Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. 19:37 - Feb 18 with 6128 viewshomer_123

Grown men getting their knickers in a twist about some potential verbal.

I thought we were better than this.

Clearly, I am wrong.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:38 - Feb 18 with 4288 viewsJ2BLUE

You thought we were better than this? Are you criticising us? YOU SHOULD BE BANNED.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:40 - Feb 18 with 4254 viewshomer_123

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:38 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

You thought we were better than this? Are you criticising us? YOU SHOULD BE BANNED.

Maybe I should be J2. Maybe I should.

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:43 - Feb 18 with 4224 viewsEdmundo

Whatever your opinion on the abuse fans give him, Mick has a track record of reacting, and it's been caught this time. It's like Beckham stamping on Simeone years ago: retaliation is never justified. Mick should walk before he gets clobbered by a disgruntled fan during or after a game. That would be regrettable. We're safe, he's off. Leave now before its boils over.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:44 - Feb 18 with 4203 viewsJ2BLUE

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:43 - Feb 18 by Edmundo

Whatever your opinion on the abuse fans give him, Mick has a track record of reacting, and it's been caught this time. It's like Beckham stamping on Simeone years ago: retaliation is never justified. Mick should walk before he gets clobbered by a disgruntled fan during or after a game. That would be regrettable. We're safe, he's off. Leave now before its boils over.

He hasn't been caught though. People have assumed it was aimed at the fans with no evidence. He was facing the fans because of where the dugout and stand were located. Any competent jury would find him innocent.

Truly impaired.

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:46 - Feb 18 with 4181 viewshomer_123

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:44 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

He hasn't been caught though. People have assumed it was aimed at the fans with no evidence. He was facing the fans because of where the dugout and stand were located. Any competent jury would find him innocent.

Guilty before proved innocent.

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:48 - Feb 18 with 4157 viewshomer_123

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:43 - Feb 18 by Edmundo

Has he? Or maybe some people want to see it that way? Which is an incredible shame.

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:49 - Feb 18 with 4154 viewsmonytowbray

It's quite amazing isn't it? The people I regularly see calling Mick every offensive word under the sun are suddenly all upset because he "may" have shouted "f*ck off" in their direction after scoring a goal in the local derby.

My new avatar sums it all up for me.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:52 - Feb 18 with 4105 viewsLeoMuff

It’s not today though, it’s after every perceived slight in every press conference for over a year, today was just exaggerated by what happened at the end.

It’s seems to be the lads who gob the most that are the biggest bed wetters of them all.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:53 - Feb 18 with 4098 viewsRyorry

Think you rather missed the point tbh.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:54 - Feb 18 with 4079 viewshomer_123

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:53 - Feb 18 by Ryorry

Think you rather missed the point tbh.

Have I? Serious question Ryorry, what may I have missed?

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:54 - Feb 18 with 4078 viewsVaughan8

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:44 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

If you think he wasn't aiming that at our fans, you are a bit native.

Why would he be facing the opposite end to where we scored saying f off? Explain it to me and I might change my mind.

I'm not bothered. I don't boo him, I don't tell him to f off so I'm not going to "get my knickers in a twist"
Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:55 - Feb 18 with 4079 viewsmonytowbray

In all fairness, giving people personal abuse and then having a meltdown and taking moral high ground when they finally get a little back is the TWTD tradition so not that surprising.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:55 - Feb 18 with 4071 viewshomer_123

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:49 - Feb 18 by monytowbray

It's quite amazing isn't it? The people I regularly see calling Mick every offensive word under the sun are suddenly all upset because he "may" have shouted "f*ck off" in their direction after scoring a goal in the local derby.

My new avatar sums it all up for me.

Agreed.

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:55 - Feb 18 with 4058 viewshomer_123

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:52 - Feb 18 by LeoMuff

It’s not today though, it’s after every perceived slight in every press conference for over a year, today was just exaggerated by what happened at the end.

It’s seems to be the lads who gob the most that are the biggest bed wetters of them all.

I think today seems to have reached new levels though?

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:56 - Feb 18 with 4047 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oh J2. You cant honestly believe this?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:58 - Feb 18 with 4030 viewshomer_123

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:55 - Feb 18 by monytowbray

In all fairness, giving people personal abuse and then having a meltdown and taking moral high ground when they finally get a little back is the TWTD tradition so not that surprising.

