because he's our manager and might have been celebrating with the fans? Who knows who it was directed at. Could have been their fans, their player or yes, our fans. All i'm saying is no one can prove anything.

As i've said I think he should go soon. As soon as we're mathematically safe he should go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:37 - Feb 18 with 1777 viewsVaughan8

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:29 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

Why would he have done it towards our fans? Because he's our manager and might have been celebrating with the fans? Who knows who it was directed at. Could have been their fans, their player or yes, our fans. All i'm saying is no one can prove anything.

As i've said I think he should go soon. As soon as we're mathematically safe he should go.

We aren't in a court though? We don't need to "prove" it. The most likely reason is the one people think. There really isn't a good other explanation. If he is celebrating, why would he say F Off aimed towards the fans. I just don't understand.

If he was saying F in come on or something then yes, but F Off just seems a bit odd if that is celebrating.

If I scored a goal I wouldn't say to my players "F Off" would you?

I don't know why you are so against the most obvious (and probably likely) reason. I just thought you had another one?
Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 21:11 - Feb 18 with 1752 viewsBloomBlue

Lack of of good parents.
Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 21:15 - Feb 18 with 1746 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:54 - Feb 18 by Vaughan8

If you think he wasn't aiming that at our fans, you are a bit native.

Why would he be facing the opposite end to where we scored saying f off? Explain it to me and I might change my mind.

I'm not bothered. I don't boo him, I don't tell him to f off so I'm not going to "get my knickers in a twist"

Maybe there was a particularly gobby Norwich player on the pitch !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 21:21 - Feb 18 with 1729 viewswkj

I think more people are crying out because it adds justification for them to call for Mick to leave, rather than being offended by what he said.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 21:24 - Feb 18 with 1719 viewsJ2BLUE

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:37 - Feb 18 by Vaughan8

We aren't in a court though? We don't need to "prove" it. The most likely reason is the one people think. There really isn't a good other explanation. If he is celebrating, why would he say F Off aimed towards the fans. I just don't understand.

If he was saying F in come on or something then yes, but F Off just seems a bit odd if that is celebrating.

If I scored a goal I wouldn't say to my players "F Off" would you?

I don't know why you are so against the most obvious (and probably likely) reason. I just thought you had another one?

Doesn't make much sense for him to have been saying it to the town fans. I've admitted it's a possibility but it's not the only possibility. Seems wrong to say it's 100% at the fans just because people want to believe that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 21:25 - Feb 18 with 1712 viewsFrimleyBlue

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 21:21 - Feb 18 by wkj

I think more people are crying out because it adds justification for them to call for Mick to leave, rather than being offended by what he said.

Im not offended. And he wasnt saying it to me as i wasnt there.

However. Its not how a manager should act towarsds his own clubs fans regardless of whats been sang before.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 21:28 - Feb 18 with 1701 viewswkj

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 21:25 - Feb 18 by FrimleyBlue

Im not offended. And he wasnt saying it to me as i wasnt there.

However. Its not how a manager should act towarsds his own clubs fans regardless of whats been sang before.

I don't dispute that at all, I hope it is apparent to the powers that be, that the manager and fans separating would be mutually beneficial.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 21:32 - Feb 18 with 1691 viewsstantheman

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 21:24 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

Doesn't make much sense for him to have been saying it to the town fans. I've admitted it's a possibility but it's not the only possibility. Seems wrong to say it's 100% at the fans just because people want to believe that.

If he was shouting it to the ones who sung your football is sh*t when bringing on Spence then more power to him. TBF if it was aimed at them my opinion of him has gone up.
Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 00:34 - Feb 19 with 1632 viewsRyorry

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:54 - Feb 18 by homer_123

Have I? Serious question Ryorry, what may I have missed?

You phrased it "Grown men getting their knickers in a twist about some potential verbal."

Haven't seen anyone see it like that, and I've read numerous threads.

I wasn't there, so I could hardly be offended, but what I've objected to (as have many others) is our manager - a supposed professional, leader and role model to players at ITFC - repeatedly lose his self-discipline, & rise to the bait of a few ill-mannered, beered-up fans, thereby bringing himself down to their level.

They're just mostly loyal paying fans, many in their teens, 20s & 30s, who've been putting up with more than McCarthy for many more years than he's been around, and who've had enough. He's a very experienced, very well paid professional football manager in his 60s, and who is therefore supposed to be wiser, more self-controlled, and to be able to take a broader overall view than they do, particularly regarding the Club's reputation and ability to attract bums onto seats. How will parents of kids feel about what MM apparently mouthed towards them*? How can MM tell his players to be disciplined on the pitch when he himself can't be disciplined off it?

*Assuming that the majority on here saying it was directed at fans are correct. But even if incorrect, he does have previous history of it, or similar.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 06:58 - Feb 19 with 1574 viewsBenters2

I couldnt care less what he said to be honest,all i know is a lot of the people i was speaking to on the train on the way home said they wont renew there season tickets if he is still here next season.
Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 07:15 - Feb 19 with 1562 viewsblue75

Fans get kicked out of Portman road on a gamely basis for using foul language what’s the difference?

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 07:17 - Feb 19 with 1559 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 07:15 - Feb 19 by blue75

Fans get kicked out of Portman road on a gamely basis for using foul language what’s the difference?

Haha

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024