Is it Callis?

My sentiment was genuine. All the hubris on here is understandable, I thought our wider fan base was different, as I say, I was clearly wrong.

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:58 - Feb 18 with 4023 viewsJ2BLUE

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:56 - Feb 18 by FrimleyBlue

Oh J2. You cant honestly believe this?

It's the only logical view based on the evidence. Anything else is people believing what they want to believe.

Truly impaired.

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:08 - Feb 18 with 3945 viewsVaughan8

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:58 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

It's the only logical view based on the evidence. Anything else is people believing what they want to believe.

You are coming across as someone who is blinkered. Why was he facing our fans (the opposite end of the pitch to where we scored) saying F Off?

As I said, give me a convincing suggestion and I might change my mind. I can't see any other explaination so I need to be enlightened.
Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:09 - Feb 18 with 3949 viewstractorboy1978

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:54 - Feb 18 by homer_123

Have I? Serious question Ryorry, what may I have missed?

Are there lots getting their knickers in a twist? As I've said a couple of times elsewhere I don't think most are offended by it - the overriding feeling seems to be that this simply can't carry on. The fans and manager at war with each other.
Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:18 - Feb 18 with 3856 viewshomer_123

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:09 - Feb 18 by tractorboy1978

Are there lots getting their knickers in a twist? As I've said a couple of times elsewhere I don't think most are offended by it - the overriding feeling seems to be that this simply can't carry on. The fans and manager at war with each other.

A quick search of the forum and news section illustrates my point as well as Twitter posts. Add to that texts I've received from various Town 'fans'.

The reaction of a large number of grown men is disappointing to say the least.

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:19 - Feb 18 with 3843 viewsFrimleyBlue

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 19:58 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

A view which Mick could have stopped with an answer of who is was aiming it at.

Waka waka eh eh

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:21 - Feb 18 with 3827 viewsJ2BLUE

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:08 - Feb 18 by Vaughan8

You are coming across as someone who is blinkered. Why was he facing our fans (the opposite end of the pitch to where we scored) saying F Off?

As I said, give me a convincing suggestion and I might change my mind. I can't see any other explaination so I need to be enlightened.

Why would he mouth f off to the fans from that distance after saying he hoped we win because the fans deserve it? He's also not one for lying. If he said it he would probably admit it, apologise and say he was caught up in the moment.

Truly impaired.

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:25 - Feb 18 with 3794 viewstractorboy1978

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:21 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

Why would he mouth f off to the fans from that distance after saying he hoped we win because the fans deserve it? He's also not one for lying. If he said it he would probably admit it, apologise and say he was caught up in the moment.

I think it is very clearly aimed at the away supporters. He makes an effort to brush Garner off him, celebrate in a different direction to the rest of the staff and direct it at them.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 20:25]
Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:25 - Feb 18 with 3772 viewsVaughan8

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:21 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

that doesn't really explain why he did it? Just a lot of flannel.

Why would he have done it towards where the Ipswich fans were? If he was "celebrating", surely it would be best to do it towards where the players are (the other end) and with his backroom staff/subs?

I don't know but were the fans saying he football was sh!t at some point? I read that somewhere. and he reacted to that.

I really don't think he would admit it. That would be the end of him at our club (it might be anyway!) and a very bad reputation for the future that he tells his own fans to F off. Not very professional. He is a professional isn't he?
Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:28 - Feb 18 with 3733 viewsFrimleyBlue

Well, I've learnt a lot about being an Ipswich Town fan today. on 20:25 - Feb 18 by Vaughan8

that doesn't really explain why he did it? Just a lot of flannel.

Why would he have done it towards where the Ipswich fans were? If he was "celebrating", surely it would be best to do it towards where the players are (the other end) and with his backroom staff/subs?

I don't know but were the fans saying he football was sh!t at some point? I read that somewhere. and he reacted to that.

I really don't think he would admit it. That would be the end of him at our club (it might be anyway!) and a very bad reputation for the future that he tells his own fans to F off. Not very professional. He is a professional isn't he?

The more i see that clip the more obvious it becomes.

He says " it wasnt aimed anyway just celebrating a goal"

Celebrating by saying fk off. Using a gesture whilst staring into the town end. Yet not actually aiming his words or actions to anyone and he was just shouting duck boff.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024